Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

A Definitive Solution to Election Problems.

n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:12:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have meditated over the last day on how to solve election drama and general problems that have occurred and may occur in the future. I have brought this up to many people over PMs and they believe it could be a viable solution. I think this is the natural Hegelian dialectic of things. I have formed a synthesis to fix everything. It is based on past data gathered from civilizations past.

Voting
We forget voting. Yes that's right. We forget all about voting for a candidate all together. We instead undergo a proving to figure out which one of the divines favor which candidate.

The Solution

A month before the election Juggle will pay to have both candidates and their heavy supporters fly out to a place in the wilderness for each to stay. Each candidate will train their supporters in hand to hand combat, sword to sword combat, and knife fighting. They may bring in trainers of their own or train people on their own. Then on the day of the election, each team will enter the Proving arena (area for fighting that Juggle will build) and they will fight to the death. The surviving candidate will be crowned president of DDO.

Why this will work

1. There will be no drama, as the defeated team will either be dead or so ashamed that they will not speak.
2. It will filter out troll candidates. A troll is not willing to under go a proving and if they do they will absolutely die.
3. It's probably how past civilizations did it. Or not. I didn't actually do any research, but it seems something our ancestors would have done right? It can't be all that bad.
4. It would be revolutionary, as no internet civilization has done this. It will bring attention and money to Juggle which will bring fame and fortune to DDO and it's president.
5. It's a hell of a lot entertaining than the standard democratic processes. Which is like Athens' democracy because there are restrictions on DDO's presidential voting.

Any better than our current system guys????
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:25:28 PM
lol... up until I read the second sentence, I actually thought you had come up with an ingenious new solution to all election problems XD
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:32:01 PM
At 12/14/2014 11:12:46 PM, n7 wrote:
I have meditated over the last day on how to solve election drama and general problems that have occurred and may occur in the future. I have brought this up to many people over PMs and they believe it could be a viable solution. I think this is the natural Hegelian dialectic of things. I have formed a synthesis to fix everything. It is based on past data gathered from civilizations past.

Voting
We forget voting. Yes that's right. We forget all about voting for a candidate all together. We instead undergo a proving to figure out which one of the divines favor which candidate.

The Solution

A month before the election Juggle will pay to have both candidates and their heavy supporters fly out to a place in the wilderness for each to stay. Each candidate will train their supporters in hand to hand combat, sword to sword combat, and knife fighting. They may bring in trainers of their own or train people on their own. Then on the day of the election, each team will enter the Proving arena (area for fighting that Juggle will build) and they will fight to the death. The surviving candidate will be crowned president of DDO.

/in

Why this will work

1. There will be no drama, as the defeated team will either be dead or so ashamed that they will not speak.
2. It will filter out troll candidates. A troll is not willing to under go a proving and if they do they will absolutely die.
3. It's probably how past civilizations did it. Or not. I didn't actually do any research, but it seems something our ancestors would have done right? It can't be all that bad.
4. It would be revolutionary, as no internet civilization has done this. It will bring attention and money to Juggle which will bring fame and fortune to DDO and it's president.
5. It's a hell of a lot entertaining than the standard democratic processes. Which is like Athens' democracy because there are restrictions on DDO's presidential voting.

Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:46:51 PM
At 12/14/2014 11:32:01 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Voting

The Solution

/in

wanna hydra bae <3

Why this will work

Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:42:30 AM
At 12/14/2014 11:25:28 PM, Romanii wrote:
lol... up until I read the second sentence, I actually thought you had come up with an ingenious new solution to all election problems XD
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:29:15 AM
At 12/14/2014 11:46:51 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 12/14/2014 11:32:01 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Voting

The Solution

/in

wanna hydra bae <3

You are the Katniss to my Peeta.

Why this will work

Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...