innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 11:22:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Does everyone get these private messages on DDO?:

Hello Dear,
My name is favour Buba ,i saw your profile today at (www.debate.org) and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.
Here is my email address (favourbuba(at)hotmail.com)
I believe we can move from here!
I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.
favour.
(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)

please try and reply with this my email address,

favourbuba(at)hotmail.com
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 11:43:41 AM
I've never gotten a single one of these. is it because I'm Irish, or just out of their league?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 11:47:49 AM
At 6/5/2010 11:43:41 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I've never gotten a single one of these. is it because I'm Irish, or just out of their league?
The trolls think that you are the zombie on your avatar?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 11:48:47 AM
At 6/5/2010 11:47:49 AM, Mirza wrote:
The trolls think that you are the zombie on your avatar?

Hey now, I'm also a zombie here http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 11:49:00 AM

I get them a lot, and they're barking up the wrong tree. I'll send em your way Panda; i think they're Russian women, you seem to like that/
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 11:51:14 AM
At 6/5/2010 11:50:33 AM, innomen wrote:
Actually i just looked at her profile (favour55) on DDO, she's interested in women. Hello Thelewrd!
Don't frighten her...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 11:52:02 AM
At 6/5/2010 11:50:33 AM, innomen wrote:
Actually i just looked at her profile (favour55) on DDO, she's interested in women. Hello Thelewrd!

Threesome much?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 11:52:22 AM
At 6/5/2010 11:49:00 AM, innomen wrote:

I get them a lot, and they're barking up the wrong tree. I'll send em your way Panda; i think they're Russian women, you seem to like that/

In Soviet Russia, Girl rapes YOU!
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 11:54:03 AM
At 6/5/2010 11:52:22 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

In Soviet Russia Girls don't look like Girls.
frenchmoosetwo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:03:43 PM
At 6/5/2010 11:54:03 AM, innomen wrote:

and with these 2 posts the soviet russia thread could have hit 100 posts
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:06:20 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:03:43 PM, frenchmoosetwo wrote:
At 6/5/2010 11:54:03 AM, innomen wrote:

and with these 2 posts the soviet russia thread could have hit 100 posts

And you know...I'm probably the only one here that actually was in Soviet Russia (horrible place).
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:08:06 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:06:20 PM, innomen wrote:
And you know...I'm probably the only one here that actually was in Soviet Russia (horrible place).
I think you would have had it fine in SFRY. Communist, but much better.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:12:38 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:08:06 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/5/2010 12:06:20 PM, innomen wrote:
I think you would have had it fine in SFRY. Communist, but much better.

Probably, other than it being the ugliest place i had ever traveled, the people were...well not the most warm.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:15:33 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:12:38 PM, innomen wrote:
Probably, other than it being the ugliest place i had ever traveled, the people were...well not the most warm.
I find it very interesting that two communist countries were that different. Yugoslavia was a quite developed country, and people could travel everywhere. They were also very welcoming, too. My family/relatives all say that they loved living under Tito's rule. His form of communism is called Titoism.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:20:30 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:15:33 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/5/2010 12:12:38 PM, innomen wrote:
I find it very interesting that two communist countries were that different. Yugoslavia was a quite developed country, and people could travel everywhere. They were also very welcoming, too. My family/relatives all say that they loved living under Tito's rule. His form of communism is called Titoism.

Oddly enough, in all my studies at my school in Boston, the sections concerning Tito and Yugoslavia were fairly positive. While studying in Moscow, not a word was said about the country or the ruler.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:23:11 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:20:30 PM, innomen wrote:
Oddly enough, in all my studies at my school in Boston, the sections concerning Tito and Yugoslavia were fairly positive. While studying in Moscow, not a word was said about the country or the ruler.
I believe that is because the leader(s) did not want people to know about a better form of communism.

I know that communism is seen as something negative, and I generally disagree with the ideology, but I find Titoism to be very positive, and something that can work very well in the modern world.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:28:00 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:23:11 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/5/2010 12:20:30 PM, innomen wrote:
I believe that is because the leader(s) did not want people to know about a better form of communism.

I know that communism is seen as something negative, and I generally disagree with the ideology, but I find Titoism to be very positive, and something that can work very well in the modern world.

Partially yes. There is a combination of a very old culture and the particular government/economic system that makes people the way they are. A problem with something like Titoism, once there is no more Tito, there is less of a chance of th ism remaining as well.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:33:21 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:28:00 PM, innomen wrote:
Partially yes. There is a combination of a very old culture and the particular government/economic system that makes people the way they are. A problem with something like Titoism, once there is no more Tito, there is less of a chance of th ism remaining as well.
I agree. The collapse of Yugoslavia was evident.

When did you live in USSR? Have you heard of political conflicts between it and Yugoslavia? There were many.

I admire Tito's braveness. He said something that is legendary, as a response to Stalin:

"Stop sending people to kill me. We've already captured five of them, one of them with a bomb and another with a rifle - If you don't stop sending killers, I'll send one to Moscow, and I won't have to send a second."
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:42:27 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:33:21 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/5/2010 12:28:00 PM, innomen wrote:
I agree. The collapse of Yugoslavia was evident.

When did you live in USSR? Have you heard of political conflicts between it and Yugoslavia? There were many.

I admire Tito's braveness. He said something that is legendary, as a response to Stalin:

"Stop sending people to kill me. We've already captured five of them, one of them with a bomb and another with a rifle - If you don't stop sending killers, I'll send one to Moscow, and I won't have to send a second."

It was in the 80's with Gorbechev and perestroika. I was there with a professor and some students, and we were in Moscow mostly (terrible terrible place). By then the relations with Yugoslavia were normalized to some extent, but i remember the rift (I mean studying it, i'm not that old!).
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:46:55 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:42:27 PM, innomen wrote:
It was in the 80's with Gorbechev and perestroika. I was there with a professor and some students, and we were in Moscow mostly (terrible terrible place). By then the relations with Yugoslavia were normalized to some extent, but i remember the rift (I mean studying it, i'm not that old!).
The conflicts were mostly during Tito's rule, so yes, you did not see much about that over there.

I am glad that Tito never allowed Yugoslavia to be ruled by USSR at all. Yugoslavia remained neutral during the Cold War, and had a very powerful military. Soviet Russians would face tough times in a war against Yugoslavia, without use of nuclear bombs, of course.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 12:53:09 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:46:55 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/5/2010 12:42:27 PM, innomen wrote:
The conflicts were mostly during Tito's rule, so yes, you did not see much about that over there.

I am glad that Tito never allowed Yugoslavia to be ruled by USSR at all. Yugoslavia remained neutral during the Cold War, and had a very powerful military. Soviet Russians would face tough times in a war against Yugoslavia, without use of nuclear bombs, of course.

You know...the military strength of Yugoslavia was never really explained when i studied the whole thing. It was kind of odd that the Soviets didn't take Yugoslavia or Albania for that matter. Some of it was believed not to be the actual military strength in technology or even numbers but the character of the fighters and leaders. Unlike the rest of eastern Europe, they would never ever submit - or so was the thinking.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 1:00:34 PM
At 6/5/2010 12:53:09 PM, innomen wrote:
You know...the military strength of Yugoslavia was never really explained when i studied the whole thing. It was kind of odd that the Soviets didn't take Yugoslavia or Albania for that matter. Some of it was believed not to be the actual military strength in technology or even numbers but the character of the fighters and leaders. Unlike the rest of eastern Europe, they would never ever submit - or so was the thinking.
I think that the communists in USSR were too uninformed.

Tito did have a great and strong character, but Yugoslavia did indeed have a powerful military. It was probably among the world's best. But Yugoslavia solved problems diplomatically, not militarily. The leaders today should look at it as an example of good politics.

Google this: Zeljava air base - Open in Wikipedia (I cannot copy-paste a Bosnian letter.)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 1:07:12 PM
At 6/5/2010 1:00:34 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 6/5/2010 12:53:09 PM, innomen wrote:
I think that the communists in USSR were too uninformed.

Tito did have a great and strong character, but Yugoslavia did indeed have a powerful military. It was probably among the world's best. But Yugoslavia solved problems diplomatically, not militarily. The leaders today should look at it as an example of good politics.

Google this: Zeljava air base - Open in Wikipedia (I cannot copy-paste a Bosnian letter.)

The information in the Soviet Union was tightly controlled. I don't doubt that the Soviet intelligence knew full well the strength of Tito's army. When we were there the things that we heard about the US was so funny, but i don't doubt the people that needed to know the truth did know the truth. Interesting about the airbase - i had no idea.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 1:17:36 PM
At 6/5/2010 1:07:12 PM, innomen wrote:
The information in the Soviet Union was tightly controlled. I don't doubt that the Soviet intelligence knew full well the strength of Tito's army. When we were there the things that we heard about the US was so funny, but i don't doubt the people that needed to know the truth did know the truth.
Have you been to Russia after the collapse of USSR? I wish to go there some day.

Interesting about the airbase - i had no idea.
Yes. SFRY had a powerful army, no doubt about that. they had some parades, too. the video is one in 1985.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 1:18:58 PM
Now, many of the former republics of Yugoslavia are in conflict with their own people. They had almost everything a country needed. Now they blame each other for a war that happened between them, spread nationalism, etc.