Jump to topic:

New Members : Introduce Yourself

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:55:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I recently said I wanted to do an outreach program, and I am going to use this thread to start it. New members that have hardly no, to zero interaction in the forums may not know how to communicate with people or never got to experience DDO in the way we have. I want to use this thread as brief way for some members that participated in the election to get to say hi, and tell us about themselves. I encourage new members and older members alike to participate and encourage some of the new guys that post, and let's give them the same experience that we have on DDO. Make them feel like apart of the community and let's help integrate them in and encourage them to stick around
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:58:18 PM
Noob: Hi, I'm a noob.
Everyone: Hi noob.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:03:42 PM
Hi fellow DDOers, DDOians and DDOrks! I'm esocial (aka Annie.)

I do interviews without some members. My sign up list (IIRC) is on my profile!

Hit me up if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer. :-)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:04:09 PM
*with

darnit >.<
way too make an impression annie
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
BblackkBbirdd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:08:54 PM
At 12/15/2014 3:58:18 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Hi, I'm Blackbird and I like warm hugs. I've been on here for 10 months and still don't have any friends :'(
I'm DDO chief propagandist, princess of the polls section and Comrade Silly Otter's pimp.
Please be my friend.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:10:30 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:08:08 PM, Leo.Messi wrote:
Hey guys-
Leo.Messi here.

Just joined a few weeks ago.

Hi, why'd you join the site?
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:15:16 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:08:08 PM, Leo.Messi wrote:
Hey guys-
Leo.Messi here.

Just joined a few weeks ago.

Hi! I hope you will enjoy your time here. :)
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:15:56 PM
Mikal asked me to introduce myself as a newbie. I like him so I'll comply... maybe just this one time ;)

I don't feel new because I've been baptized in the fiery hell that is the religion sub-forum for a couple months now. D: So far only one person wants me dead (that I know of) so I think I'm doing alright.

So here I am! And HOLY CRAP! You mean there are normal threads here?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Leo.Messi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:17:59 PM
Ya-Well I do enjoy debates, history, and such.
There are a ton of awesome people here (Mikal, The-Voice-of-Truth, and my other bros.
-LEO.Messi.
Long live barca!
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:18:27 PM
At 12/15/2014 3:55:35 PM, Mikal wrote:
I recently said I wanted to do an outreach program, and I am going to use this thread to start it. New members that have hardly no, to zero interaction in the forums may not know how to communicate with people or never got to experience DDO in the way we have. I want to use this thread as brief way for some members that participated in the election to get to say hi, and tell us about themselves. I encourage new members and older members alike to participate and encourage some of the new guys that post, and let's give them the same experience that we have on DDO. Make them feel like apart of the community and let's help integrate them in and encourage them to stick around

Alright, well.
Hi, I guess. My name is Valkrin, and I mainly participate on the debate side of the site, and not as much of the forums. So I'm looking to welcome myself here as someone new.
Mainly, I'm a professional internet recluse. Apart from school I mainly just look at the web, play games such as CS:GO or osu!, and that's pretty much it.

I first discovered the site when looking at an opinion comparing two games I liked. I noticed that it was a site completely dedicated to debating. Interested me, I decided to join.

I've participated in 19 debates as of now. Not that many, and only a handful of forum posts. Hopefully I hopefully will become more active in the community of DDO and the forums. I hope that I can have a fun experience forward and I look forward to having fun with you guys :)
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:21:06 PM

Hi , my name is SebUK . I have been a member for about a year or so . I have been interested in politics since a very young age which is pretty much what made me stay on the website . Politics , that is why i'm here . It is my life passion and I love debating policy making and such . I am a 15 year old although that has never been a problem on DDO and I have not been looked down upon just based on my age . I have been treated wth respect and challanged just like any other user . It is actually surprising how much the Polls section and the Debating section differ from the forums , I have only gotten involved in the forums a few weeks ago / months ago and it is a great new experience . There is a specific culture on DDO that you may not be familiar with when you join , people talk differently here and there are some classic references used in threads that you may not know and this may effect if your visit to the forum will remain a short one or if it will become a long one . It is really worth it to learn about the forums and I (And others) are willing to help new members to get engaged in them . Overall the forums have been a fresh new exciting experience and I am not planning this to be a short visit . :) . Back to me I would also like to mention that you may contact me about anything and I will give you the best advise I can , if you want to find out more I have wrote a lot more about myself on my profile .- Best wishes , SebUK .
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:23:44 PM
Hi, I'm Mishap! I chose my username because I often find myself stuck in funny mishaps. For example, when I was 7, I mistook a floating leaf mat on a creek for land and stepped on it! I got quite wet.

I'm a Christian, old fashioned and conservative, but I don't think I'm too up-tight. I try my best to be accepting of other people even if I don't agree with them.

Contrary to popular belief, my favorite animal is a horse, not squirrels, though I like squirrels quite a lot as evidenced by my profile pictures. :D

I spend WAAAYYY too much time on here, I'm sort of addicted... yeah. But it's fun, and I've made a lot of good friends!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:27:33 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:08:54 PM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:

Hi, I'm Blackbird and I like warm hugs. I've been on here for 10 months and still don't have any friends :'(
I'm DDO chief propagandist, princess of the polls section and Comrade Silly Otter's pimp.
Please be my friend.

Well you already know me but welcome. Feel free to interact with anyone that posts on here. This is a great way to show you forum interact and how to meet people and earn long lasting friendships on the site :)
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:31:25 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:15:56 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
Mikal asked me to introduce myself as a newbie. I like him so I'll comply... maybe just this one time ;)

No! That's how he ropes you in! At first it's just one little thing, and then you're breaking into Washington for him....

No?
Just me?

I don't feel new because I've been baptized in the fiery hell that is the religion sub-forum for a couple months now. D: So far only one person wants me dead (that I know of) so I think I'm doing alright.

And you're still alive?
*applauds*
That's impressive.

Indeed. Welcome to DDO!
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:33:02 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:18:27 PM, Valkrin wrote:

Alright, well.
Hi, I guess. My name is Valkrin, and I mainly participate on the debate side of the site, and not as much of the forums. So I'm looking to welcome myself here as someone new.
Mainly, I'm a professional internet recluse. Apart from school I mainly just look at the web, play games such as CS:GO or osu!, and that's pretty much it.

Hello, Valkrin! You seem to be describing my life there.

I first discovered the site when looking at an opinion comparing two games I liked. I noticed that it was a site completely dedicated to debating. Interested me, I decided to join.

I've participated in 19 debates as of now. Not that many, and only a handful of forum posts. Hopefully I hopefully will become more active in the community of DDO and the forums. I hope that I can have a fun experience forward and I look forward to having fun with you guys :)

We'd love to see you in the forums!

What sort of debates do you enjoy the most?
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:33:37 PM
Kyle here. Not my real name, but it works. New here, but not new to forums. Two previous forums are now defunct, and the last one, which I still frequent, has nearly dried up. So here I am.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:34:47 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:33:37 PM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
Kyle here. Not my real name, but it works. New here, but not new to forums. Two previous forums are now defunct, and the last one, which I still frequent, has nearly dried up. So here I am.

Welcome, then, to the land where the forums never run dry. Except for all the ones that do.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:36:15 PM

What were they called?
heyfur_1213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:37:20 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:08:54 PM, BblackkBbirdd wrote:

Please be my friend.

I'll be your friend if you give me warm hugs. :o
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:39:39 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:36:15 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

What were they called?

World Crossing, Music Appreciation, and the one I still visit is Cryptozoology.com, where I am a skeptic.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:45:52 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:33:02 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/15/2014 4:18:27 PM, Valkrin wrote:

Alright, well.

Hello, Valkrin! You seem to be describing my life there.
Glad we're on the same page :)

We'd love to see you in the forums!

What sort of debates do you enjoy the most?

I don't really have a favorite per se, but I enjoy topics that can be from mathematics to which game I find to be the best. :P
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
heyfur_1213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:46:17 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:23:44 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
Hi, I'm Mishap! I chose my username because I often find myself stuck in funny mishaps. For example, when I was 7, I mistook a floating leaf mat on a creek for land and stepped on it! I got quite wet.

I'm a Christian, old fashioned and conservative, but I don't think I'm too up-tight. I try my best to be accepting of other people even if I don't agree with them.

Contrary to popular belief, my favorite animal is a horse, not squirrels, though I like squirrels quite a lot as evidenced by my profile pictures. :D

I spend WAAAYYY too much time on here, I'm sort of addicted... yeah. But it's fun, and I've made a lot of good friends!

Hello darling, it's nice to meet you. :3
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:47:10 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:31:25 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/15/2014 4:15:56 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

No! That's how he ropes you in! At first it's just one little thing, and then you're breaking into Washington for him....

No?
Just me?

And you're still alive?
*applauds*
That's impressive.

Indeed. Welcome to DDO!

Thank you!
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
heyfur_1213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:47:43 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:27:06 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Pretty much.

hahaha :3
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:51:29 PM
At 12/15/2014 4:46:17 PM, heyfur_1213 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 4:23:44 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Hello darling, it's nice to meet you. :3

Nice to meet you too. Though I've heard some scary rumors about you.... O.O

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam