Jump to topic:

What value do you find on DDO?

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:10:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
What things do you find value on for DDO? Social, intellectual, entertainment, etc. What does it appeal to you with?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:12:17 PM
At 12/28/2014 5:10:55 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What things do you find value on for DDO? Social, intellectual, entertainment, etc. What does it appeal to you with?

all of the above
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:13:45 PM
At 12/28/2014 5:12:17 PM, Mikal wrote:

all of the above
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:16:31 PM

hmmmmyeah all of those
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:17:03 PM

all of the above
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:18:08 PM
At 12/28/2014 5:17:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

all of the above
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:26:36 PM

For me, the value in this site is found in the ability to individually keep ideas / topics that we each (as individuals) care about -alive - an on the table for debate and discussion. The chance is always there for all sides to be represented and everyone has (pretty much) an equal opportunity to keep their views "in the arena."
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:29:00 PM
A sense of family.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:31:15 PM

Mainly for discussion. Watching drama unfold is pretty entertaining.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:41:06 PM

Like others said , All of the above .
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 5:42:16 PM
At 12/28/2014 5:18:08 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

all of the above
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 6:03:27 PM

Fame, women, cocaine, you know, all that good stuff.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 6:08:54 PM
I think if it was just 1 or 2 of those things mentioned, I would have already been gone. I enjoy all of that.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 6:10:37 PM
At 12/28/2014 6:03:27 PM, imabench wrote:

Substitute cocaine with tea and we're on the same page.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 8:57:39 PM
I value the people I'm friends with, and the many good conversations I've had with so many over the years.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 9:03:22 PM
At 12/28/2014 5:42:16 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/28/2014 5:18:08 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

all of the above
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 9:08:05 PM
In a lot of ways, there are some bad things that happen on this site. Site drama, in all it's forms, is something that can really cause a lot of damage and we've seen and experienced just how bad it can get. And the real cost of that is in what's not happening when there's drama: all the stuff that makes DDO a good and fun place.

I think that for a majority of us, socializing IRL isn't our forte -which is why we're here. Either we're busy with IRL stuff and we don't have time to do the typical "going out" thing, or we're just not interested in conventional socializing... or we have a hard time making friends because we're shy or not comfortable with who we are. But, DDO affords us the opportunity to make friends and form connections with others that we would not have had without this site.

But, I think that sometimes people don't realize that. They get caught up in their petty disputes or other nonsense... and they lose sight of why they're here in the first place. It's very sad, especially when those people hurt others by the way they conduct themselves and generally detract from the value this site has to offer.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 9:11:44 PM

I live in a rather isolated environment, and I don't get to spend time a lot with people with differing perspectives, so DDO has helped expose me to new ideas and thoughts that I hadn't considered before.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 9:11:56 PM
At 12/28/2014 6:10:37 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 12/28/2014 6:03:27 PM, imabench wrote:

Substitute cocaine with tea and we're on the same page.

Nah we Rollin the the snow boyz
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:31:38 PM
I'm on DDO for mafia and tulle, and it's all outta tulle.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:47:59 PM
At 12/28/2014 9:08:05 PM, YYW wrote:
In a lot of ways, there are some bad things that happen on this site. Site drama, in all it's forms, is something that can really cause a lot of damage and we've seen and experienced just how bad it can get. And the real cost of that is in what's not happening when there's drama: all the stuff that makes DDO a good and fun place.

I think that for a majority of us, socializing IRL isn't our forte -which is why we're here. Either we're busy with IRL stuff and we don't have time to do the typical "going out" thing, or we're just not interested in conventional socializing... or we have a hard time making friends because we're shy or not comfortable with who we are. But, DDO affords us the opportunity to make friends and form connections with others that we would not have had without this site.

But, I think that sometimes people don't realize that. They get caught up in their petty disputes or other nonsense... and they lose sight of why they're here in the first place. It's very sad, especially when those people hurt others by the way they conduct themselves and generally detract from the value this site has to offer.

This is so true. DDO is an outlet for so many people for friendships and interactions they can't find irl for whatever reason (shyness, isolated part of the country, lack of intellectual friends).

I think the problem is that some fraction of the membership would list drama and trolling as the thing they enjoy most about the site.

At 12/28/2014 5:16:08 PM, Bullish wrote:
Mafia and drama.

The rest of us hate the drama and thinks it detracts from what we enjoy about the site, but unfortunately, some people would rather pander to the people who like the drama rather than the rest of the amazing people on here who have some seriously interesting insight to offer about a variety of subjects.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 10:48:26 PM
At 12/28/2014 10:31:38 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm on DDO for mafia and tulle, and it's all outta tulle.

LOL. I miss tulle being on the site... We had some seriously great discussions.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 6:11:51 AM
#1. Debating
#2. Debating
#3. Debating

I don't come to this website for social or entertainment purposes, many people on this site are far too rational for me to come here for those reasons. The hyper-analytical atmosphere shows that many of these people are unlikeable in the real world.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 8:17:13 AM
At 12/28/2014 10:47:59 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 12/28/2014 9:08:05 PM, YYW wrote:

This is so true. DDO is an outlet for so many people for friendships and interactions they can't find irl for whatever reason (shyness, isolated part of the country, lack of intellectual friends).

I think the problem is that some fraction of the membership would list drama and trolling as the thing they enjoy most about the site.

You're definitely right, on all counts.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 8:20:07 AM
I dunno.
I love people.
DDO has for a long time been a certain dialogue for me. Maybe it's fizzling out.
Life is music. Music is love. Don't wanna play that same old track all the time, though. Just let it ring through you always, somewhere deep. Echo it all, forever.
Love --why else would anyone do anything?