Jump to topic:

A Wiki volunteer?

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 10:48:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi DDO. Going through the DDO wiki member pages, I cant help but notice that many members are either missing, or their pages are out of date. I will be working on some of them myself, but I am looking for a volunteer to help me out, especially with the ones I cant do (e.g. mine, conflict of interest). Anyone interested?
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 10:57:09 PM
At 12/15/2014 10:48:37 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Hi DDO. Going through the DDO wiki member pages, I cant help but notice that many members are either missing, or their pages are out of date. I will be working on some of them myself, but I am looking for a volunteer to help me out, especially with the ones I cant do (e.g. mine, conflict of interest). Anyone interested?

I am going to be working on this during the Winter break, so I can help out.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 11:00:09 PM
At 12/15/2014 10:57:09 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Awesome. I have no idea exactly how I will be going about this, but I will figure it out I guess. I am thinking of developing a member page template, and editing them to conform.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 11:01:58 PM
At 12/15/2014 11:00:09 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Awesome. I have no idea exactly how I will be going about this, but I will figure it out I guess. I am thinking of developing a member page template, and editing them to conform.

Okay.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 11:21:39 PM
At 12/15/2014 11:01:58 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Okay.

give me a page
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:22:07 AM

Hi.

JH also did a lot of work on it...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 11:42:17 AM
At 12/15/2014 11:21:39 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/15/2014 11:01:58 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Okay.

give me a page

Well, if I get enough volunteers, then I might start a PM for us and discuss templates. In the meantime, im reading up on wiki editing and stuffs.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 11:51:41 AM

Stay off my page please.

I don't want it contaminated by a bunch of criticisms for all my debates and saying my debates aren't HOF worthy.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 12:03:44 PM
At 12/16/2014 11:51:41 AM, Wylted wrote:

Stay off my page please.

I don't want it contaminated by a bunch of criticisms for all my debates and saying my debates aren't HOF worthy.

I am putting together a team of editors and researchers who will be able to provide unbiased and accurate information for each page. My personal opinion on your rape battle will not be relevant to the outcome of your page. My main goal is to develop a template and standards to which all pages must comply.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 12:13:46 PM
At 12/16/2014 12:03:44 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Stay off my page please.

I am putting together a team of editors and researchers who will be able to provide unbiased and accurate information for each page. My personal opinion on your rape battle will not be relevant to the outcome of your page. My main goal is to develop a template and standards to which all pages must comply.

Thank God. It's bad enough my debate is getting raped out of being in the HOF.

I don't want my page raped out of the wiki as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, thank you for not messing up my page.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 12:14:42 PM
At 12/16/2014 12:13:46 PM, Wylted wrote:

Stay off my page please.

I think you will be happy with the outcome.

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 12:15:36 PM

Stay off my page please.

Are you trying to come off as offensive or is that your default?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 12:24:02 PM
At 12/16/2014 12:15:36 PM, Cermank wrote:

Stay off my page please.

It's my default but I cranked it up a notch for him. I do the same to Kbub.

I think a lot of people are too easily offended. I guess it's hard to understand because AI can't be offended. You can make fun of personal tragedies that happened to me and I'll still not be offended.

The only exception to this was like a one week period of time after I killed the get away drivers of a robbery in a car crash. People know I don't get offended so they really made fun of the situation making all kinds of murderer jokes. Even though I was offended, I still didn't act like a b1tch about it.

I acted like I wasn't offended so I wouldn't ruin their fun at my expense. Now I'm over it (somewhat), make fun of me all you want.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 12:34:34 PM
At 12/16/2014 12:24:02 PM, Wylted wrote:

Stay off my page please.

I think a lot of people are too easily offended. I guess it's hard to understand because AI can't be offended. You can make fun of personal tragedies that happened to me and I'll still not be offended.

The only exception to this was like a one week period of time after I killed the get away drivers of a robbery in a car crash. People know I don't get offended so they really made fun of the situation making all kinds of murderer jokes. Even though I was offended, I still didn't act like a b1tch about it.

I acted like I wasn't offended so I wouldn't ruin their fun at my expense. Now I'm over it (somewhat), make fun of me all you want.

I am flattered that you feel the need to be extra abrasive towards me. I feel as if I have accomplished something XD

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 12:39:39 PM
At 12/16/2014 12:34:34 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Stay off my page please.

I am flattered that you feel the need to be extra abrasive towards me. I feel as if I have accomplished something XD

You hurt my feelings by calling my debates crappy.

It offends me.
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 12:50:42 PM
At 12/16/2014 12:39:39 PM, Wylted wrote:

Stay off my page please.

It offends me.

LOL for the record, your debates are awesome.

Your rape battle is a piece of sh!t, but not for lack of effort.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 1:00:45 PM
At 12/16/2014 12:50:42 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Stay off my page please.

It offends me.

Thanks, that's all I ask for. Praise and adoration.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:17:03 AM
At 12/16/2014 1:00:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/16/2014 12:50:42 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Stay off my page please.

It offends me.

Thanks, that's all I ask for. Praise and adoration.

what about banter?
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica