Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Referendum

Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 3:25:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I want to vote for anarchy (no president), but if there IS going to be a president, I want to vote on that.

I propose we have a separate thread as a referendum for the existence of a president. That's so simple. Otherwise, we could have a preferential voting system.
sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 3:43:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2014 3:25:15 AM, Garbanza wrote:
I want to vote for anarchy (no president), but if there IS going to be a president, I want to vote on that.

I propose we have a separate thread as a referendum for the existence of a president. That's so simple. Otherwise, we could have a preferential voting system.

Agreed on anarchy. However since it's generally agreed that president has literally no powers a regular user doesn't, it's not really be 'anarchy' but just eliminating an unnecessary distinction.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 4:40:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2014 3:43:35 AM, sdavio wrote:
Agreed on anarchy. However since it's generally agreed that president has literally no powers a regular user doesn't, it's not really be 'anarchy' but just eliminating an unnecessary distinction.

Fair enough. I just want to vote for no presidency then.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 6:12:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
agree
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 11:03:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2014 4:40:34 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 12/12/2014 3:43:35 AM, sdavio wrote:
Agreed on anarchy. However since it's generally agreed that president has literally no powers a regular user doesn't, it's not really be 'anarchy' but just eliminating an unnecessary distinction.

Fair enough. I just want to vote for no presidency then.

I agree. I don't think a website like this needs a "president" position.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
thehumanistpreacher
Posts: 252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2014 6:33:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2014 3:25:15 AM, Garbanza wrote:
I want to vote for anarchy (no president), but if there IS going to be a president, I want to vote on that.

I propose we have a separate thread as a referendum for the existence of a president. That's so simple. Otherwise, we could have a preferential voting system.

The must always be an administration, the elite and everyone else.

If there were no establishment DDO would become a Troll paradise or even worse if the wrong centralized group were to take control as could possibly happen, the destructive intended changes proposed by some influential members would turn DDO into a shell of it's former self with a massive banning/exodus of every single controversial member in the name of becoming mainstream.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 6:11:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/12/2014 6:33:27 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
At 12/12/2014 3:25:15 AM, Garbanza wrote:
I want to vote for anarchy (no president), but if there IS going to be a president, I want to vote on that.

I propose we have a separate thread as a referendum for the existence of a president. That's so simple. Otherwise, we could have a preferential voting system.

The must always be an administration, the elite and everyone else.

If there were no establishment

There IS an establishment, elite, and administration: Juggle.

We are all just guests on their website. We are "everyone else". Thinking otherwise leads to false empowerment.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
thehumanistpreacher
Posts: 252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:25:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 6:11:41 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 12/12/2014 6:33:27 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
At 12/12/2014 3:25:15 AM, Garbanza wrote:
I want to vote for anarchy (no president), but if there IS going to be a president, I want to vote on that.

I propose we have a separate thread as a referendum for the existence of a president. That's so simple. Otherwise, we could have a preferential voting system.

The must always be an administration, the elite and everyone else.

If there were no establishment

There IS an establishment, elite, and administration: Juggle.

You firstly have made a claim without firstly presenting any evidence or demonstrated that the DDO Elite and Administration (DDO President, Monitors and those appointed or elected to a position recognised by Juggle).

We are all just guests on their website. We are "everyone else". Thinking otherwise leads to false empowerment.

Your interpretation Is based off a presumption of the site that gives Juggle any and all say on the site's handling. You are failing to take into consideration that while Juggle have a presumed monopoly on decision making, they are not immune to suggestions and recommendations from the appointed and elected administrators of the site.

All power is influence and nothing more. If Juggle were the government who have monopoly on decision making, then the Administrators would be the civil service and the DDO Elite would be the media or official opposition without any governing power but who try to be as vocal as they can. Everyone else would be the mass public going about there daily business while the Establishment consisting of three branches Government, Administrators and the Elite play politics.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 3:11:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 11:25:28 AM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
At 12/13/2014 6:11:41 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 12/12/2014 6:33:27 PM, thehumanistpreacher wrote:
At 12/12/2014 3:25:15 AM, Garbanza wrote:
I want to vote for anarchy (no president), but if there IS going to be a president, I want to vote on that.

I propose we have a separate thread as a referendum for the existence of a president. That's so simple. Otherwise, we could have a preferential voting system.

The must always be an administration, the elite and everyone else.

If there were no establishment

There IS an establishment, elite, and administration: Juggle.

You firstly have made a claim without firstly presenting any evidence or demonstrated that the DDO Elite and Administration (DDO President, Monitors and those appointed or elected to a position recognised by Juggle).

1) Not a complete sentence
2) You actually were the first to make a claim, so for you to pull out this argument is hypocritical and disingenuous.

We are all just guests on their website. We are "everyone else". Thinking otherwise leads to false empowerment.

Your interpretation Is based off a presumption of the site that gives Juggle any and all say on the site's handling.

That's exactly what comes with ownership. Juggle is held accountable to US law, other than that, they can do as they please with this website.

You are failing to take into consideration that while Juggle have a presumed monopoly on decision making, they are not immune to suggestions and recommendations from the appointed and elected administrators of the site.

They can "immunize" themselves if they like. They don't have to listen to you if they don't want to. They don't have to hold elections.

All power is influence and nothing more.

Power is power. Influence is influence. Don't confuse the two.

If Juggle were the government who have monopoly on decision making, then the Administrators would be the civil service

The administrators are Juggle.

and the DDO Elite would be the media

Juggle is the "DDO Elite" to the extent there is such a thing.

or official opposition without any governing power but who try to be as vocal as they can.

You can oppose Juggle as much as you like. Your only option is to leave if you don't get what you want. Or, you can try to attack Juggle's operations, in which case you'd make an enemy of the US government, too.

Everyone else would be the mass public going about there daily business while the Establishment consisting of three branches Government, Administrators and the Elite play politics.

The "Establishment" is Juggle.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?