Jump to topic:

Just kidding, vote here on voter requirements

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 4:16:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't want any changes made in the voting system that would actually mean excluding any of the people who voted in the previous election without first debating this change with a high caliber debator.

Some people want the voting system to be more inclusive in some ways and less inclusive in others.

I just want the voting system to be more inclusive and I don't want this discussion had until I get a chance to make my case.

I think my case is so good that it will change a lot of minds on this subject. Can we debate this, then have a conversation about what was debated and then vote to see where DDO stands?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 4:47:39 PM
At 12/16/2014 3:58:27 PM, bluesteel wrote:
https://docs.google.com...

Voted
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 4:56:20 PM

Voted.
Basic opinion is that once a person knows exactly what they're doing they should be allowed to vote.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 5:09:04 PM
At 12/16/2014 4:16:41 PM, Wylted wrote:
I don't want any changes made in the voting system that would actually mean excluding any of the people who voted in the previous election without first debating this change with a high caliber debator.

Some people want the voting system to be more inclusive in some ways and less inclusive in others.

I just want the voting system to be more inclusive and I don't want this discussion had until I get a chance to make my case.

I think my case is so good that it will change a lot of minds on this subject. Can we debate this, then have a conversation about what was debated and then vote to see where DDO stands?

The topic is you defending the current system?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 5:16:19 PM
At 12/16/2014 5:09:04 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Yes, pretty much.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 5:19:46 PM
At 12/16/2014 5:16:19 PM, Wylted wrote:

Yes, pretty much.

If you're saying you want me as your opponent, I'll debate you in it.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 5:25:54 PM
voted
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 5:28:41 PM
At 12/16/2014 5:19:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/16/2014 5:16:19 PM, Wylted wrote:

Yes, pretty much.

If you're saying you want me as your opponent, I'll debate you in it.

I didn't specify that but okay sounds good. You might change your mind once you see the resolution but when I put it up if you have interest, I'll challenge you.

I'm not against any change to the status quo, just any change which would be less inclusive in any way whatsoever.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:04:29 PM
@Wylted - if you and Bluesteel don't debate this, I may be willing to take you up on it, provided the debate is short.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:11:23 PM
At 12/16/2014 7:04:29 PM, bsh1 wrote:
@Wylted - if you and Bluesteel don't debate this, I may be willing to take you up on it, provided the debate is short.

Sounds good. You're about to leave and you backed the candidate that was hurt by the voting being so inclusive.

It would be more epic to debate you on this.

24 hr rounds? 4 rounds?

Is that quick enough?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:13:47 PM
At 12/16/2014 7:11:23 PM, Wylted wrote:

Sounds good. You're about to leave and you backed the candidate that was hurt by the voting being so inclusive.

24 hr rounds? 4 rounds?

Is that quick enough?

Okay. But I want to send out the challenge. You want to defend the status quo? I also don't want to offend bluesteel when he asked first...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:16:36 PM
At 12/16/2014 7:13:47 PM, bsh1 wrote:

24 hr rounds? 4 rounds?

Is that quick enough?

Okay. But I want to send out the challenge. You want to defend the status quo? I also don't want to offend bluesteel when he asked first...

I want to defend the status quo to the extent this statement is true.

The DDO presidential voting system shouldn't be less inclusive in any way. I want to defend the status quo but don't want to add the complication of a debate whether to include the polls or opinions section.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:18:56 PM
At 12/16/2014 7:16:36 PM, Wylted wrote:

24 hr rounds? 4 rounds?

Is that quick enough?

The DDO presidential voting system shouldn't be less inclusive in any way. I want to defend the status quo but don't want to add the complication of a debate whether to include the polls or opinions section.

Hmmmmm...lemme send you the challenge I had in mind, and you can decide to accept it or decline it. I don't want to haggle over debate parameters.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:19:30 PM
At 12/16/2014 7:18:56 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/16/2014 7:16:36 PM, Wylted wrote:

24 hr rounds? 4 rounds?

Is that quick enough?

Hmmmmm...lemme send you the challenge I had in mind, and you can decide to accept it or decline it. I don't want to haggle over debate parameters.

Ok
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:55:49 PM
At 12/16/2014 4:56:20 PM, Valkrin wrote:

Voted.
Basic opinion is that once a person knows exactly what they're doing they should be allowed to vote.

I disagree with that opinion.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:32:35 PM

24 hr rounds? 4 rounds?

Is that quick enough?

I'd only take it because I think the lack of a minimum time on the site requirement is indefensible, so it's a free win. I'd rather read your debate on it since you have stronger feelings about the change. So don't worry about me.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 3:21:30 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:32:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:

24 hr rounds? 4 rounds?

Is that quick enough?

I'd only take it because I think the lack of a minimum time on the site requirement is indefensible, so it's a free win. I'd rather read your debate on it since you have stronger feelings about the change. So don't worry about me.

Sweet. Thanks, bluesteel.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 3:28:35 PM

I don't have a google account, so I can't vote.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 8:37:27 PM
Voted Against
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.