Total Posts:67|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO's silent support of objectifying women.

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 9:42:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Recently there was a debate pitting close to naked women against each other to be judged purely on their appearance.

This is the type of crap the perpetuates rape culture, harms the quality of the site and makes women not even want to join.

To make matters worse it was the new president of DDO that contributed to this filth. The president has given a silent nod of approval for filth.

AirMax needs to remove this debate as it makes women feel less welcomed here, degrades the quality of the site and perpetuates rape culture.

If I don't see more outrage about this and 20 threads dedicated to it, I assume this is the type of debates DDO wants to see and I will make nothing but racist, sexist and downright filthy debates until I lose.

I will flood DDO with filth. So decide right now whether this is the direction you want the site headed or not!!!!!!
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 9:45:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 9:42:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
Recently there was a debate pitting close to naked women against each other to be judged purely on their appearance.

This is the type of crap the perpetuates rape culture, harms the quality of the site and makes women not even want to join.

To make matters worse it was the new president of DDO that contributed to this filth. The president has given a silent nod of approval for filth.

AirMax needs to remove this debate as it makes women feel less welcomed here, degrades the quality of the site and perpetuates rape culture.

If I don't see more outrage about this and 20 threads dedicated to it, I assume this is the type of debates DDO wants to see and I will make nothing but racist, sexist and downright filthy debates until I lose.

I will flood DDO with filth. So decide right now whether this is the direction you want the site headed or not!!!!!!

inb4 drama

-hes upset his rape thread and debate missed the hof -

i still love you buddy
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 9:51:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I will not stop debating things like

"Rape is morally permissible" until that debate is removed or I lose and I'm going to just focus on one debate at a time to insure every one is a win.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 9:56:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 9:51:30 AM, Wylted wrote:
I will not stop debating things like

"Rape is morally permissible" until that debate is removed or I lose and I'm going to just focus on one debate at a time to insure every one is a win.

I dub you

"Captain Rape Battle"
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 10:20:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

Why because it gives pimps a means to make money and crackheads a way to afford their crack?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 10:29:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 10:09:37 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:05:33 AM, Wylted wrote:
I forgot, I will also do homophobic debates,

Don't forget pedophilic debates!

No problem.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 10:29:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

how?
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 10:44:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 10:29:41 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

how?

It encourages masturbation, which has a load of health benefits.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 10:48:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 10:29:41 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

how?

It' promotes health and longevity
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 11:13:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It starts by me blasting the Jews. I will continue to bash other races and do other offensive debates until Mikal's debate is abolished.

http://www.debate.org...
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 11:39:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

It can also lead to lesser inhibitions and self control in men, more cheating, more broken families, more crime, etc. etc.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 11:41:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 11:39:03 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

It can also lead to lesser inhibitions and self control in men, more cheating, more broken families, more crime, etc. etc.

Enough with the positive stuff there is plenty of negative things
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 11:56:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 11:45:10 AM, Wylted wrote:
Kbub may or may not have sent me a PM in full support of my protest

And I'm getting reports that Royal Paladin is going to be coming back purely to campaign on this noble crusade.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 11:58:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 11:56:37 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 12/20/2014 11:45:10 AM, Wylted wrote:
Kbub may or may not have sent me a PM in full support of my protest

And I'm getting reports that Royal Paladin is going to be coming back purely to campaign on this noble crusade.

Thank god, I'm not alone.

I was afraid I'd have to be the only martyr.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 12:00:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 10:29:03 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:09:37 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:05:33 AM, Wylted wrote:
I forgot, I will also do homophobic debates,

Don't forget pedophilic debates!

No problem.

Honor ADOL and make zoophilic ones too.
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 12:00:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 9:42:43 AM, Wylted wrote:
Recently there was a debate pitting close to naked women against each other to be judged purely on their appearance.

This is the type of crap the perpetuates rape culture, harms the quality of the site and makes women not even want to join.

To make matters worse it was the new president of DDO that contributed to this filth. The president has given a silent nod of approval for filth.

AirMax needs to remove this debate as it makes women feel less welcomed here, degrades the quality of the site and perpetuates rape culture.

If I don't see more outrage about this and 20 threads dedicated to it, I assume this is the type of debates DDO wants to see and I will make nothing but racist, sexist and downright filthy debates until I lose.

I will flood DDO with filth. So decide right now whether this is the direction you want the site headed or not!!!!!!

I find myself in strong agreement with the sentiments that have been issued. It has been truly disappointing.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
thett3
Posts: 14,348
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 12:02:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 11:56:37 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 12/20/2014 11:45:10 AM, Wylted wrote:
Kbub may or may not have sent me a PM in full support of my protest

And I'm getting reports that Royal Paladin is going to be coming back purely to campaign on this noble crusade.

false reports, she's too busy spending her time at feminist rallies and arguing for anarcho communism in the youtube comments section
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 1:32:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 11:39:03 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

It can also lead to lesser inhibitions and self control in men, more cheating, more broken families, more crime, etc. etc.

It could , but it could also lead to more profits within the economy, decrease obesity, and promote eugenics
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 2:56:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 1:32:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 11:39:03 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

It can also lead to lesser inhibitions and self control in men, more cheating, more broken families, more crime, etc. etc.

It could , but it could also lead to more profits within the economy, decrease obesity, and promote eugenics

Even if it did, if it leads to the destruction of family, it would lead to the destruction of society. Society is built by the individuals therein. Individuals are built by how they are raised. Essentially, even if it were to benefit the economy and decrease obesity these things wouldn't matter if our society is falling apart. :P
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:03:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 2:56:19 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 1:32:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 11:39:03 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

It can also lead to lesser inhibitions and self control in men, more cheating, more broken families, more crime, etc. etc.

It could , but it could also lead to more profits within the economy, decrease obesity, and promote eugenics

Even if it did, if it leads to the destruction of family, it would lead to the destruction of society. Society is built by the individuals therein. Individuals are built by how they are raised. Essentially, even if it were to benefit the economy and decrease obesity these things wouldn't matter if our society is falling apart. :P

You would have to first show that it would actually decay society, which would be a hard correlation to prove XD
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:09:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 3:03:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 2:56:19 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 1:32:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 11:39:03 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

It can also lead to lesser inhibitions and self control in men, more cheating, more broken families, more crime, etc. etc.

It could , but it could also lead to more profits within the economy, decrease obesity, and promote eugenics

Even if it did, if it leads to the destruction of family, it would lead to the destruction of society. Society is built by the individuals therein. Individuals are built by how they are raised. Essentially, even if it were to benefit the economy and decrease obesity these things wouldn't matter if our society is falling apart. :P

You would have to first show that it would actually decay society, which would be a hard correlation to prove XD

Indeed, it would, but I think you can see the prima facie plausibility of such an argument...

Objectifying women leads to more desires for sex with more partners.
More desires for sex with more partners lead to more sex with more partners.
More sex with more partners leads to more cheating in marriages.
More cheating in marriages leads to more divorces.
More divorces leads to more broken families.

I mean... Sex and love and marriage all seem intertwined. So this makes it even more plausible...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
zmikecuber
Posts: 4,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:12:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 3:03:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 2:56:19 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 1:32:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 11:39:03 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

It can also lead to lesser inhibitions and self control in men, more cheating, more broken families, more crime, etc. etc.

It could , but it could also lead to more profits within the economy, decrease obesity, and promote eugenics

Even if it did, if it leads to the destruction of family, it would lead to the destruction of society. Society is built by the individuals therein. Individuals are built by how they are raised. Essentially, even if it were to benefit the economy and decrease obesity these things wouldn't matter if our society is falling apart. :P

You would have to first show that it would actually decay society, which would be a hard correlation to prove XD

Perhaps a better way to phrase it...

Objectifying women leads to more pornography use.
More pornography use increases chances of divorce.
So objectifying women increases chances of divorce.

A causes B
B causes C
Therefore, A indirectly causes C.

Sounds like a defensible argument to me... The first premise could be defended by examining human nature, and the second could be defended statistically.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:15:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 3:09:43 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 3:03:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 2:56:19 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 1:32:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 11:39:03 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

It can also lead to lesser inhibitions and self control in men, more cheating, more broken families, more crime, etc. etc.

It could , but it could also lead to more profits within the economy, decrease obesity, and promote eugenics

Even if it did, if it leads to the destruction of family, it would lead to the destruction of society. Society is built by the individuals therein. Individuals are built by how they are raised. Essentially, even if it were to benefit the economy and decrease obesity these things wouldn't matter if our society is falling apart. :P

You would have to first show that it would actually decay society, which would be a hard correlation to prove XD

Indeed, it would, but I think you can see the prima facie plausibility of such an argument...

Objectifying women leads to more desires for sex with more partners.
More desires for sex with more partners lead to more sex with more partners.
More sex with more partners leads to more cheating in marriages.
More cheating in marriages leads to more divorces.
More divorces leads to more broken families.

I mean... Sex and love and marriage all seem intertwined. So this makes it even more plausible...

Prima facie in a sense sure, but I question the validity of marriage in general which negates the argument itself.

that also assumes things

(a) being with more than one partner would ruin a marriage. Which is false, that is subjective. People like threesomes, and a quite a few relationships are open now days

(b) It assumes being married is the only way a society can function. (I actually hate marriage)

(c) You are saying that by objectifying women, every married man in turn would cheat on their wife. You can acknowledge objectification without cheating.

There are quite a few assumptions being made, so saying its prima facie true, may be a long shot. Maybe in a sense, but even then not really.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:17:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 3:12:45 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 3:03:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 2:56:19 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 1:32:54 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 12/20/2014 11:39:03 AM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 12/20/2014 10:12:56 AM, Mikal wrote:
I am just got openly state that women should be objectified, its a net gain to society

It can also lead to lesser inhibitions and self control in men, more cheating, more broken families, more crime, etc. etc.

It could , but it could also lead to more profits within the economy, decrease obesity, and promote eugenics

Even if it did, if it leads to the destruction of family, it would lead to the destruction of society. Society is built by the individuals therein. Individuals are built by how they are raised. Essentially, even if it were to benefit the economy and decrease obesity these things wouldn't matter if our society is falling apart. :P

You would have to first show that it would actually decay society, which would be a hard correlation to prove XD

Perhaps a better way to phrase it...

Objectifying women leads to more pornography use.
More pornography use increases chances of divorce.
So objectifying women increases chances of divorce.

A causes B
B causes C
Therefore, A indirectly causes C.

Sounds like a defensible argument to me... The first premise could be defended by examining human nature, and the second could be defended statistically.

I disagree in a sense

(Not saying you could not defend it)

It's still an assumption for the reasons i mentioned before. IT assumes porn screws up marriages, and that people will be inclined to watch it by acknowledging objectification.