Moderator Update.

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:15:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey DDO!

I hope everyone is well and had an enjoyable and safe holiday.

I figured I should give a brief update on some of the things going on lately.

I'd like to thank Mikal for the work he is putting into several projects and I look forward to continuing to work with him. He mentioned most of this in his recent update, so I wont rehash those things.

As he mentioned, we are continuing to work on the Read Me sticky, so if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, they are always welcome to contact either of us.

As for the other issues of late, I think everything that needs to be said, has been said, so I don't feel it's productive to add my own thoughts to it.

Tangentially to that though, is the issue of focusing on some of the greater problems the site faces from a moderation standpoint. I generally like to be discrete in my actions and do not want to become an overbearing presence or over-moderate the site. But there are things I believe can be improved, and Bladerunner has been a great help so far on that end.

In addition to the assistant moderator Bladerunner, I have asked Whiteflame to be a forum specific "junior moderator". His role will be entirely to oversee the religion forum and to deal with the issues there.

I am fully cognizant of the fact that I have been stretched too thin to deal with much of what has taken place in the religion forum and that has to change.

Let me be clear here, this isn't about controversial topics or heated conversations - those are absolutely fine and that is not something that will be changing. This is about the absolute worst conduct that happens to take place, and that is in the religion forum. It's constant personal attacks, nonsense flamewars, and the very worst that this site has to offer. I am often embarrassed by what I see, and that is now going to change.

I have complete confidence in Whiteflame to oversee that forum and to communicate with members that continue to be a problem. I know he will keep me updated on anything that need my attention, and that whatever he suggests will be thoughtful and prudent.

While everything ultimately will be my call, I know that Whiteflame is a responsible and thoughtful member that will take his responsibilities as a moderator seriously. I know that he understands how I approach things, and that with his eyes being specifically dedicated to improving that forum, that a positive change is imminent.

The days of the wild west religion forum need to stop. The types of things I have seen there in just the past week are an embarrassment for the whole site and those guilty of it are now going to stop, or they will be removed from the site.

I know that Whiteflame is serious and dedicated to this, and I'd like to thank him for his assistance.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at any time.

Thank you.
Debate.org Moderator
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:19:06 PM
Poor whiteflame. May God have mercy on his soul.

I will pray for him
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:21:14 PM
Will a feature be added to notify you when a reply was made to a forum topic. In mafia that would be helpful. Just a simple notification of x replies made to this topic since you last posted or something. Instead of multiple ones. There are
probably some other uses for it tho
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:23:01 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:21:14 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Will a feature be added to notify you when a reply was made to a forum topic. In mafia that would be helpful. Just a simple notification of x replies made to this topic since you last posted or something. Instead of multiple ones. There are
probably some other uses for it tho

Good idea... I'll consider that.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:23:11 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:21:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/27/2014 5:15:33 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Happy birthday. :3

Thank you.
Debate.org Moderator
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:24:04 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:19:06 PM, thett3 wrote:

I will pray for him
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:26:25 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:24:04 PM, RevNge wrote:

I will pray for him
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:34:01 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:33:25 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
tl;dr?

Whiteflame is a new mod with the responsibility to oversee the religion forum
Debate.org Moderator
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:34:31 PM

I will pray for him
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:35:41 PM

I will pray for him

Loving all the good faith I'm getting here :P

Anyway, thanks for the introductory post, airmax. I have no doubt that this is going to be a difficult process, but it does need to be done. I haven't spent much time on the religion forum, but I'm well aware of the kinds of issues that pervade it. I'll do my best to improve on how it is progressing and try to make it a receptive place for discussion and debate to occur on a reasonable level.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:37:28 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:34:01 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 12/27/2014 5:33:25 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
tl;dr?

Whiteflame is a new mod with the responsibility to oversee the religion forum

Oh... Dio mio, abbi pieta della mia anima, ti prego.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:44:27 PM
The days of the wild west religion forum need to stop. The types of things I have seen there in just the past week are an embarrassment for the whole site and those guilty of it are now going to stop, or they will be removed from the site.
I know that Whiteflame is serious and dedicated to this, and I'd like to thank him for his assistance.

I would like to help in making the religion forum a better place. How can I help?
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:46:41 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:44:27 PM, That1User wrote:

I would like to help in making the religion forum a better place. How can I help?

I would always appreciate more help in monitoring the forum. If you find anyone doing something that violates the TOS, send me a message about it and I'll investigate. I'd extend this same message to anyone who wishes to help: talk to me first, rather than immediately reporting it. I'll do what I can, and if there's a need, I'll pass it on to airmax for further action to be taken.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:49:58 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:21:33 PM, RevNge wrote:
Happy birthday. :3
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:50:40 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:35:41 PM, whiteflame wrote:

I will pray for him

Anyway, thanks for the introductory post, airmax. I have no doubt that this is going to be a difficult process, but it does need to be done. I haven't spent much time on the religion forum, but I'm well aware of the kinds of issues that pervade it. I'll do my best to improve on how it is progressing and try to make it a receptive place for discussion and debate to occur on a reasonable level.

If you find a troll who you need someone to deal with.......
......... Let me give you my business card.......
*Hands whiteflame a cupcake with frosting in the shape of Olaf from Frozen on it*
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:52:01 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:50:40 PM, imabench wrote:

I will pray for him

*Hands whiteflame a cupcake with frosting in the shape of Olaf from Frozen on it*

Best... business card... ever.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:52:36 PM

I will pray for him

Ima in the Religion forum?

Sh*t just got real.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 6:14:08 PM
At 12/27/2014 5:52:36 PM, RevNge wrote:

I will pray for him

Ima in the Religion forum?

Sh*t just got real.

Ima goes there regularly to lurk... I see everything.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 6:16:16 PM
Hey DDO!

I'd like to thank Mikal for the work he is putting into several projects and I look forward to continuing to work with him. He mentioned most of this in his recent update, so I wont rehash those things.

As he mentioned, we are continuing to work on the Read Me sticky, so if anyone has any suggestions or ideas, they are always welcome to contact either of us.

As for the other issues of late, I think everything that needs to be said, has been said, so I don't feel it's productive to add my own thoughts to it.

Tangentially to that though, is the issue of focusing on some of the greater problems the site faces from a moderation standpoint. I generally like to be discrete in my actions and do not want to become an overbearing presence or over-moderate the site. But there are things I believe can be improved, and Bladerunner has been a great help so far on that end.

In addition to the assistant moderator Bladerunner, I have asked Whiteflame to be a forum specific "junior moderator". His role will be entirely to oversee the religion forum and to deal with the issues there.

I am fully cognizant of the fact that I have been stretched too thin to deal with much of what has taken place in the religion forum and that has to change.

Let me be clear here, this isn't about controversial topics or heated conversations - those are absolutely fine and that is not something that will be changing. This is about the absolute worst conduct that happens to take place, and that is in the religion forum. It's constant personal attacks, nonsense flamewars, and the very worst that this site has to offer. I am often embarrassed by what I see, and that is now going to change.

I have complete confidence in Whiteflame to oversee that forum and to communicate with members that continue to be a problem. I know he will keep me updated on anything that need my attention, and that whatever he suggests will be thoughtful and prudent.

While everything ultimately will be my call, I know that Whiteflame is a responsible and thoughtful member that will take his responsibilities as a moderator seriously. I know that he understands how I approach things, and that with his eyes being specifically dedicated to improving that forum, that a positive change is imminent.

Thank you.

Thank you so much. It is time that this be done.
Nolite Timere
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 6:34:41 PM
At 12/27/2014 6:16:26 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

I will pray for him

Let's pray to BOG. :3
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 6:48:58 PM
At 12/27/2014 6:47:02 PM, Mikal wrote:
Hey DDO!

Happy bday

Thanks
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 6:50:08 PM
At 12/27/2014 6:16:16 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Hey DDO!

Thank you.

Thank you so much. It is time that this be done.

told you soon lol