Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Fair Voting

Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:10:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think it's absurd that I'm losing this debate. Clearly, there was a lot of votebombing.

http://www.debate.org...

Post any debates you want to have reconsidered in this forum.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:04:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Looking back, I at first thought that my opponent had simply succeeded at deceiving the voters. Apparently, there was vote-bombing, too, even by my opponent, twice. Of course, this is an old debate, but still...

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 8:30:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The one debate where the results are tied, there was vote-bombing. It was very unfair. My lost debates, except the one with gun control and the philosophical topic, are with unfair votes, too, especially the one I debated with mongoose.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 9:58:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/8/2010 8:26:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
You kids don't know vote bombing! Why back in my day.......

Looks somewhat VB'ed http://www.debate.org...

One vote-bomb against you? That's pathetic. Take a look at this one:
http://www.Debate.org...

What's especially strange is that the Texas Delegation was the only group not to vote seven points.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 10:01:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/8/2010 8:30:45 AM, Mirza wrote:
The one debate where the results are tied, there was vote-bombing. It was very unfair. My lost debates, except the one with gun control and the philosophical topic, are with unfair votes, too, especially the one I debated with mongoose.

The one with mongoose doesn't look too bad. You got two seven-point votes, and mongoose got one.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 10:05:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Of course, Panda, I really don't think you're much of an expert on vote-bombing, given what you've said before...

At 1/22/2010 6:41:31 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Votebombing - When an individual or a group vote against someone for reasons other than the debate content.

Lwerd - A regular who was votebombed and then counter vote bombed.

Phil - The sites moderator and owner

Vi_Veri - Lwerds girlfriend

Mongeese - Supposedly votebombd, has votebombed the lwerd, twin of mongoose

Mongoose - Twin of Mongeese, vote bombed theLwerd.

DDOFans & DDOWiki - Fan sites run by Me, Frodobaggisn and Wjmelements

^ Slander, libel, bias. Basically, DDO's version of CNN.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 2:49:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/8/2010 10:01:00 AM, mongeese wrote:
The one with mongoose doesn't look too bad. You got two seven-point votes, and mongoose got one.
I find it unfair when someone votes for himself, even though his opponents cannot do it. Also, I think there was too much battle of resolution, instead of just refuting my arguments.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:37:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/8/2010 2:49:24 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/8/2010 10:01:00 AM, mongeese wrote:
The one with mongoose doesn't look too bad. You got two seven-point votes, and mongoose got one.
I find it unfair when someone votes for himself, even though his opponents cannot do it. Also, I think there was too much battle of resolution, instead of just refuting my arguments.

You could probably ask for him to remove it, although given the way seven-point votes have been adding up, he may not agree to.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 6:40:01 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/8/2010 6:37:46 PM, mongeese wrote:
You could probably ask for him to remove it, although given the way seven-point votes have been adding up, he may not agree to.
The debate is over. And you can remove your vote?

Also, losing or winning is not the thing here. I just dislike unfair actions.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 11:12:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

I posted a piece of evidence in round two that negates the resolution and is impossible to counter, yet I'm losing.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown