1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 5:38:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I. Requirements to vote:

Forum posts

To vote, a member must have 500 or more posts by election day.

Or

Debate count

A member must either: complete 6 debates without forfeit on either side, 13 debates without the voter in question forfeiting, or 20 debates without regard to forfeits. A member cannot help whether the other side forfeits, and thus should have more routes to eligibility.

Or

Polls/opinions count

The polls and opinions sections are still parts of the site. So, we should include people who predominately use these parts of the section.

To qualify, these members can have to qualify:

600 poll votes
75 poll topics
500 poll votes/40 poll topics
120 opinion arguments
40 opinion topics
70 opinion arguments/20 opinion topics

II. Ineligibility rendering events:

They are the multi of a formerly banned account.

If they've had a former account closed by a mod for behavioral reasons, they should not be allowed to have the same rights to vote as someone who has conducted themselves well enough to...not get banned...

They predominately use edeb8

Obvious one here: think of it as "citizenship."

They are an "old" member and has not been active in the past 8 months

This decision would be at the discretion of the person/people in charge of counting votes.

The member must not have been deactivated for a substantial amount of time and have come back to the site within 2 weeks of the election.

Members need to show that they are dedicated to the site, and if members come back purely to say they won't vote, vote, say that everyone on DDO is a drama queen, and then commit "DDO suicide," they should not be allowed to vote.

The account must be more than one month old

This would be to make sure that the account isn't a multi to affect voting

They are running for the office of President, VP, or CoS
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 5:44:56 PM
At 12/14/2014 5:38:50 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I. Requirements to vote:

Forum posts

Or

Debate count

A member must either: complete 6 debates without forfeit on either side, 13 debates without the voter in question forfeiting, or 20 debates without regard to forfeits. A member cannot help whether the other side forfeits, and thus should have more routes to eligibility.

Or

Polls/opinions count

The polls and opinions sections are still parts of the site. So, we should include people who predominately use these parts of the section.

600 poll votes
75 poll topics
120 opinion arguments
40 opinion topics

If they've had a former account closed by a mod for behavioral reasons, they should not be allowed to have the same rights to vote as someone who has conducted themselves well enough to...not get banned...

This decision would be at the discretion of the person/people in charge of counting votes.

The member must not have been deactivated for a substantial amount of time and have come back to the site within 2 weeks of the election.

Members need to show that they are dedicated to the site, and if members come back purely to say they won't vote, vote, say that everyone on DDO is a drama queen, and then commit "DDO suicide," they should not be allowed to vote.

So if I wanted to run for president, I can get two more votes by choosing not to have a VP or COS?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 5:47:01 PM
At 12/14/2014 5:44:56 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I. Requirements to vote:

Forum posts

Or

Debate count

Or

Polls/opinions count

600 poll votes
75 poll topics
120 opinion arguments
40 opinion topics

So if I wanted to run for president, I can get two more votes by choosing not to have a VP or COS?

Make it a requirement to have a VP and CoS, then.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 6:04:57 PM
At 12/14/2014 5:47:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I. Requirements to vote:

Forum posts

Or

Debate count

Or

Polls/opinions count

600 poll votes
75 poll topics
120 opinion arguments
40 opinion topics

lol, or just recognize that each side's votes for themselves cancel each other out, so the status quo is the same as banning them from voting. No one can gain a lead from self-voting.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 6:05:02 PM
At 12/14/2014 6:00:28 PM, Romanii wrote:
I think the numbers need some tweaking, but otherwise it looks pretty good.

What would your suggestions be?

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 6:06:29 PM
At 12/14/2014 6:04:57 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/14/2014 5:47:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I. Requirements to vote:

Forum posts

Or

Debate count

Or

Polls/opinions count

600 poll votes
75 poll topics
120 opinion arguments
40 opinion topics

lol, or just recognize that each side's votes for themselves cancel each other out, so the status quo is the same as banning them from voting. No one can gain a lead from self-voting.

Yeah, I guess so.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King