Jump to topic:

Well..

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:17:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mikal told me in PM while he was running that he had plans for the religion forum, and did not plan on removing the religion forum ambassador program. If this is true, then why has Mikal not yet made a single comment about the religion forum ambassadors? Why have I not seen anything close to a plan to help fix the religion forum?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:29:30 PM
At 12/23/2014 9:17:50 PM, SNP1 wrote:
Mikal told me in PM while he was running that he had plans for the religion forum, and did not plan on removing the religion forum ambassador program. If this is true, then why has Mikal not yet made a single comment about the religion forum ambassadors? Why have I not seen anything close to a plan to help fix the religion forum?

Because not everything happens immediately after election. He has more than one program to start up first, and starting a program is time consuming.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:31:40 PM

I have been in contact with people trying to set out a plan. That is further down the road, but I already asked mirza and he declined because of real life situations. Someone will fill in when I actually set the program to start
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:46:41 PM

He's already elected. He doesn't have to pay attention to your requests now.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:58:40 PM
At 12/23/2014 9:29:30 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Because not everything happens immediately after election. He has more than one program to start up first, and starting a program is time consuming.

There is a program that is already started that could be temporarily adapted.
#WarOnDDO
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:00:17 PM
At 12/23/2014 9:31:40 PM, Mikal wrote:

I have been in contact with people trying to set out a plan. That is further down the road, but I already asked mirza and he declined because of real life situations. Someone will fill in when I actually set the program to start

Even if it is further down the road, it would not be hard to contact the Religion Forum Ambassadors that Bladrunner set up. Maybe look at what he tried and give a couple recommendations until you can make your own plan. As it is right now, the religion forums are falling further down the **** hole every day.
#WarOnDDO
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:00:32 PM
At 12/23/2014 9:58:40 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 9:29:30 PM, donald.keller wrote:

There is a program that is already started that could be temporarily adapted.

Adapting a program also takes time. Mikal has to take priority. He can't just do one thing first because people in the Religious forum wants it. Voting, setting up relations with Juggle, and setting up a program for the Polls and Opinions are also very important.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:00:57 PM
At 12/23/2014 10:00:17 PM, SNP1 wrote:

Even if it is further down the road, it would not be hard to contact the Religion Forum Ambassadors that Bladrunner set up. Maybe look at what he tried and give a couple recommendations until you can make your own plan. As it is right now, the religion forums are falling further down the **** hole every day.

My program is different than forum ambassadors but im setting it up entirely after this tourney finishes
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:04:07 PM
At 12/23/2014 10:00:57 PM, Mikal wrote:

My program is different than forum ambassadors but im setting it up entirely after this tourney finishes

It could very well be entirely different, but the other program is there now (falling apart, but there). You could easily give a couple recommendations to those that are part of that program to try and stabilize the religion forum temporarily, until you can get your plan in action. I understand that there are other things (tournaments, polls, opinions, voting, etc.), but those other things will still exist in a couple months. At the rate that the religion forums are falling, there won't be a religion forum that is worth saving in a couple months.
#WarOnDDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:55:36 PM
At 12/23/2014 10:04:07 PM, SNP1 wrote:

It could very well be entirely different, but the other program is there now (falling apart, but there). You could easily give a couple recommendations to those that are part of that program to try and stabilize the religion forum temporarily, until you can get your plan in action. I understand that there are other things (tournaments, polls, opinions, voting, etc.), but those other things will still exist in a couple months. At the rate that the religion forums are falling, there won't be a religion forum that is worth saving in a couple months.

I don't think there is a religious forum worth saving right NOW, let alone in a couple months....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:01:53 PM
At 12/23/2014 10:55:36 PM, imabench wrote:

I don't think there is a religious forum worth saving right NOW, let alone in a couple months....

With the influx of newer members on that forum that do not know jack, and some good members leaving (envisage), you might be right. I do, however, think that it has a chance at this point. In a couple months, it will not.
#WarOnDDO
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:10:30 PM

I understand the religion forum is a bash fest and a pulpit for trolls, but how would one
"fix" it?
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:13:04 PM
At 12/23/2014 11:10:30 PM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:

I understand the religion forum is a bash fest and a pulpit for trolls, but how would one
"fix" it?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:13:18 PM

"fix" it?

lemons

combustible lemons
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:17:06 PM
At 12/23/2014 11:13:18 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

"fix" it?

lemons

combustible lemons
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:17:36 PM
At 12/23/2014 11:17:06 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

"fix" it?

lemons

combustible lemons
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:25:10 PM
At 12/23/2014 11:17:36 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/23/2014 11:17:06 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

"fix" it?

lemons

combustible lemons

Now we add in the combustible limes as well.

Unless it doesn't work
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:41:48 PM

"fix" it?

Short run, something similar to the RFA. Long run, make it so you can be banned from certain sections of the forums. When members start trolling too much, ban them from the religion section for a certain period of time (maybe forever). When people cause flame wars too much, ban them. You can also give out warnings. Have a group similar to the RFA to monitor the situation.
#WarOnDDO
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 2:42:37 AM

Fuckk mirza. Old azz nigga. Did you forget that he supported Blade? No point pretending to be friend with someone who didn't even support you bro. Like I said, fuckk Mirza.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 8:03:39 AM

Nothing is wrong with chaos, I personally enjoy chaos. Embrace it!
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 8:08:13 AM

A few things:

(1) Bladerunner's program, as I understand it, was mostly run by bsh and mirza. Bsh stepped down as VP due to real life commitments. Mirza told Mikal that he is too busy with real life stuff to oversee the program, which ironically would be true even if blade had been elected. I don't know the remaining forum ambassadors are that you want us to reach out to. Let us know.

(2) The ambassador program, as Mirza described it during the election, was mostly aimed at stopping *fights* in the religion forum. It did not have specific plans for improving *content* in that forum. What you're asking for is a brand new initiative from the one blade set up, so it's going to take time to get going.

(3) Are you offering to be part of an initiative to start one good post in the religion forum per day and comment on it? If so, great, we'll include you in any future program. If not, the program is doomed to fail because everyone wants a better religion forum, but no one wants to take their own personal time to have more substantive and productive discussions about religion in that forum. Honestly, few people frequent the forums outside the "debate.org" forum. It's a problem endemic to almost all the forums, not just religion. Religion just gets the most hate because there is more *bad* content there; not just a lack of content.

(4) Your assertion that the religion forum will be "beyond saving" soon does not make sense. It's been bad for *years*, so your point is kind of non-unique, and anyway, a forum is not like a patient in a hospital. It cannot become "beyond saving" if you wait too long. It will just continue to be what it is now until someone fixes it.

(5) Airmax has also discussed another issue which might fix *some* of the problems in the religion forum. More details to come later.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 8:10:12 AM
At 12/24/2014 8:07:56 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I nominate myself for Religious Forum Ambassador.

Seconded! Don't let us down.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 8:12:54 AM
At 12/24/2014 8:10:12 AM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 12/24/2014 8:07:56 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I nominate myself for Religious Forum Ambassador.

Seconded! Don't let us down.