Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

I'm just going to state publicly

Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:04:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is a public statement from me to everyone that has taken apart of this from both sides of this campaign

There is a vast amount of people that I have lost respect for on this site. I will stand by and do whatever I can to work with those people regardless of the outcome but this election is literally getting past the point of what is logical

Not only have I been personally attacked by some of the most prominent members on the site, have been called names, jumped on, personally beat down by half of the other campaign team. I'm now getting copy and paste messages from people that voted for me, where the are being hassled to the point they are about to deactivate because they voted for me.

I love this site and I want to win, and I understand that people that support blade want to win.

But everyone needs to take a chill pill and stop harassing members to the point they are considering deactivation. This is just mind blowing to me coming from the people that is actually doing this. I never thought I would see members that have been a corner stone on the site to go this far for a win, or take it to the level this has gone in the past day.

This entire thing makes me regret running and the people that are doing this (you know who you are)

You should be ashamed of yourself, not only harassing me (i'm fine with it because i've learned to deal with it) but harassing new members off the site.

The very thing you are advocating for is being tarnished by your own actions in this past day

This goes for both sides, but im utterly depressed at the behavior that has been shown in this election
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:13:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
That explains a lot of the random vote changes, I've seen.

I got a message as well interrogating me if I wasn't such a vocal supporter, I'm sure there would've been more PMs
Linkish1O2
Posts: 2,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:13:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:04:53 PM, Mikal wrote:
This is a public statement from me to everyone that has taken apart of this from both sides of this campaign

There is a vast amount of people that I have lost respect for on this site. I will stand by and do whatever I can to work with those people regardless of the outcome but this election is literally getting past the point of what is logical

Not only have I been personally attacked by some of the most prominent members on the site, have been called names, jumped on, personally beat down by half of the other campaign team. I'm now getting copy and paste messages from people that voted for me, where the are being hassled to the point they are about to deactivate because they voted for me.

I love this site and I want to win, and I understand that people that support blade want to win.

But everyone needs to take a chill pill and stop harassing members to the point they are considering deactivation. This is just mind blowing to me coming from the people that is actually doing this. I never thought I would see members that have been a corner stone on the site to go this far for a win, or take it to the level this has gone in the past day.

This entire thing makes me regret running and the people that are doing this (you know who you are)

You should be ashamed of yourself, not only harassing me (i'm fine with it because i've learned to deal with it) but harassing new members off the site.

The very thing you are advocating for is being tarnished by your own actions in this past day

This goes for both sides, but im utterly depressed at the behavior that has been shown in this election

^^^
See this is what I'm talking about.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:15:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:13:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
That explains a lot of the random vote changes, I've seen.


I got a message as well interrogating me if I wasn't such a vocal supporter, I'm sure there would've been more PMs

I've been spared...for now... O.o
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:15:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:15:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:13:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
That explains a lot of the random vote changes, I've seen.


I got a message as well interrogating me if I wasn't such a vocal supporter, I'm sure there would've been more PMs

I've been spared...for now... O.o

I hope it stays that way
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:16:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:15:05 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:13:21 PM, Wylted wrote:
That explains a lot of the random vote changes, I've seen.


I got a message as well interrogating me if I wasn't such a vocal supporter, I'm sure there would've been more PMs

I've been spared...for now... O.o

Same here.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:16:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
They must like me because they haven't said anything to me. But also, I haven't really said sh!t about the election in public, so I am probably not a vote they want.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:24:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:21:40 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I haven't been approached period. Weird.

People are going to throw this up to a political ploy, but I know of at least 1 member that deactivated just to get away from all this , over 3 that have been harassed. I know of one that my side harassed, and on top of that there was another guy literally wanting to leave the site

This election has become absurd from members on both sides
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:27:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:24:38 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:21:40 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I haven't been approached period. Weird.

People are going to throw this up to a political ploy, but I know of at least 1 member that deactivated just to get away from all this , over 3 that have been harassed. I know of one that my side harassed, and on top of that there was another guy literally wanting to leave the site

This election has become absurd from members on both sides
Hmm... there's strategy to this. If the strongest votes on your side are changed, the votes that may swing with those people will change as well. Nice planning on their part. It's sloppy execution, though.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,098
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:28:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Both sides were very eager to get voters on their side. After I made that thread saying that I dislike threads about who someone is voting for, Cermank and Mikal messaged me within 5 minutes of each other...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:30:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:21:40 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I haven't been approached period. Weird.

Good
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 9:54:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:21:40 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I haven't been approached period. Weird.

I've only been approached four times, all by the same side. It seems to me like there's virtually no coordination going on, just people on both sides PMing random people.
SebUK
Posts: 850
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 2:48:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:04:53 PM, Mikal wrote:
This is a public statement from me to everyone that has taken apart of this from both sides of this campaign

There is a vast amount of people that I have lost respect for on this site. I will stand by and do whatever I can to work with those people regardless of the outcome but this election is literally getting past the point of what is logical

Not only have I been personally attacked by some of the most prominent members on the site, have been called names, jumped on, personally beat down by half of the other campaign team. I'm now getting copy and paste messages from people that voted for me, where the are being hassled to the point they are about to deactivate because they voted for me.

I love this site and I want to win, and I understand that people that support blade want to win.

But everyone needs to take a chill pill and stop harassing members to the point they are considering deactivation. This is just mind blowing to me coming from the people that is actually doing this. I never thought I would see members that have been a corner stone on the site to go this far for a win, or take it to the level this has gone in the past day.

This entire thing makes me regret running and the people that are doing this (you know who you are)

You should be ashamed of yourself, not only harassing me (i'm fine with it because i've learned to deal with it) but harassing new members off the site.

The very thing you are advocating for is being tarnished by your own actions in this past day

This goes for both sides, but im utterly depressed at the behavior that has been shown in this election

At least , the election is over soon.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
BblackkBbirdd
Posts: 919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 2:59:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:04:53 PM, Mikal wrote:
This is a public statement from me to everyone that has taken apart of this from both sides of this campaign

There is a vast amount of people that I have lost respect for on this site. I will stand by and do whatever I can to work with those people regardless of the outcome but this election is literally getting past the point of what is logical

Not only have I been personally attacked by some of the most prominent members on the site, have been called names, jumped on, personally beat down by half of the other campaign team. I'm now getting copy and paste messages from people that voted for me, where the are being hassled to the point they are about to deactivate because they voted for me.

I love this site and I want to win, and I understand that people that support blade want to win.

But everyone needs to take a chill pill and stop harassing members to the point they are considering deactivation. This is just mind blowing to me coming from the people that is actually doing this. I never thought I would see members that have been a corner stone on the site to go this far for a win, or take it to the level this has gone in the past day.

This entire thing makes me regret running and the people that are doing this (you know who you are)

You should be ashamed of yourself, not only harassing me (i'm fine with it because i've learned to deal with it) but harassing new members off the site.

The very thing you are advocating for is being tarnished by your own actions in this past day

This goes for both sides, but im utterly depressed at the behavior that has been shown in this election

People keep asking me to spam people (yeah, no), people are taking this waayy to seriously
(wow this is a bad sentence, so much repetition, meh)
*Comforting hug*
kawaii_crazy
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 3:09:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This election was insane. I was here last December and that election was so quiet, I didn't even know there was one. I'm so happy this one is almost over. Seriously though, the minute I came back onto DDO on the 9th, the first four PMS I got were from eager campaigners. Honestly, I'm kinda glad my vote didn't count in the end. I'm so sorry Mikal for being so rude, but then again, some of your campaigners were very rude as well. I hope no other DDO election is ever like this one again.
"Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often." -Ashley Purdy

Please help raise money for a Christmas gift for airmax (although he is Jewish, as YYW pointed out). He is in desperate need of a new laptop, and he has done so much for this site; he certainly deserves one. :)
http://www.debate.org...
Unitomic
Posts: 591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 3:35:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
perhaps we should be rational people and do a closed poll system where only the voter and the mods know our vote.
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 3:40:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 3:35:35 PM, Unitomic wrote:
perhaps we should be rational people and do a closed poll system where only the voter and the mods know our vote.

I had a similar yet better a solution.

http://www.debate.org...
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
kawaii_crazy
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:02:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 3:35:35 PM, Unitomic wrote:
perhaps we should be rational people and do a closed poll system where only the voter and the mods know our vote.

Before the elections, I actually thought this was how they would be done. I flipped when Mikal told me voting was done in a forum. Why make everyone's votes public? How unproffesional.
"Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often." -Ashley Purdy

Please help raise money for a Christmas gift for airmax (although he is Jewish, as YYW pointed out). He is in desperate need of a new laptop, and he has done so much for this site; he certainly deserves one. :)
http://www.debate.org...
Unitomic
Posts: 591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:06:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 4:02:27 PM, kawaii_crazy wrote:
At 12/14/2014 3:35:35 PM, Unitomic wrote:
perhaps we should be rational people and do a closed poll system where only the voter and the mods know our vote.

Before the elections, I actually thought this was how they would be done. I flipped when Mikal told me voting was done in a forum. Why make everyone's votes public? How unproffesional.

agreed. All the harrassment going on proves that open polls is horrible. Absolutely horrible.
kawaii_crazy
Posts: 580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:40:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 4:36:46 PM, Geographia wrote:
lol Y'all are noobs. I like being unpopular. I don't get PMs or hassled.

How ironic, for many of the campaigners have made sure to specifically target noobs. Youre just one of the lucky ones.
"Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often." -Ashley Purdy

Please help raise money for a Christmas gift for airmax (although he is Jewish, as YYW pointed out). He is in desperate need of a new laptop, and he has done so much for this site; he certainly deserves one. :)
http://www.debate.org...
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:48:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Oh I'm sorry for you Mikal, you seem like a cool guy :) Congrats for winning. Plus see it for its good side, all the drama means this forum is indeed very alive!