Moderator Update

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:30:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey DDO!

It's been an eventful week, so I think it's time that I post this thread to address some of the things going on.

The election concluded today, and over 150 members voted to select which member would be the next DDO President. I would like to congratulate Mikal on being elected as the next DDO Membership President. Mikal is clearly passionate about the site and we've all been lucky to get to know him in the time he has been here. I know helping DDO means a lot to him, and that he will do everything he can to benefit the site. Mikal and I have been good friends and have talked regularly for awhile now, so I look forward to working with him in a more formal manner.

With the above said, I would like to address the moderation related things in Mikal's platform.

The conduct policy:

From reading Mikals posts/threads, listening to his Q&A video, and talking to him privately, it has become clear to me that Mikal's campaign position on the conduct policy was in fact advocating for the status quo. While Mikal was stating in his campaign that I contact everyone for every time (or the first time) they might post a minor insult (like calling someone an idiot or a moron), this is not the case. I contact members who have done it several times, or who do it habitually. Members who are on my radar for such conduct likely will get a message from me for even a minor thing, but that is due to the fact that they are habitual offenders.

I would like to remind everyone that personal attacks are not appropriate, and are not allowed on this website. It is possible that I have been lax on enforcing some of this of late, but I am making it absolutely clear, right now, that it wont be tolerated. This will be enforced to include everyone on the site, from a member who has been here for 5 minutes, to a Debate,org moderator and everyone in between.

There are certainly cases where I have been lax on enforcement of this, but I have taken steps that will allow a greater focus to prevent it from continuing to happen. As far as I am concerned, every current member right now has a clean slate, avoid personal attacks or other conduct violations and you wont have to hear from me. I want to make absolutely clear that I do not care who you are, if you are a very close friend of mine, or even an assistant moderator, if you continually post personal attacks, you will be removed from this website.

Trials:

Since trials are something that needs my direct approval, I think it's best I quickly touch on this. Bladerunner and I have talked about this at length, as have Bluesteel and I. I believe both of them have a good idea of what will and wont work, and in combination with discussions that are held in the forums I believe there are ways that I am comfortable with to reinstate some type of trial system. I look forward to watching the discussion and will continue to work with the appropriate parties to finalize a plan that is appropriate and practical.

New Moderator:

Bladerunner is someone that I believe almost everyone can agree is a mature and responsible member of the site. I have known him, and been good friends with him for awhile now, and have always known him to be thoughtful and professional. I have actually been planning on making Bladerunner a moderator for awhile now, but when he decided to run for DDO President 6 months ago, I had to put that on hold (those positions are necessarily separated). Now that Bladerunner is no longer the DDO Membership President, I am appointing him as assistant moderator. It will probably take a week or so until I finalize his admin credentials with Juggle, but even in the meantime, he has all the authority granted to an assistant moderator.

I would like to remind everyone that as the sites senior moderator, that the buck stops with me with regards to moderation issues. I know there are several problems that need to be addressed, and I am working on those things. Bladerunner is well aware that everything he does reflects on the site and on me, and he will continue to act in the mature and professional way that we all know him for.

New Sticky:

As some of you may have noticed, there is a new sticky in this forum that consolidates a lot of the information that was formally present. This is a continuing work in progress in the hopes of providing an easy to use place for information for new members. There are several things which will be edited in the near future, as well as place holder posts to be used for whatever we determine is the most useful content.

Included in this thread (in post 2) is a list for the "community outreach program". This program is essentially designed to be a list of willing members that new members can contact to ask for help with anything they need. The program will certainly expand to include other necessary things that I'm sure I will work on with Mikal and anyone willing.

Several members have already contacted me, asking me to be a part of this program, the only requirement is that you be a knowledgeable and responsible member and that you do not have your PMs blocked. So if you are interested, feel free to contact me or the DDO President.

So that's the sticky, feel free to offer your thoughts in the discussion thread dedicated to it.

I'm sure they are some things that I've missed that I'll need to address at some point in the near future, and I will do so when I have the chance.

In the meantime, I'd once again like to congratulate Mikal for his victory here today.
Debate.org Moderator
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:34:36 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:30:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Hey DDO!

It's been an eventful week, so I think it's time that I post this thread to address some of the things going on.

The election concluded today, and over 150 members voted to select which member would be the next DDO President. I would like to congratulate Mikal on being elected as the next DDO Membership President. Mikal is clearly passionate about the site and we've all been lucky to get to know him in the time he has been here. I know helping DDO means a lot to him, and that he will do everything he can to benefit the site. Mikal and I have been good friends and have talked regularly for awhile now, so I look forward to working with him in a more formal manner.

With the above said, I would like to address the moderation related things in Mikal's platform.

The conduct policy:

From reading Mikals posts/threads, listening to his Q&A video, and talking to him privately, it has become clear to me that Mikal's campaign position on the conduct policy was in fact advocating for the status quo. While Mikal was stating in his campaign that I contact everyone for every time (or the first time) they might post a minor insult (like calling someone an idiot or a moron), this is not the case. I contact members who have done it several times, or who do it habitually. Members who are on my radar for such conduct likely will get a message from me for even a minor thing, but that is due to the fact that they are habitual offenders.

I would like to remind everyone that personal attacks are not appropriate, and are not allowed on this website. It is possible that I have been lax on enforcing some of this of late, but I am making it absolutely clear, right now, that it wont be tolerated. This will be enforced to include everyone on the site, from a member who has been here for 5 minutes, to a Debate,org moderator and everyone in between.

There are certainly cases where I have been lax on enforcement of this, but I have taken steps that will allow a greater focus to prevent it from continuing to happen. As far as I am concerned, every current member right now has a clean slate, avoid personal attacks or other conduct violations and you wont have to hear from me. I want to make absolutely clear that I do not care who you are, if you are a very close friend of mine, or even an assistant moderator, if you continually post personal attacks, you will be removed from this website.

Trials:

Since trials are something that needs my direct approval, I think it's best I quickly touch on this. Bladerunner and I have talked about this at length, as have Bluesteel and I. I believe both of them have a good idea of what will and wont work, and in combination with discussions that are held in the forums I believe there are ways that I am comfortable with to reinstate some type of trial system. I look forward to watching the discussion and will continue to work with the appropriate parties to finalize a plan that is appropriate and practical.

New Moderator:

Bladerunner is someone that I believe almost everyone can agree is a mature and responsible member of the site. I have known him, and been good friends with him for awhile now, and have always known him to be thoughtful and professional. I have actually been planning on making Bladerunner a moderator for awhile now, but when he decided to run for DDO President 6 months ago, I had to put that on hold (those positions are necessarily separated). Now that Bladerunner is no longer the DDO Membership President, I am appointing him as assistant moderator. It will probably take a week or so until I finalize his admin credentials with Juggle, but even in the meantime, he has all the authority granted to an assistant moderator.

I would like to remind everyone that as the sites senior moderator, that the buck stops with me with regards to moderation issues. I know there are several problems that need to be addressed, and I am working on those things. Bladerunner is well aware that everything he does reflects on the site and on me, and he will continue to act in the mature and professional way that we all know him for.

New Sticky:

As some of you may have noticed, there is a new sticky in this forum that consolidates a lot of the information that was formally present. This is a continuing work in progress in the hopes of providing an easy to use place for information for new members. There are several things which will be edited in the near future, as well as place holder posts to be used for whatever we determine is the most useful content.

Included in this thread (in post 2) is a list for the "community outreach program". This program is essentially designed to be a list of willing members that new members can contact to ask for help with anything they need. The program will certainly expand to include other necessary things that I'm sure I will work on with Mikal and anyone willing.

Several members have already contacted me, asking me to be a part of this program, the only requirement is that you be a knowledgeable and responsible member and that you do not have your PMs blocked. So if you are interested, feel free to contact me or the DDO President.

So that's the sticky, feel free to offer your thoughts in the discussion thread dedicated to it.

I'm sure they are some things that I've missed that I'll need to address at some point in the near future, and I will do so when I have the chance.

In the meantime, I'd once again like to congratulate Mikal for his victory here today.

He is a great choice for moderator. I'd just like to say... #called it. Congrats Bladerunner :)
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:34:57 PM
Congrats (or, perhaps, my condolences) to Blade on his becoming moderator. I could not think of a more worthy user.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:35:33 PM
Congrats to Blade.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:35:58 PM
What would have happened if Blade was President elect?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:36:17 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:35:33 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Congrats to Blade.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:36:19 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:34:57 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Congrats (or, perhaps, my condolences) to Blade on his becoming moderator. I could not think of a more worthy user.

Indeed... as the new mod let's give him a moment of silence... may god have mercy on his soul
Debate.org Moderator
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:37:44 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:36:19 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Indeed... as the new mod let's give him a moment of silence... may god have mercy on his soul

Rofl
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:37:57 PM
Ironically, he has now got a higher position than Mikal!
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:38:32 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:35:58 PM, lannan13 wrote:
What would have happened if Blade was President elect?

I would have chosen someone else. Though Bladerunner would eventually become a moderator eventually anyway, since he's clearly qualified.
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:38:54 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:30:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Hey DDO!

The conduct policy:

Trials:

New Moderator:

New Sticky:

+1
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:39:06 PM

Agreed, lol ;)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:40:12 PM

Relax, I'll be good
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:46:35 PM
Perfect ending to the chaos airmax is now the mod on both his accounts .. Jk lol but for real Eddie has real power now which is where he shud have been a long time ago congrats squared
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:49:37 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:37:57 PM, Mirza wrote:
Ironically, he has now got a higher position than Mikal!

That. Is. Hilarious. I never expected it.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:53:40 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:46:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
Perfect ending to the chaos airmax is now the mod on both his accounts .. Jk lol but for real Eddie has real power now which is where he shud have been a long time ago congrats squared

haha I really was going to post at the end of the thread: "INB4 Max's multi is new mod" - but I thought better of it :P
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:56:30 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:53:40 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

haha I really was going to post at the end of the thread: "INB4 Max's multi is new mod" - but I thought better of it :P

You have to consolidate power somehow.... I can think of no better way than by making your multi/alter ego a mod. That way, when you get tired of yelling at the kids to get off your lawn from one account, you can do it from the other!

roflmao
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:56:40 PM

Airmax was actually a Puck alt all along. GG. You've rused us all.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:58:03 PM

Inb4 conspiracy theory comes back lol

Im extatic for how this ended. Had a smile on my face

I dub thee multi mod max
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:59:53 PM
At 12/14/2014 8:56:40 PM, headphonegut wrote:

Airmax was actually a Puck alt all along. GG. You've rused us all.

Thank you. I can now return to my home planet in peace.

It's been a pleasure.
Debate.org Moderator
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 9:15:41 PM
Max you selfisih tyrant! You chose to give yourself more power. smh :P
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 9:21:28 PM
At 12/14/2014 9:15:41 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Max you selfisih tyrant! You chose to give yourself more power. smh :P

This is his way of reminding us all that this isn't a democracy, but actually a dictatorship ruled by the DDO elite, which consists of Airmax and Airmax's various alter-egos.