Official Presidential Voting Efforts**

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:21:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Fellow DDO members,

Several months ago our previous president, Bladerunner, started a program where any debate that remained unvoted with only 48 hours or less was guaranteed a vote before the voting period ended. I firmly believed that this program was a benefit to the site as a whole and still stand firm in that belief now.

With that said, I am both pleased and proud to announce that such efforts will continue to be in effect under President Mikal. As Mikals Voting Czar, I pledge to every member on DDO who has an unvoted debate, with 48 hours or less of time remaining, that it will receive a vote. I fully understand the magnitude of this pledge, and wish to present a plan of attack along with my credentials so that the debaters here will have full confidence in this continuing effort.

First and Foremost, it's impossible to scan the site for every debate with 48 hours or less of time remaining in the voting period. So my pledge rests on the commitment of you, my fellow DDO debater, to remain active in sending me PM's with a link to the debate included in it. Without that, I will have no means of securing a vote on your debate because I won't even be aware of it. So please, remain vigilant in getting these debates to me! My inbox is always open and anyone can send me a PM, so please do.

Secondly, these efforts will not be carried out by me alone. I am currently in the process of building a strong team of committed members here on DDO who will, along with myself, remain active in voting on debates that are at risk of ending without any votes on them. I've already secured the help of 10 members so far, including highly respected members such as Whiteflame, Thett, and Ragnar. On top of having a strong team, I have the personal experience of running an established voting group for the past 7 months, and believe that this experience will play a key role in maintaining this group for Mikals administration.

Most importantly, there are no requirements to be included in this group, nor any member limit. I would love for this group to grow into a literal army of voters who each fight against unvoted debates in their own way, and by their own desire to do so. We must not forget the importance of voting on debates. It creates an opportunity to inform debaters on better strategies, it informs them of their mistakes so they can avoid them in the future, and ultimately it reflects the ability of debaters to participate in passing judgement onto others in a constructive manner. The role of judge has been an important one in countless societies for millenniums, let us find honor in continuing the duty this role has in shaping our world.

The way in which I plan on running this group will be by weekly updates in the form of Group PM's. Our efforts will focus solely on voting on debates which have 48 hours or less in their voting period. Our methods will be effective, efficient, and inspirational. This group will also strive to leave high quality RFD's when the opportunity presents itself. Our first PM will be held this coming Sunday so...

As I said before, there are no limits to being a part of this group, and I highly urge anyone who is interested in helping to do so by joining our efforts :)

Please expect more Voting initiatives to be forth-coming, as leaving no debate unvoted is only one aspect of the entire voting efforts that are to be carried out under President Mikals term. For more information on what is to come, please visit: http://www.debate.org...

For now, those of you interested in helping out with this effort in specific, please PM me!

Truly & Sincerely,

Blade of Truth
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:25:50 PM
With that being said, my inbox is also open for ya'lls debates.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Unitomic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:31:07 PM
At 12/16/2014 7:25:50 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Have you looked at my debates yet? :) I know it still has awhile, I'm just excited to see some votes on it
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:45:56 PM
At 12/16/2014 7:31:07 PM, Unitomic wrote:
At 12/16/2014 7:25:50 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Have you looked at my debates yet? :) I know it still has awhile, I'm just excited to see some votes on it

I'm currently working on Homework, but I'll be happy to give them the vote after that! :)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 8:13:19 PM
Booyah! Nice profile pic Addy! I wonder who made it. *winks* ;)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:53:44 PM
At 12/16/2014 8:13:19 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Booyah! Nice profile pic Addy! I wonder who made it. *winks* ;)

The best profile picture-maker on DDO, that's who!!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...