Jump to topic:

Primitive Voting & Voter Intimidation

DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:19:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This election is down and dirty to put it kindly. Then on top of that we have a primitive voting style taking place during the elections. We have people pulling votes and other nonsense for everyone to see. Why?

Why does anyone need to know how I voted except the people who count the votes? This site is encouraging voter intimidation by allowing votes to be shown in public. There needs to be some serious reform in terms of voting. In the real world, no one knows who I cast a ballot for. Yet here, everyone is supposed to know who they voted for, why?

A committee needs to be formed with representatives from each candidate along with moderators who count the ballots secretly and fairly. Voter intimidation is revolting to say the least.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:30:53 PM
If someone is sending you threatening message, please contact the moderator and/or report their messages.

Also don't be shy about just telling the people contacting you that you've made up your mind and do not wish to be contacted. Most if not all people will respect that.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 10:40:15 PM
At 12/13/2014 10:30:53 PM, Raisor wrote:
If someone is sending you threatening message, please contact the moderator and/or report their messages.

Also don't be shy about just telling the people contacting you that you've made up your mind and do not wish to be contacted. Most if not all people will respect that.

I have told them and it got annoying after several times I was PMed about it. There are a number of people doing it just telling one doesn't stop the others.
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:13:02 PM
At 12/13/2014 10:40:15 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

I have told them and it got annoying after several times I was PMed about it. There are a number of people doing it just telling one doesn't stop the others.

your idea is great by the way, about how the votes should be conducted
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:21:54 PM
At 12/13/2014 10:19:21 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
This election is down and dirty to put it kindly. Then on top of that we have a primitive voting style taking place during the elections. We have people pulling votes and other nonsense for everyone to see. Why?

Why does anyone need to know how I voted except the people who count the votes? This site is encouraging voter intimidation by allowing votes to be shown in public. There needs to be some serious reform in terms of voting. In the real world, no one knows who I cast a ballot for. Yet here, everyone is supposed to know who they voted for, why?

This is not true.
I am pretty sure union votes are public, so are juries.
I think the idea of an open forum is twofold:
1. It ensures there are indeed voters and things are not made up
2. It it a public record showing the support of the site for a president, since his job is to represent the people to Juggle (I think). An open poll shows this.

A committee needs to be formed with representatives from each candidate along with moderators who count the ballots secretly and fairly. Voter intimidation is revolting to say the least.

You assume that this will stop if they do not know your vote. These same people could be hounding you regardless.
My work here is, finally, done.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:30:59 PM
At 12/13/2014 11:21:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

This is not true.
This would be the point of a committee represented by the moderators along with parties from both sides.
2. It it a public record showing the support of the site for a president, since his job is to represent the people to Juggle (I think). An open poll shows this.
Yes, it is also a hit list for malevolent people who will votebomb people who voted a different way. Do you honestly think someone is not paying attention to who is voting for who? There will be retribution, they just won't say it.

You assume that this will stop if they do not know your vote. These same people could be hounding you regardless.
No, I didn't say that. Messages sent to me is a different matter altogether to why I posted this. I didn't have complaints about it. I just stated the minor annoyances when someone mentioned it. Otherwise, no one would of known.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:31:30 PM
At 12/13/2014 11:13:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/13/2014 10:40:15 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

your idea is great by the way, about how the votes should be conducted

I just hope someone of importance takes the idea into serious consideration for the elections next time around.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:33:27 PM
At 12/13/2014 11:30:59 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:21:54 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

This is not true.
This would be the point of a committee represented by the moderators along with parties from both sides.
It doesn't mean there is some DDO Elite making things up.
This works for the general user to see the validity of the election.
Yes, it is also a hit list for malevolent people who will votebomb people who voted a different way. Do you honestly think someone is not paying attention to who is voting for who? There will be retribution, they just won't say it.

The president is a liaison between the mods and Juggle. What retribution can there be?
My work here is, finally, done.
DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:33:52 PM

A user added me as a friend just to question the reason I voted for Mikal. Would you (and anyone else) consider that as harassment?
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:35:18 PM
At 12/13/2014 11:33:52 PM, DarthKirones wrote:

A user added me as a friend just to question the reason I voted for Mikal. Would you (and anyone else) consider that as harassment?
I am not taking any tallies about harassment. I have mentioned nothing about harassment either. That is none of my business. I would recommend a mod or a rep from one of the two campaigns.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 11:42:39 PM
At 12/13/2014 11:33:27 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
There is clearly a reason why the Australian ballot exists. There are many problems associated with open balloting compared to secret balloting.
The president is a liaison between the mods and Juggle. What retribution can there be?
You are a nice guy if you can't figure out any sort of retribution, that is good. However, I am not a nice guy, I am a 4chan and 8chan vet. There is a lot of retribution that one can do. I can use a quick five:

#1 Votebombing(Openly or Indirectly)
#2 Trolling someone until someone intervenes
#3 Hacking their account and posting as them.
#4 Trojans via PM
#5 Doxxing(Of course, you wouldn't doxx their address on this site, there are other places to do that)

I can go on with many more.
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 12:28:19 AM
At 12/13/2014 11:33:52 PM, DarthKirones wrote:

not exactly. Perhaps they are generally interested. If it starts getting aggressive or offensive or just in general if you feel after awhile that their intent in messaging you is negative.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 1:12:32 AM
At 12/13/2014 11:42:39 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
There is clearly a reason why the Australian ballot exists. There are many problems associated with open balloting compared to secret balloting.
You are a nice guy if you can't figure out any sort of retribution, that is good. However, I am not a nice guy, I am a 4chan and 8chan vet. There is a lot of retribution that one can do. I can use a quick five:

#4 Trojans via PM
#5 Doxxing(Of course, you wouldn't doxx their address on this site, there are other places to do that)

I'm a girl btw.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 2:15:40 AM
At 12/14/2014 1:12:32 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/13/2014 11:42:39 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

#4 Trojans via PM

I'm a girl btw.

You might want to fix the gender on your profile, then :D
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 6:50:50 AM

I'm a girl btw.

..............See Rules #28 and #30.

http://fc02.deviantart.net...

Now see Rules #25 and #26.

http://media.tumblr.com...
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 3:52:03 PM
At 12/14/2014 6:50:50 AM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

I'm a girl btw.

Day 1: How cute puppy dog eye are.
Day 3: And thus I show how the Nazis raped Europe.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:51:48 PM
At 12/14/2014 6:50:50 AM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

I'm a girl btw.

And being such a hacker you couldn't make the image a bit larger so oldies like me could read it properly? Oh the irony.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:58:30 PM
At 12/14/2014 4:51:48 PM, Otokage wrote:

And being such a hacker you couldn't make the image a bit larger so oldies like me could read it properly? Oh the irony.

http://knowyourmeme.com...
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:59:34 PM
At 12/14/2014 4:58:30 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 12/14/2014 4:51:48 PM, Otokage wrote:

http://knowyourmeme.com...

haha nice, thank you :)