Announcing - Die Stimme

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:44:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hello, everybody!

I'm announcing the creation of Die Stimme (pronunciation: dee-Shtim-uh). (Translation: The Voice)

Many people have sunk hours and hours of their time into creating spectacular and enjoyable works of fiction here on DDO. As a fellow writer, I admirer all of them. But I also understand the motivations behind these bursts of creativity.

As many of you know, Airmax and I have worked to create a fanfiction sticky to honor the creativity and hard work of these members and their stories. But now I'd like to go beyond that.

Die Stimme will consist of a group of dedicated individuals who support the flourishing of the arts here on DDO. It is a group that will go around and comment on people's stories and give them feedback. The comments do not have to be detailed nor in-depth - even a simple "brilliant" or "excellent" or "get this trash out of here" will do.

Okay, not that last one. But feedback can be constructive as well!

Part of this, however, means the fanfiction will go into its natural forum - the arts or entertainment. People don't post there because of the lack of activity in those forums. It is our aim to revitalize them through this program.

This also applies to DDOfans, should TUF make that site more friendly to fanfiction.

Signups are below, if you are interested. I am automatically signing up a few dedicated fanfiction writers, as we should all support each other.

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
ad infinitum
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:45:53 PM
At 12/15/2014 6:44:48 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Hello, everybody!

I'm announcing the creation of Die Stimme (pronunciation: dee-Shtim-uh). (Translation: The Voice)

Many people have sunk hours and hours of their time into creating spectacular and enjoyable works of fiction here on DDO. As a fellow writer, I admirer all of them. But I also understand the motivations behind these bursts of creativity.

As many of you know, Airmax and I have worked to create a fanfiction sticky to honor the creativity and hard work of these members and their stories. But now I'd like to go beyond that.

Die Stimme will consist of a group of dedicated individuals who support the flourishing of the arts here on DDO. It is a group that will go around and comment on people's stories and give them feedback. The comments do not have to be detailed nor in-depth - even a simple "brilliant" or "excellent" or "get this trash out of here" will do.

Part of this, however, means the fanfiction will go into its natural forum - the arts or entertainment. People don't post there because of the lack of activity in those forums. It is our aim to revitalize them through this program.

This also applies to DDOfans, should TUF make that site more friendly to fanfiction.

Signups are below, if you are interested. I am automatically signing up a few dedicated fanfiction writers, as we should all support each other.

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
ad infinitum
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:47:27 PM
At 12/15/2014 6:45:53 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Hello, everybody!

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
6. PotBelliedGeek
ad infinitum
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:54:45 PM
At 12/15/2014 6:47:27 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Hello, everybody!

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
6. PotBelliedGeek
7. Annie
ad infinitum
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:55:05 PM
I post Ramblings in the entertainment forum... when I post it. xD
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:57:28 PM
I am not creative
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 6:59:08 PM
At 12/15/2014 6:56:08 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/15/2014 6:55:05 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I post Ramblings in the entertainment forum... when I post it. xD

About 2 years ago :p

I've been busy! *hands in surrendering position*

Plus, I was mourning Marie's death... (in the story)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

DarthKirones
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 7:18:33 PM
Hello, everybody!

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
ad infinitum

I would say in but... it appears that I am already in.
"I am not religious. I am a genius. I have the Universe in my hands."
-Aerogant

"Of course a jewish baby cannibalizing a jewish mommy is fine"
-Heil being retarded

"Eradicating the baby scourge from our midsts is most certainly fun. And I am proud to be your hero. Babies tremble then they hear my name.. Airmax, the hero of baby annihilation."
-Airmax
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 9:34:02 PM
At 12/15/2014 6:54:45 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Hello, everybody!

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
6. PotBelliedGeek
7. Annie
8. Mikal
ad infinitum
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 11:29:17 PM
At 12/15/2014 9:13:35 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Bump

Tomorrow is Beethoven's birthday. I say we dedicate this to him, and make him our patron.

#BeethovenGroupie #IWouldMakeLoveToHisMusic #MissaSolemnisIsAwesome

/in
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 11:30:27 PM
At 12/15/2014 11:29:17 PM, Ajabi wrote:
Bump

Tomorrow is Beethoven's birthday. I say we dedicate this to him, and make him our patron.

Done.

/in

Excellent! :-)
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 11:30:45 PM
At 12/15/2014 9:34:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
Hello, everybody!

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
6. PotBelliedGeek
7. Annie
8. Mikal
9. Ajabi
ad infinitum
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 11:43:04 PM
At 12/15/2014 11:30:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 12/15/2014 11:29:17 PM, Ajabi wrote:
Bump

Done.

You agree? Yay. :)

Missa Solemnis <3 <3 Have you heard it?

/in

Excellent! :-)
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:03:48 PM
At 12/15/2014 9:34:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
Hello, everybody!

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
6. PotBelliedGeek
7. Annie
8. Mikal
ad infinitum

we need to discuss this before our fan fic is signed in so to speak
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:13:43 PM
Put the fan five in the art section and create a thread in this forum to announce new ones in the art section and they will stay at the top of the list longer for more people to enjoy.

No stickies necessary
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 8:37:58 PM
At 12/16/2014 7:13:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
Put the fan five in the art section and create a thread in this forum to announce new ones in the art section and they will stay at the top of the list longer for more people to enjoy.

No stickies necessary

The sticky already exists.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:34:05 PM

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
6. PotBelliedGeek
7. Annie
8. Mikal
9. Donald.Keller
ad infinitum
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:36:55 PM
At 12/24/2014 7:34:05 PM, donald.keller wrote:

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
6. PotBelliedGeek
7. Annie
8. Mikal
9. Donald.Keller
10. Such
ad infinitum
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:39:54 PM

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
6. PotBelliedGeek
7. Annie
8. Mikal
9. Donald.Keller
10. Skepsikyma
ad infinitum
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:40:11 PM
At 12/24/2014 7:34:05 PM, donald.keller wrote:

1. Endark
2. DarthKirones/DDD
3. RevNge
4. Adam_Godzilla
5. Lannan13
6. PotBelliedGeek
7. Annie
8. Mikal
9. Donald.Keller
10. VelCrow
ad infinitum
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 12:13:36 PM
I admire the use of German. I do not see that very often.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.