Jump to topic:

DDO Trolls

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:43:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Trolls are the bane of everyone's existence. Nobody likes them; they are annoying, immature, and illogical little kids that have no reasoning ability, so they just spam and post the stupidest stuff. If you hate trolls, post a comment.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:44:28 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:43:35 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Trolls are the bane of everyone's existence. Nobody likes them; they are annoying, immature, and illogical little kids that have no reasoning ability, so they just spam and post the stupidest stuff. If you hate trolls, post a comment.

I think we all do.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:45:25 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:44:28 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:

I think we all do.

You wouldn't believe how many people believe in "Troll Rights."
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:46:05 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:45:25 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

I think we all do.

Hey, I just coined a new phrase. I think I'll start using it.
Suh dude

SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:46:19 PM

You better be sorry or imabench will come here and ban you with his super magic DDO elite ban powers.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:47:03 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:46:19 PM, SebUK wrote:

You better be sorry or imabench will come here and ban you with his super magic DDO elite ban powers.

Uh, I guess he/she is a troll?
Suh dude

Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:51:01 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:47:03 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Depends on your definition of a troll :P
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:52:28 PM

He is the Vice President of the website if you didn't know.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:54:03 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:51:01 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:

Depends on your definition of a troll :P

Aight. A troll is, as I previously posted, the bane of everyone's existence. Nobody likes them; they are annoying, immature, and illogical little kids that have no reasoning ability, so they just spam and post the stupidest stuff.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:55:02 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:52:28 PM, SebUK wrote:

Oh. Oh well, it's too late to do anything now.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:56:13 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:55:02 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Wait, why should I be sorry if he is the Vice President? Does he like trolls, or is he a troll?
Suh dude

Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:58:06 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:56:13 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Wait, why should I be sorry if he is the Vice President? Does he like trolls, or is he a troll?

Based on your definition, I suppose he isn't a troll. Although many consider him to be one (in a positive sense).
Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 2:10:00 PM

They should all just be banned from this website. None of this "Freedom of Speech" rubbish, this is DDO, a website.... Not a country....
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 2:45:27 PM

I troll sometimes.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 2:47:07 PM
At 12/17/2014 1:45:25 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

I think we all do.

I generally am okay with trolls, except for the Religion Forum trolls.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 2:53:15 PM

Aye, but some trolls are necessary for this site to thrive. One large example is Imabench. He trolled the site and had run off several sets of users who were "toxic" to the site like Malcomyx, STALIN, RM, Quopal, and several others.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:09:36 PM

I was joking , and he trolls sometimes but he is not one of those destructive trolls.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:10:25 PM
At 12/17/2014 2:53:15 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Aye, but some trolls are necessary for this site to thrive. One large example is Imabench. He trolled the site and had run off several sets of users who were "toxic" to the site like Malcomyx, STALIN, RM, Quopal, and several others.

Didn't RM get banned?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:18:01 PM
At 12/17/2014 5:10:25 PM, SebUK wrote:

Didn't RM get banned?
Well yes, but it wasn't until the efforts of Imabench did he get take down.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:23:07 PM
At 12/17/2014 5:18:01 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/17/2014 5:10:25 PM, SebUK wrote:

Didn't RM get banned?
Well yes, but it wasn't until the efforts of Imabench did he get take down.

Do you know how long ago RM got banned ?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:14:55 PM
At 12/17/2014 2:10:00 PM, Zylorarchy wrote:

They should all just be banned from this [Debate] website. None of this "Freedom of Speech" rubbish, this is DDO, a website.... Not a country....

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
ARTICLE 19.
"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

http://www.un.org...
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:42:02 PM

Most trolls exist for the same reason ghettos, slums, stupid people, and invalids exist, to make me feel better about myself.

This is how most DDOers respond----------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>

Mark Twain puts it best: ""Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:43:36 PM
At 12/17/2014 6:42:02 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

Most trolls exist for the same reason ghettos, slums, stupid people, and invalids exist, to make me feel better about myself.

This is how most DDOers respond----------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>

Mark Twain puts it best: ""Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

It's hard to find a debate with somebody else, though.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:52:31 PM
At 12/17/2014 6:43:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/17/2014 6:42:02 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

It's hard to find a debate with somebody else, though.

There are probably far too many people on this site to debate but I suppose you are looking for someone of a decent intelligence level. Well, there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. The stupid child refuses to learn. An ignorant child has only yet to learn.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:53:52 PM

Sadly, due to Poe's law,mr here's not a whole lot we can do about it if we value exchange between wildly opposing viewpoints.
Zylorarchy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:56:46 PM
At 12/17/2014 6:14:55 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 12/17/2014 2:10:00 PM, Zylorarchy wrote:

They should all just be banned from this [Debate] website. None of this "Freedom of Speech" rubbish, this is DDO, a website.... Not a country....

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
ARTICLE 19.
"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

http://www.un.org...

The Universal Declaration is optional and not legally binding. The United States has not directly ratified it into law. Therefore this Article has no effect on DDO at all and even if the US directly incorporated the Universal Declaration into US law, it may still not have any effect.

While the Preamble of the Declaration does imply that human rights apply to everyone and that even other humans (not in government) should not breach your rights as stated here, "as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nation".

This is then contradicted on the Human Rights law page in which it is stated that "International human rights law lays down obligations which States are bound to respect", states meaning governments and of course, public bodies. Article 19 (the actual organisation which prizes this very Article) states that "Most expression is completely harmless and protected under the right to freedom of expression from interference by the state", see that, again, the State is highlighted, not private organisations or individuals.

Whether DDO is truly bound by the Universal Declaration is really quite debatable, and I would argue that it is not. What is not debatable is that the Universal Declaration is optional, and a tool which is seen to persuade and influence countries. It is not legally binding.

In the US, what is legally binding is the Bill of Rights and so in considering what obligations DDO truly has, we must turn to the First Amendment. This does not force websites to provide Freedom of Expression, the First Amendment exists only to protect you from Congress.

Even in other parts of the world, human rights law is only enforceable against the government of the State. The European Convention on Human Rights is pretty much the Universal Declaration, but as an enforceable form of international law. And it it well known that here too, the law can only be enforced against States, not private organisations or individuals. And I cite the European Convention here because, as just stated, it was and still is, a tool to essentially enforce the Universal Declaration as it was very heavily influenced by the Convention. It is heavily implied that the Universal Declaration is there to protect you from State oppression, as opposed to protecting you from private organisations and individuals.

And it is like this for the whole Internet I am afraid. When I play Runescape on the internet, if my speech is offensive (But potentially still covered by free speech) it does not matter. I can be muted permanently should the owners of the website/game see fit.
"I am not intolerant of religion, I am intolerant of intolerance"
"True freedom is not simply left or right. It is the ability to know when a law is needed, but more importantly, know when one is not"
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:40:54 AM
At 12/17/2014 5:09:36 PM, SebUK wrote:

I was joking , and he trolls sometimes but he is not one of those destructive trolls.

Ah, I did not know that you were joking. Just by reading the ensuing conversations, it sounds like @Imabench is a cool guy.
Suh dude

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 11:27:37 AM
What I miss?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:42:46 PM
Continued from
http://www.debate.org...

Black Knight: Legally binding simply means you've been warned that you may be punished should you not comply, but free speech is a matter or morality and intellectual prudence. Most of us understand that if somebody is simply harassing somebody unilaterally without providing a kind of intellectual argument, nor defending a particular position, or simply engaging hate speech it should not be tolerated for to long.

But in regards to a "site dedicated to people who like to debate online and read the opinions of others."
https://twitter.com...

We should not at the very same time advocates silencing the opinions of others, who do not agree with the community.
<(8D)

It's not a videogame website, It's a debate website.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net...

It's a place which is specialized to sharing and challenging ideas. Not silencing them. You're going to be annoyed often.
<(89)

Against The Ideologist
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL