Jump to topic:

Background checks..

DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 2:57:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have asked the moderator (through the 'report this profile' facility) to confirm that a DDO 'member' is who he/she purports to be..

1) Am I likely to receive a response any time this life time? (it's been over a week already)

2) Can I hire an online 'snoop' to do background checks on DDO members?
a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 3:58:19 AM
At 6/1/2010 2:57:33 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
I have asked the moderator (through the 'report this profile' facility) to confirm that a DDO 'member' is who he/she purports to be..

1) Am I likely to receive a response any time this life time? (it's been over a week already)

a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?

I understand that like most members of your sect you view outsiders with malevolent disgust, however the fortunate thing is that if you persist with this sort of behaviour we have a little something called the law. You could stand to loose money, or liberty and thats not even the end of it. Keep your hatred to petty forum disputes.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:47:31 AM

a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?

Your still on this F***ing rant...this is absoplutely pathetic dude even for you. JCMT is JCMT, hell he isnt even that active anymore so why do you care. JCMT is JCMT, AFT is AFT, IM BQP. Online 'snoops' arent illegal but many, even the US Court System under the Internet Security Act find it wrong as it invades privacy without prior notice. Ethical, hell fing no. Will he mind? Im sure.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 8:33:59 AM
Ask a lawyer. I see no ethical prohibition personally, except the fact it's a f***ing waste of time.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 11:08:38 AM
At 6/1/2010 8:33:59 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Ask a lawyer. I see no ethical prohibition personally, except the fact it's a f***ing waste of time.

How it could ever be that important to someone says more about the snooper than it does the snoopie.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 12:06:37 PM

Probably not, though if he does it will just be something like "JCMT has confirmed himself with a cell phone"

I think so.
a) Is this legal?

As long as you don't find out personal details (E.g. address) of someone I'd say it's legal. I think the ISP is a safe marker of the line you don't cross.

b) Is this ethical?

As a Christian, no.

c) will JCMT mind?

Probably not. Hell, ask him to post his Facebook, or myspace o rwhatever. I'm sure he'll oblige.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:02:52 AM
At 6/1/2010 3:58:19 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?

I understand that like most members of your sect you view outsiders with malevolent disgust, however the fortunate thing is that if you persist with this sort of behaviour we have a little something called the law. You could stand to loose money, or liberty and thats not even the end of it. Keep your hatred to petty forum disputes.

Mmm.. WHY so touchy? afraid it'll be YOU first? you've certainly put yourserlf to the top of my list with this post!
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:06:12 AM
At 6/1/2010 6:47:31 AM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?

Your still on this F***ing rant...this is absoplutely pathetic dude even for you. JCMT is JCMT, hell he isnt even that active anymore so why do you care. JCMT is JCMT, AFT is AFT, IM BQP. Online 'snoops' arent illegal but many, even the US Court System under the Internet Security Act find it wrong as it invades privacy without prior notice. Ethical, hell fing no. Will he mind? Im sure.

AH BUT this is just my point! HAS JCMT been inactive? or HAS he been operating under assumed identities?
He is one bitter little sore loser, let me tell you..
I mean to expose him, discredit him and finish him.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:07:30 AM

It's my time, and money.. how much do you reckon?
Anyone on DDO up to it?
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:09:23 AM
At 6/1/2010 11:08:38 AM, innomen wrote:

How it could ever be that important to someone says more about the snooper than it does the snoopie.

It's important if someone uses an assumed identity to act in a disgraceful, underhand manner AND keeps the his DDO integrity by doing so..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:10:23 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:02:52 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?

Mmm.. WHY so touchy? afraid it'll be YOU first? you've certainly put yourserlf to the top of my list with this post!

On your head be it.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:12:01 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:09:23 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

It's important if someone uses an assumed identity to act in a disgraceful, underhand manner AND keeps the his DDO integrity by doing so..

If I learn someone has had their personal privacy invaded and is being harassed as a result of your actions then you will face consequences.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:12:38 AM
At 6/1/2010 12:06:37 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Probably not, though if he does it will just be something like "JCMT has confirmed himself with a cell phone"
No, dougnut.. I know JMCT is JMCT.. I want to know who ELSE he is..

I think so.
Ta.
a) Is this legal?

As long as you don't find out personal details (E.g. address) of someone I'd say it's legal. I think the ISP is a safe marker of the line you don't cross.
ISP?
b) Is this ethical?

As a Christian, no.
Why?
c) will JCMT mind?

Probably not. Hell, ask him to post his Facebook, or myspace o rwhatever. I'm sure he'll oblige.
Please refer to first answer above..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:14:04 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:10:23 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?

On your head be it.

OR on JCMT's!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:14:56 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:14:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?

On your head be it.

OR on JCMT's!

You will be the guy in the prison cell.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:16:27 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:12:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

If I learn someone has had their personal privacy invaded and is being harassed as a result of your actions then you will face consequences.

It'll be the simplest of checks; like confirming that you are posting from Highgate, London, for example..
Everyone who is telling the truth has nothing to fear..
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:18:22 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:14:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/2/2010 3:14:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?

On your head be it.

OR on JCMT's!

You will be the guy in the prison cell.

that's SO sweet! you actually care whether I go to prison?
altogether now; AAHHHHHHH..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:22:36 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:16:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

It'll be the simplest of checks; like confirming that you are posting from Highgate, London, for example..

It's not relevant to you or anyone where I am posting from.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:30:50 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:22:36 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

OH but it is if it happens to be Decatur, Illinois, United States.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:42:59 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:30:50 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

You got me, I just love soybeans.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:45:31 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:42:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/2/2010 3:30:50 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

You got me, I just love soybeans.

We'll see.
The Cross.. the Cross.
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:27:40 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:06:12 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/1/2010 6:47:31 AM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:

a) Is this legal?
b) Is this ethical?
c) will JCMT mind?

AH BUT this is just my point! HAS JCMT been inactive? or HAS he been operating under assumed identities?
He is one bitter little sore loser, let me tell you..
I mean to expose him, discredit him and finish him.

To "finish" him you need to bring his health bar to a minimum, and when the Narrator says "Fatality" you kick him off a ledge. Other than that i cant help you.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 10:13:43 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:07:30 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Anyone on DDO up to it?

why don't you spend it helping cure lepers rather than indulging in your little witch-hunt for a person you have a personal vendetta against.

I'm sure the J-mangod only ever flipped over pews/stalls once in his rage (and I'm sure you'd agree his was more righteous)... all the rest of the time was spent saving and curing people (and topping up wine glasses :)

perhaps you should instead put your time and money towards health clinics and vineyards?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 2:49:47 AM
At 6/2/2010 10:13:43 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Anyone on DDO up to it?

why don't you spend it helping cure lepers rather than indulging in your little witch-hunt for a person you have a personal vendetta against.

I'm sure the J-mangod only ever flipped over pews/stalls once in his rage (and I'm sure you'd agree his was more righteous)... all the rest of the time was spent saving and curing people (and topping up wine glasses :)

perhaps you should instead put your time and money towards health clinics and vineyards?

When you have accepted that 2+2=4 (Jesus is God) then you may attempt to lecture me on algebra. (the finer points of Christian grace etc)

Until then..

Toodle pip.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 3:06:17 AM
At 6/4/2010 2:49:47 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Anyone on DDO up to it?

When you have accepted that 2+2=4 (Jesus is God) then you may attempt to lecture me on algebra. (the finer points of Christian grace etc)

Until then..

Toodle pip.

There is a thing in this world known as "assuming for the sake of argument." You ought to try it, supposedly this God fellow of yours created the world after all, surely you would not refuse to hold the splendorous epistemology he has created for it :0
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 9:02:40 AM
Datc, make a list of who you suspect, and I'm sure they can give you a facebook page.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 9:06:19 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:12:38 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

The replace JCMT with whoever you suspect. JCMT was an example, doughnut.

a) Is this legal?

ISP?

An ISPN is an abbreviation, but basically is like someones internet fingerprint, and is usually unique to each house.

b) Is this ethical?

As a Christian, no.
Why?

Oh, with the millions starving to death, infected with disease and whatnot, you're concerned with finding out if a member on Debate.org is multi-accounting. I don't think Jesus would approve in how you're using your time and energy.

c) will JCMT mind?

Ditto.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 2:38:44 AM
At 6/4/2010 3:06:17 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 6/4/2010 2:49:47 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Anyone on DDO up to it?

Until then..

Toodle pip.

There is a thing in this world known as "assuming for the sake of argument." You ought to try it, supposedly this God fellow of yours created the world after all, surely you would not refuse to hold the splendorous epistemology he has created for it :0

I guess you know what you mean.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 2:40:11 AM
At 6/5/2010 9:06:19 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/2/2010 3:12:38 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

The replace JCMT with whoever you suspect. JCMT was an example, doughnut.

a) Is this legal?

ISP?

An ISPN is an abbreviation, but basically is like someones internet fingerprint, and is usually unique to each house.

b) Is this ethical?

As a Christian, no.
Why?

Oh, with the millions starving to death, infected with disease and whatnot, you're concerned with finding out if a member on Debate.org is multi-accounting. I don't think Jesus would approve in how you're using your time and energy.

c) will JCMT mind?

Ditto.

I have a few suspects that I will investigate privately and then I'll post the results here.
The Cross.. the Cross.