Jump to topic:

Acceptance Speech

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:21:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This has been a monumental election. Bladerunner may not have been elected, but he has been promoted to a position that he deserved ages ago. As I have said throughout this entire thing, I have been perfectly content with whoever won, as I view Eddie not only as one of my great friends on this site but as a distinguished member in general. He has maintained his composure in spite of all this, put his heart into everything he has done, and if anyone is perfect for the position of moderator, it's him. Now he is not just working with the community, he is working as an authority on the site assisting Airmax, which is where he has belonged for quite some time. He deserves this more than anyone, and I am quite sure we can all agree that he will go above and beyond to continue to serve us in any way possible.

For myself, I want to thank everyone that supported me. I firmly believe that we can work together as a community to make DDO a better place in the months to come, this remains even more so true with Blades new position as well.

This has been the biggest and most controversial election in the history of DDO. I'm happy to be moving forward so that we can get to the real work, and focus on making DDO even better.

My inbox is always open, and I'm always willing to hear ideas, listen, or just talk about anything you want. For all practical purposes my role now is to serve you as a community. That is how I intend to approach this term. I want to work with each and every member that is willing to promote site's growth, community growth, and making DDO a better place all around.

With all that being said, I want to start my term by stating my intent to help Airmax with the new sticky thread and continue to develop the community outreach program. I think this is a great idea that can be utilized to help new members better be able to use DDO.

If this election has taught me anything, it's that there are some great people that have never really had the chance to experience DDO, or do not know that much about it because they have no idea how it works. I want us to have a way to reach out to every concerned member and encourage them, help them, and show them how to be a more active part of this community.

I want to to sum this up with a thank you. Thank you for electing me as your DDO Membership President, together we can make DDO an even better place.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:24:22 AM
At 12/15/2014 12:21:45 AM, Mikal wrote:
Congrats Mikal!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:43:17 AM
Congratulations, Mikal!

I know that you will try very hard to direct DDO in a great direction. I have faith in you.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:49:45 AM
At 12/15/2014 12:32:57 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/15/2014 12:31:57 AM, headphonegut wrote:
Congratulations on being elected.

You are most, decidedly, welcome.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:50:20 AM
At 12/15/2014 12:43:17 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
Congratulations, Mikal!

I know that you will try very hard to direct DDO in a great direction. I have faith in you.

thanks so much xD
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:01:01 AM
Grats grats.. Now about that *ahem* thing that you promised if I voted for you. I accept USD or SGD. Please bank in to the account that I will pm you in an hours time. I also accept checks or bank drafts. Tq.
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:07:39 AM
Congratulations. If memory serves correctly, this makes you our 7th president and winner of the 11th election. We shall call you the 7-11 president.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:08:13 AM
At 12/15/2014 1:01:01 AM, VelCrow wrote:
Grats grats.. Now about that *ahem* thing that you promised if I voted for you. I accept USD or SGD. Please bank in to the account that I will pm you in an hours time. I also accept checks or bank drafts. Tq.

lolol
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:08:37 AM
At 12/15/2014 12:54:14 AM, komododragon8 wrote:
Hope you have a good term.

Also how many elections has debate.org had.

the guy down below it stated it better than I can xD
ElCorazonAma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:50:00 AM
Mikal, don't let me down ... And more so, don't let the rest of DDO down... I'm trusting you'll do rightly and be a great president... We all love you!

Congrats!
The verb is real but the adjective is only a hypothetical ideal. ~ Freedo
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:54:53 AM
At 12/15/2014 1:07:39 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Congratulations. If memory serves correctly, this makes you our 7th president and winner of the 11th election. We shall call you the 7-11 president.

what would we call him if Airmax didn't get re-elected twice?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:02:54 AM
Congratulations. I look forward to working with you and wish you great success.

I know from just the several conversations we've had since the conclusion of the election, that you are passionate about doing what you can, and I'm confident that you'll work hard to achieve whatever you put your mind to.
Debate.org Moderator
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:37:13 AM
At 12/15/2014 1:54:53 AM, Romanii wrote:

We'd call him by his name probably
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:38:55 AM
At 12/15/2014 2:37:13 AM, imabench wrote:
At 12/15/2014 1:54:53 AM, Romanii wrote:

We'd call him by his name probably

lol...

I was asking because if airmax wasn't re-elected twice, Mikal would be the 9th president on the 11th election...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:49:08 AM
http://www.troll.me...
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:51:53 AM
Congrats Mikal, you've earned it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 7:04:57 AM
Congrats! You'll still be yourself right? It would be a shame if you started acting more mature, because you have a personality that DDO could really use.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:53:16 PM
Can't wait for your policies to be implemented.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:58:00 PM
At 12/15/2014 7:04:57 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Congrats! You'll still be yourself right? It would be a shame if you started acting more mature, because you have a personality that DDO could really use.

I have to act more mature in some aspects, but I will still be my self in some of the forums posts. Airmax is starting to give me more and more faith with every conversation we have, so when he chooses to allow me to be involved with moderation issues, I will carry myself differently in that aspect

Between me, max, and eddie we balance each other out quite well. Throw bluesteel and the others in the mix, it's an equation for victory.