Jump to topic:

Member Outreach Program

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:48:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was up late last night talking to airmax and eddie about some things that we wanted to accomplish and that needed to get done. The one thing I am going to be working with airmax directly on is the new users sticky he laid out. Most of the layout is complete (including ragnars user guide), but there are some things that I think we are going to add shortly and even change

A part of what we are going to do is add the (no longer the adopt a noob program)the new member outreach program. Airmax can clarify if i'm incorrect, but we plan on making a list of users that are pretty grounded members, and know how the site works in and out. They will be listed in the sticky thread under a single post, showing where they are available to be contacted for issues with the site, questions and help with debates, interactions, etc. Out of the list , new members can pick one of the people listed to be their mentor and that new user will assigned to that person.

What I am going to do by myself is reach out to a lot of new users that are usually not involved in any of the main forums with the link to the sticky, and try to see if there is anyway I can help them integrate into the main forums. That includes assigning them a mentor if they wish.

I have already made some suggestions for mentors and max will have the final call, but if selected to be one you will be contacted. If you are interested message me, max or, eddie and it will get back to max shortly and we can find a way for you to help one way or the other.

What I need now is for someone to work with me on getting messages out to the people and encouraging them to be an active part of the community, and showing them the guide and thread.

If anyone wants to help reach out to these people in messages and encourage them, let me know.

ad infintum
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:51:07 PM
Seems like a good idea for those newer people.
Some of my friends who decided to sign up for DDO had no clue what to do once they joined. Hopefully this program could help them, along with the others who need it.

Good luck with it, and I hope it succeeds. :)
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:10:09 PM
I would like to be apart of this.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 5:44:47 PM
At 12/15/2014 3:52:37 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'm in but would like a conversation about what this entails.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Hanspete
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:08:52 PM
This is a good idea, especially being in direct contact with members, like to be apart of this.
Please nominate Lee001 for the title prettiest girl on DDO: http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Official Revolutionary Emperor

Bane of the DDO Elite, except OberHerr