Jump to topic:

Blade-of-Truth Offical Statement and Ruling

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 6:30:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Even when mistakes happen, there are consequences. That is a basic rule of life. After a lengthy conversation with Airmax, he has decided that a temp-ban is not appropriate in this case, and I concur. While Airmax will certainly give this further thought, at this time he feels, as I do, that since BOT has been a longtime contributor with no history of this kind of thing, that in lieu of a temp ban, a probationary period is more appropriate. While in this state though, members have to be especially cognizant of their conduct since even minor infractions may lead to an extended ban. I, as well as Airmax, are confident though that this was simply a case of poor judgement on BOT's part, and that this was just a one time thing that wont happen again.

With that being said though, there will be an immediate consequence as it relates to his work within my administration. With a sad heart, I am removing BOT from any involvement with my admin. After I pushed for the bans of other members that committed similar acts, I must extend that same line of logic to him. He is a great friend and this pains me, but for my administration to have any legitimacy, and so that we can move beyond the drama and controversy lately that I am now committed to avoiding, this is what must take place.

I cannot in clear conscious have him work with new members, when he was ridiculing them in a thread. (Making fun of their win loss, etc) I do controversial things, but I would never harass someone on personal level anymore. I do enjoy bringing up things that spark discussion, and that is not to say that I don't have my own faults, but the one thing I cannot do though is tolerate or allow the type of attitude that was displayed last night as part of my current administration. I trusted him to be with me through the thick and the thin, maintain himself in a civil manner, and he broke that trust with his recent conduct.

I am also aware that he was doing this with the intent of protecting me. He felt as if someone was backstabbing me and causing me harm, and this was his attempt to defend me. That means the world to me that he would stick up for me like that, but I cannot condone or approve of how he went about doing it.

With that being said, he is on probation and no longer a part of my admin, I do hope he will continue his work independently and in some time he may be invited back in the future. I hope this issue never occurs again and from the people that were hurt by him you have both my and my administrations deepest apologies.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 6:39:49 PM
At 12/24/2014 6:35:52 PM, YYW wrote:
Not good enough.

If it occurs again, and he chooses to keep going then a extended ban will be issued. As for now Max has received his word that he will conduct himself in a better manner.
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 6:40:42 PM
Not good enough.

You seem upset.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 6:41:10 PM
Not good enough.

Note this is temporary and is still in review and can be changed at any point

I promised transparency regarding member conflicts. I felt this was best posted after all that occurred to let everyone know the outcome.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 6:46:56 PM
At 12/24/2014 6:41:10 PM, Mikal wrote:
Not good enough.

I promised transparency regarding member conflicts. I felt this was best posted after all that occurred to let everyone know the outcome.

I'll let the investigation take place before I comment any further, publicly.
Tsar of DDO
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 6:51:39 PM
At 12/24/2014 6:46:56 PM, YYW wrote:
Not good enough.

That's probably best... Handling hate with anger only leads to suffering. And suffering leads to the dark side.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:04:49 PM
At 12/24/2014 6:30:15 PM, Mikal wrote:
Even when mistakes happen, there are consequences. That is a basic rule of life. After a lengthy conversation with Airmax, he has decided that a temp-ban is not appropriate in this case, and I concur. While Airmax will certainly give this further thought, at this time he feels, as I do, that since BOT has been a longtime contributor with no history of this kind of thing, that in lieu of a temp ban, a probationary period is more appropriate. While in this state though, members have to be especially cognizant of their conduct since even minor infractions may lead to an extended ban. I, as well as Airmax, are confident though that this was simply a case of poor judgement on BOT's part, and that this was just a one time thing that wont happen again.

With that being said though, there will be an immediate consequence as it relates to his work within my administration. With a sad heart, I am removing BOT from any involvement with my admin. After I pushed for the bans of other members that committed similar acts, I must extend that same line of logic to him. He is a great friend and this pains me, but for my administration to have any legitimacy, and so that we can move beyond the drama and controversy lately that I am now committed to avoiding, this is what must take place.

I cannot in clear conscious have him work with new members, when he was ridiculing them in a thread. (Making fun of their win loss, etc) I do controversial things, but I would never harass someone on personal level anymore. I do enjoy bringing up things that spark discussion, and that is not to say that I don't have my own faults, but the one thing I cannot do though is tolerate or allow the type of attitude that was displayed last night as part of my current administration. I trusted him to be with me through the thick and the thin, maintain himself in a civil manner, and he broke that trust with his recent conduct.

I am also aware that he was doing this with the intent of protecting me. He felt as if someone was backstabbing me and causing me harm, and this was his attempt to defend me. That means the world to me that he would stick up for me like that, but I cannot condone or approve of how he went about doing it.

With that being said, he is on probation and no longer a part of my admin, I do hope he will continue his work independently and in some time he may be invited back in the future. I hope this issue never occurs again and from the people that were hurt by him you have both my and my administrations deepest apologies.

It only seems fair , remember you can always ask me with any administration efforts and I will try to help if it is within my reach and capabilities.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:09:41 PM
I am truly sorry for my actions last night. What I did was both wrong and incredibly out of character. I can sit here and say it was because I was drunk, but that is no excuse. I've lost my position within the Administration, and am on probation for a month. I feel terrible about dragging innocent bystanders into this with my condescending and hurtful comments. To everyone who I unfortunately dragged into this or responded rudely too, I am truly sorry. I never do this kind of thing and I feel terrible for hurting those who at one point respected me.

Nothing can take back what I said, but what I can do is try my hardest to make amends for my behavior last night and I am going to try my best at doing so. I've already apologized to a few of you, and I really mean it - what I did wasn't cool at all. I really had good intentions, I just wanted to protect Mikal and felt that someone needed to do so, especially after all the attacks on him the past few days. I did so in a terrible manner though, and have fully accepted my punishment. I understand that I brought this upon myself, and just hope that over the next few weeks I can try to correct any harms or damage I might have caused.

To everyone who I offended, I am truly sorry. I will not, however, apologize to YYW. His remarks about my bipolar disorder are beyond forgiveness. I am self-imposing a block from communications with him, and feel that due to us both being the type who doesn't back down - that ignoring him would be the best course of action. I will not, nor ever again, publicly antagonize YYW.

I hope that those of you who I responded to rudely will accept my apology, and know that I will do whatever I can in my power to make amends. I promise on my two cats, the only things that I truly love in this world, that I will never do this again. I just hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:11:35 PM
At 12/24/2014 7:09:41 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I am truly sorry for my actions last night. What I did was both wrong and incredibly out of character. I can sit here and say it was because I was drunk, but that is no excuse. I've lost my position within the Administration, and am on probation for a month. I feel terrible about dragging innocent bystanders into this with my condescending and hurtful comments. To everyone who I unfortunately dragged into this or responded rudely too, I am truly sorry. I never do this kind of thing and I feel terrible for hurting those who at one point respected me.

Nothing can take back what I said, but what I can do is try my hardest to make amends for my behavior last night and I am going to try my best at doing so. I've already apologized to a few of you, and I really mean it - what I did wasn't cool at all. I really had good intentions, I just wanted to protect Mikal and felt that someone needed to do so, especially after all the attacks on him the past few days. I did so in a terrible manner though, and have fully accepted my punishment. I understand that I brought this upon myself, and just hope that over the next few weeks I can try to correct any harms or damage I might have caused.

To everyone who I offended, I am truly sorry. I will not, however, apologize to YYW. His remarks about my bipolar disorder are beyond forgiveness. I am self-imposing a block from communications with him, and feel that due to us both being the type who doesn't back down - that ignoring him would be the best course of action. I will not, nor ever again, publicly antagonize YYW.

I hope that those of you who I responded to rudely will accept my apology, and know that I will do whatever I can in my power to make amends. I promise on my two cats, the only things that I truly love in this world, that I will never do this again. I just hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

And now you are going to publicly lie about what happened...

You continue to disgrace yourself, Addison.
Tsar of DDO
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:15:03 PM
At 12/24/2014 7:11:35 PM, YYW wrote:

I have no desire, nor intent on talking to you from this point on. Just stay away from me and I'll do the same. You can continue to bash me if you'd like, but I'm actually trying to apologize to those who I hurt unfairly last night. That's all.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:16:18 PM
At 12/24/2014 7:11:35 PM, YYW wrote:

Dude, just let it go.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:25:04 PM

*Slaps Addison*
Cheer up and drink with Yama!
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:32:16 PM
Not good enough.

Stoppit. http://makeameme.org...

Srsly.

This should be below you. Idfunderstand. He was like, "btch, you fake," and you're like, "fvck you hoe, you better shut that shitt up before I snatch out that weave."

Stop.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 7:59:56 PM
At 12/24/2014 6:40:42 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
Not good enough.

You seem upset.

hue.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 8:03:08 PM

To everyone who I offended, I am truly sorry. I will not, however, apologize to YYW. His remarks about my bipolar disorder are beyond forgiveness. I am self-imposing a block from communications with him, and feel that due to us both being the type who doesn't back down - that ignoring him would be the best coffee urse of action. I will not, nor ever again, publicly antagonize YYW.

I still love you. Even though I'm terrible at debating.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 8:18:59 PM
Not good enough.

Dude if people were heavily punished for first offenses, you and I would both have been perm-banned a long time ago...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
BoggyDag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 1:40:29 AM
At 12/24/2014 8:18:59 PM, imabench wrote:
Not good enough.

Dude if people were heavily punished for first offenses, you and I would both have been perm-banned a long time ago...

Here's the protectionism again.
If an OFFICIAL in the real world messes up, it has to have serious consequences, no matter how OFTEN he's messed up before. Just removing them from office makes it seem like an official position is some kind of shield. But our officials need to be role models, and their punishment must be more severe to set an example for others.
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 1:48:42 AM
At 12/25/2014 1:40:29 AM, BoggyDag wrote:
Not good enough.

If an OFFICIAL in the real world messes up, it has to have serious consequences, no matter how OFTEN he's messed up before. Just removing them from office makes it seem like an official position is some kind of shield. But our officials need to be role models, and their punishment must be more severe to set an example for others.

Im sorry but what post did BOT hold again?
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 2:03:18 AM
At 12/24/2014 6:51:39 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 12/24/2014 6:46:56 PM, YYW wrote:
Not good enough.

That's probably best... Handling hate with anger only leads to suffering. And suffering leads to the dark side.

Star Wars ftw?? O.o
XD
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
BoggyDag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 2:06:45 AM
At 12/25/2014 1:48:42 AM, VelCrow wrote:

At 12/11/2014 11:22:23 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
This, I believe (and MIkal can object if he disagrees) is a good summary on the two campaigns.

Just to clarify,

in Mkal's campaign it's Mikal for President, Bench for VP and bluesteel for Chief of Staff,

So, the position was "Chief of Staff". Please try to keep up with the site's politics.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 2:52:54 AM
Not good enough.

No, it's not about severity. Our officials' punishments must be fair, if anything. Putting officials up to a different standard of law is condoning class discrimination. An official committing an error should be punished (or not) like any other citizen.
Senpai has noticed you.
BoggyDag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 2:57:39 AM
At 12/25/2014 2:52:54 AM, Beginner wrote:
Not good enough.

No, it's not about severity. Our officials' punishments must be fair, if anything. Putting officials up to a different standard of law is condoning class discrimination. An official committing an error should be punished (or not) like any other citizen.

I disagree. Officials were given PRIVILEGES to begin with, and in breaking the rules they ADDITIONALLY abuse their privileges. Hence, they commit TWO offenses at the same time, and must be punished for BOTH. Which results in more severe punishment BECAUSE that is fair.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 3:02:35 AM
At 12/25/2014 2:57:39 AM, BoggyDag wrote:
I disagree. Officials were given PRIVILEGES to begin with, and in breaking the rules they ADDITIONALLY abuse their privileges. Hence, they commit TWO offenses at the same time, and must be punished for BOTH. Which results in more severe punishment BECAUSE that is fair.
"abuse their privilege" implies that the official broke a rule that can only be broken from that particular position.
It cannot be more severe than if the person was not an official since the infraction must have been unique to the officials' position to begin with.
Unless.. are you saying that official should be punished more severely than non-officials for the same crime in both nature and degree?
Senpai has noticed you.
BoggyDag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 3:18:44 AM
At 12/25/2014 3:02:35 AM, Beginner wrote:
At 12/25/2014 2:57:39 AM, BoggyDag wrote:
"abuse their privilege" implies that the official broke a rule that can only be broken from that particular position.
It cannot be more severe than if the person was not an official since the infraction must have been unique to the officials' position to begin with.
Unless.. are you saying that official should be punished more severely than non-officials for the same crime in both nature and degree?

I quite agree. And that is the case here:
I'm saying that due to the official position, BOT's voice has more weight. People less in the know will be inclined to believe him more, making the allegations against YYW worse than if they had come from any unknown member. If I were to post something like that, people would just shake their head. But if the current Chief Of Staff of Mikal's administration spreads stuff like that, it's a serious thing.

Same goes for the insults against new users: If any newbie insults other newbies, it's a little hassle. If one of the high and mighty does it, it's a damning judgement, bound to deliver serious damage to those person's minds. They will feel unworthy and possibly leave the site. It's some big time cyber-bullying, that's what it is.

Both are feats only an official can achieve with that ease.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 3:26:37 AM
At 12/25/2014 3:21:37 AM, Beginner wrote:
Same crime. Different degree. Got it.

Pssh, my reading comprehension is terrible at this hour of the day.
Crime: Some crime
Additional crime: unintended greater impact caused indirectly by holding a position of power.
I believe that's what you're saying.
Now I've got it. I hope. :)
Senpai has noticed you.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 3:29:15 AM
At 12/25/2014 2:06:45 AM, BoggyDag wrote:
At 12/25/2014 1:48:42 AM, VelCrow wrote:

At 12/11/2014 11:22:23 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
This, I believe (and MIkal can object if he disagrees) is a good summary on the two campaigns.

Just to clarify,

in Mkal's campaign it's Mikal for President, Bench for VP and bluesteel for Chief of Staff,

So, the position was "Chief of Staff". Please try to keep up with the site's politics.

Bluesteel and Blade-of-Truth are different people. Bluesteel is the Chief of Staff, and is not involved in the matter. Blade-of-Truth (BOT), was in charge of Mikal's voting initiatives, and it was BOT that caused the hullabaloo. So, your slightly off there, though it is correct to say that someone in Mikal's administration did commit some offense.

This isn't a value judgment--though I am extremely hurt by BOT's comments--it is merely a correction of your facts.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...