Jump to topic:

Thank you, Goodbye, and Hello

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:39:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I just wanted to thank DDO for letting me be your president for the last 6 months.

I wanted to say thank you to the folks who supported my re-election campaign, and specifically to say thanks to bsh1, Thett, Cermank, and Mirza, who were invaluable help and willing to be part of my administration. But they're not the only ones who helped, and I thank every single person who messaged me, reached out to us, or helped us in our bid. I'd try to list everybody, but I fear it would just wind up being drama-y and that I'd probably screw up and leave someone out. So, to everyone who helped, thank you.

The loss tonight was not anyone's fault but my own, and I'm sorry to all of my supporters for it, particularly of course to Cermank and Thett.

As a final note on the election, I will say this: I wish I could be happier about it. In the end, what's most important is that the community get the representative that they want. Unfortunately, I am upset at elements of the COURSE of the election, far more than I ever would be by the OUTCOME. Obviously, I wanted to win--who doesn't want to win when winning is an option? But winning is not all important, and losing is not the greatest of tragedies. I am very unhappy with certain people's behavior. I will drop it there; I felt I needed to say it.

So goodbye, DDO. Thank you for letting me be your president.

And now: Hello DDO! Thanks to airmax for his confidence in me, to choose me as his new assistant mod. I hope I do a good job!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:41:49 PM
The loss tonight was not anyone's fault but my own, and I'm sorry to all of my supporters for it, particularly of course to Cermank and Thett.

The loss is not really your fault or any other person's fault. It's just how democracy works.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:44:26 PM
You did great as president, bladerunner.
And I'm sure you'll do even better as a mod.
Thank YOU, goodbye, and hello! :D
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:59:25 PM
At 12/14/2014 11:51:51 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Ban mikal.

Will I still get to be VP?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:00:58 AM
At 12/14/2014 11:59:25 PM, imabench wrote:
At 12/14/2014 11:51:51 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Ban mikal.

Will I still get to be VP?

If Mikal got banned, you'd be Prez
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:02:11 AM
At 12/14/2014 11:39:06 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
I just wanted to thank DDO for letting me be your president for the last 6 months.

I wanted to say thank you to the folks who supported my re-election campaign, and specifically to say thanks to bsh1, Thett, Cermank, and Mirza, who were invaluable help and willing to be part of my administration. But they're not the only ones who helped, and I thank every single person who messaged me, reached out to us, or helped us in our bid. I'd try to list everybody, but I fear it would just wind up being drama-y and that I'd probably screw up and leave someone out. So, to everyone who helped, thank you.

As a final note on the election, I will say this: I wish I could be happier about it. In the end, what's most important is that the community get the representative that they want. Unfortunately, I am upset at elements of the COURSE of the election, far more than I ever would be by the OUTCOME. Obviously, I wanted to win--who doesn't want to win when winning is an option? But winning is not all important, and losing is not the greatest of tragedies. I am very unhappy with certain people's behavior. I will drop it there; I felt I needed to say it.

And now: Hello DDO! Thanks to airmax for his confidence in me, to choose me as his new assistant mod. I hope I do a good job!

Your signature makes me think of Dwight from the office lol
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:03:35 AM
At 12/15/2014 12:02:11 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Ooh do you want to start calling him "Assistant to the Moderator"?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:10:33 AM
At 12/15/2014 12:03:35 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/15/2014 12:02:11 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Ooh do you want to start calling him "Assistant to the Moderator"?

lol yes
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:10:54 AM
At 12/14/2014 11:41:49 PM, Roukezian wrote:

The loss is not really your fault or any other person's fault. It's just how democracy works.

Bladerunner, I have a history of agreeing with you on many perspectives, but this isn't one of them. I don't think it was your fault, as Roukezian observed; I just think many newer voters were attracted to Mikal's personality. I don't think it was a coincidence that older voters--those with a longer history in DDO--voted for you in greater numbers. We've invested energy and time into this site, so it tends to mean a lot more to us than it does newer members, who I believe saw this election primarily as a popularity contest.

However, I do wish Mikal has a great Presidency and I think this will give him an opportunity to grow and to show us what he's made of. He's got some tough shoes to fill, following you and what you've done and attempted to do as President. But I do believe he will try very hard as DDO President.

You've been very graceful in your concession, bladerunner.

I wish Mikal, Imabench, and the rest of his administration well in the months ahead.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:14:44 AM

Congratulations! You will be an excellent mod, and I'm glad you were the one airmax chose. :D Thank you for all your work on our behalf.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:16:24 AM

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:31:13 AM
At 12/15/2014 12:10:54 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

Bladerunner, I have a history of agreeing with you on many perspectives, but this isn't one of them. I don't think it was your fault, as Roukezian observed; I just think many newer voters were attracted to Mikal's personality. I don't think it was a coincidence that older voters--those with a longer history in DDO--voted for you in greater numbers. We've invested energy and time into this site, so it tends to mean a lot more to us than it does newer members, who I believe saw this election primarily as a popularity contest.

However, I do wish Mikal has a great Presidency and I think this will give him an opportunity to grow and to show us what he's made of. He's got some tough shoes to fill, following you and what you've done and attempted to do as President. But I do believe he will try very hard as DDO President.

You've been very graceful in your concession, bladerunner.

I wish Mikal, Imabench, and the rest of his administration well in the months ahead.

^
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:10:03 AM
Congrats on your modship, Blade! Now DDO is dominated by amphibians and dinosaurs.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Haroush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:15:52 AM
When faced with a challenge bigger than you, stare it down and fight to the end. Even as you die, never give in to your rival. In death, there is new life. Prove yourself to be better in their failures and come back with big bang like no other.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:33:40 AM
You were an excellent president, and will continue your excellence as a Moderator.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 10:39:56 AM

Kinda like Hillary Clinton got the consolation Secretary of State position? :D
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 11:39:18 AM
The way the DDO system really works:

Mikal wins and in doing so smears his reputation quite badly (in my opinion) and now gets the honor of whining to Juggle AND to Blade now.

Blade loses... gets the REAL power.

#DDOPolitics

Love it.
Enji
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:36:42 PM
Airmax is showing us all who has the real power on DDO since we didn't elect his favourite candidate president :O