Jump to topic:

Is impeaching Mikal justified?

jh1234lnew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 11:17:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have seen a lot of threads about impeaching the current site president, Mikal. However, a lot of the arguments revolve around how he wants to enforce rules that although already present, are not being enforced. An example of those rules is the rule against personal attacks in the religion forum.

However, as the rules were already present, just not currently enforced, Mikal did not change anything--he was just doing what he's supposed to do.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 12:01:38 PM
At 12/30/2014 11:17:20 AM, jh1234lnew wrote:
I have seen a lot of threads about impeaching the current site president, Mikal. However, a lot of the arguments revolve around how he wants to enforce rules that although already present, are not being enforced. An example of those rules is the rule against personal attacks in the religion forum.

However, as the rules were already present, just not currently enforced, Mikal did not change anything--he was just doing what he's supposed to do.

It's not justified. The criminals in question just want to be allowed to do what they want.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 12:16:33 PM

The other impeachment threads were related to his model debate which people were upset with the objectification of women. Then he caused a ruckus about race with his race debate. Now he is causing more ruckus by trying to have the enforcement of rules in the Religious Forum.

I think it is safe to assume there will be more impeachment threads at this rate.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 12:41:39 PM
I understand people being upset about him having controversial debates, I do not understand people being upset over him following his campaign promises.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
BoggyDag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 5:02:37 PM

Mikal made a promise regarding his Vice President imabench: that this individual would learn to behave. He lied.
Mikal set up a debate with a very dubious racist background, and refused to simply say "Sorry" for heating things up that way. He has no real respect for the office he's currently holding.

So: yes, there are SOME justified reasons for an impeachment, and there are others that are not justified.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 5:21:16 PM
I have to admit, I didn't even know the site had a president until all the drama of late. The question becomes, what does the president do? Does it matter?

From what I've read, Mikal is something of an a$$hole and a troll on this site, nevertheless, I presume he was elected president by members that knew that, which just tells me what the site has already become,

I really don't know what the point of having a president is, can somebody tell me why I should give a crap? Does the president have some kind of authority that we wouldn't want an a$$hole to have? What exactly are people afraid he will do as president?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 5:24:02 PM
I may be wrong since my main interaction with mikal preelection was in mafia, but his behavior doesnt seem to have changed at all. He has always been clear about doing what he says will do and he is being just as convicted in persuing his campaign promise to clean up the religion forum.

However, people had always questioned whether his demeanor is befitting of someone who is in title a "president", since he can be somewhat confrontational, controverisal, and unpresidental in some of his interactions. He was elected despite these issues and now his behavior hasnt much changed from what it normally was. If people thought he was unpresidental before, they probably still have that complaint.

Defintely not impeachable because he hasnt violates any TOS as far as I can tell, its just mikal being mikal. Hes doing what he thinks he needs to be done and what he was elected to do and hes doing it with tenacity, for better or worse.
numberwang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 5:28:49 PM
At 12/30/2014 5:21:16 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
I have to admit, I didn't even know the site had a president until all the drama of late. The question becomes, what does the president do? Does it matter?

From what I've read, Mikal is something of an a$$hole and a troll on this site, nevertheless, I presume he was elected president by members that knew that, which just tells me what the site has already become,

I really don't know what the point of having a president is, can somebody tell me why I should give a crap? Does the president have some kind of authority that we wouldn't want an a$$hole to have? What exactly are people afraid he will do as president?

The president talks to juggle and airmax on behalf of the site. We really dont need one because any issue could be petitioned to resolve, but besides talking the president has no authority. Mikal is asking for more moderation in the religion forum and trying to remove chronic trolls who previously went unmoderated, because it has always been an issue that should be resolved. The big issue is that rather than encouraging airmax rhe mod to just go do the modding he is posting alot and perusing the bans very publicly, which is causing some backlash from religion forum posters who are pissed about increased moderation. If you dont use that forum, there is really no reason to care at all.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 5:39:14 PM
At 12/30/2014 5:28:49 PM, numberwang wrote:

The president talks to juggle and airmax on behalf of the site. We really dont need one because any issue could be petitioned to resolve, but besides talking the president has no authority. Mikal is asking for more moderation in the religion forum and trying to remove chronic trolls who previously went unmoderated, because it has always been an issue that should be resolved. The big issue is that rather than encouraging airmax rhe mod to just go do the modding he is posting alot and perusing the bans very publicly, which is causing some backlash from religion forum posters who are pissed about increased moderation. If you dont use that forum, there is really no reason to care at all.

Interesting, from what I've read, he's also a troll....is he just trying to remove his competition or what? His profile says he's 26, seems a lot younger to me.

I'm thinking Airmax will just continue to do what he does, I do go into the religion forum from time to time, but I still don't think I care about this.

The guy is an a$$hole, he was elected by a majority of a$$holes, it is what it is.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 5:46:09 PM
At 12/30/2014 5:02:37 PM, BoggyDag wrote:
First of all welcome to the site (not an insult, an insult would be to accuse you of suffering enough dissatisfaction with your own past actions, to need to make a new account).

Mikal made a promise regarding his Vice President imabench: that this individual would learn to behave. He lied.
While Imabench is worse than he was when you came to this site (since he was inactive three months ago), you may want to do your research. He used to run something called The Weekly Stupid. If he has not improved, please point to any recent action of his even half as full of insults as the average episode of the Weekly Stupid.

Mikal set up a debate with a very dubious racist background, and refused to simply say "Sorry" for heating things up that way. He has no real respect for the office he's currently holding.
Calling Mikal racist for having a debate on a topic tied to the effects of socioeconomics. Are you next to call civil rights leaders racist, for claiming that minorities on average earn less money?

BoggyDag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 5:58:31 PM
At 12/30/2014 5:46:09 PM, Ragnar wrote:
First of all welcome to the site (not an insult, an insult would be to accuse you of suffering enough dissatisfaction with your own past actions, to need to make a new account).

While Imabench is worse than he was when you came to this site (since he was inactive three months ago), you may want to do your research. He used to run something called The Weekly Stupid. If he has not improved, please point to any recent action of his even half as full of insults as the average episode of the Weekly Stupid.

Calling Mikal racist for having a debate on a topic tied to the effects of socioeconomics. Are you next to call civil rights leaders racist, for claiming that minorities on average earn less money?

Dear Ragnar,
please read very carefully what I wrote.
imabench does not know how to behave. He's been reported during election and after election to a point where airmax repeatedly reprimanded him and had him remove statements (e.g. from his signature, where he called a British English expression "fail of the month" while it was grammatically perfectly correct, calling me names - he's been harassing me for the duration of my presence on this site). If your defense for an offender is that he commits fewer of the same offenses now, you literally lose any respect I have for you. So far, from what I read here and the little contact we had, I thought you were one of the most neutral and competent people on this site. But turning what I wrote around in that way makes me think you're either intoxicated, or try to defend imabench and Mikal against better knowledge. Both are unacceptable. Mikal did not promise imabench would be less of a pest, he promised that individual would CHANGE (this regards QUALITY, where you defend with QUANTITY). Which he did not. And I told him so, and he maintained it anyway. He lied, and should be impeached for that alone.

I distinctly wrote that Mikal started a DEBATE with a racist BACKGROUND. Never did I call him racist. How about YOU do some research, go through my post history, and you'll find where I publicly declared that the REMARK was Racist, while I do not believe Mikal is.

I am willing to accept your apology for misrepresenting my words.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 6:02:09 PM

Who is he again? Or is it too personal?
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 6:06:37 PM
At 12/30/2014 6:02:09 PM, RevNge wrote:
Not a clue.

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 6:07:13 PM
At 12/30/2014 6:06:37 PM, Ragnar wrote:
Not a clue.

Oh. Thought you knew who he was, but it's somewhat obvious he's an alt. :P
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 6:08:30 PM
At 12/30/2014 5:39:14 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
At 12/30/2014 5:28:49 PM, numberwang wrote:

Interesting, from what I've read, he's also a troll....is he just trying to remove his competition or what? His profile says he's 26, seems a lot younger to me.

I'm thinking Airmax will just continue to do what he does, I do go into the religion forum from time to time, but I still don't think I care about this.

The guy is an a$$hole, he was elected by a majority of a$$holes, it is what it is.

Insulting other members because they don't agree with you just makes you look sad and desperate... food for thought.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 6:24:58 PM
At 12/30/2014 5:58:31 PM, BoggyDag wrote:

Link me to that promise, EXACTLY where he said that.

Imabench is a troll. He is a dark, insulting person that makes you laugh your @$$ off. He lives to troll, and has not done anything besides jokingly insult a few people. If you take offense to that, you really do not have a thick enough shell to survive on this site. You seem like a smart individual. Imabench is not a dictator, and if you actually don't want him to talk to you, just ignore him. It's easier said than done, but just ignore him.

While Imabench is worse than he was when you came to this site (since he was inactive three months ago), you may want to do your research. He used to run something called The Weekly Stupid.

The Weekly Stupid was just pointing out idiotic quotes uttered by moronic members. It has since been replaced with another show about the news and fantasy football. I loved it... and it was taken from me. I now blame Ragnar for bringing that up and breaking my heart.

If he has not improved, please point to any recent action of his even half as full of insults as the average episode of the Weekly Stupid.

OK... he donated 530 dollars to help get a DDO member off the streets. That was after the Weekly Stupid died.

He started that debate to test the capacity of IQ, and even said himself the debate had nothing to do with racism, and was more against the current measure of intelligence than any racial implications. It was controversial, but this is a debate site. The people on here live and breathe controversy. That's why these members get so much attention- they have the balls to take this stuff on.

Dear Ragnar,
please read very carefully what I wrote.
imabench does not know how to behave. He's been reported during election and after election to a point where airmax repeatedly reprimanded him and had him remove statements (e.g. from his signature, where he called a British English expression "fail of the month" while it was grammatically perfectly correct, calling me names - he's been harassing me for the duration of my presence on this site).

Mikal asked me to remove a giant middle finger from my siggy. Doesn't mean I am a bad member, just means I have a sense of humor.

If your defense for an offender is that he commits fewer of the same offenses now, you literally lose any respect I have for you. So far, from what I read here and the little contact we had, I thought you were one of the most neutral and competent people on this site. But turning what I wrote around in that way makes me think you're either intoxicated, or try to defend imabench and Mikal against better knowledge. Both are unacceptable. Mikal did not promise imabench would be less of a pest, he promised that individual would CHANGE (this regards QUALITY, where you defend with QUANTITY). Which he did not. And I told him so, and he maintained it anyway. He lied, and should be impeached for that alone.

I distinctly wrote that Mikal started a DEBATE with a racist BACKGROUND. Never did I call him racist. How about YOU do some research, go through my post history, and you'll find where I publicly declared that the REMARK was Racist, while I do not believe Mikal is.

I am willing to accept your apology for misrepresenting my words.

Ragnar might rip you a new one for saying that.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 6:40:18 PM

Kind of sort of. People are complaining that he doesn't care and is condoning "inappropriate" actions by his "friends", and seeking to eliminate those that disagree with him. I think the issue is that he actually has no control over this and the profanity and hostility of the users in question are just being brought up now because of the presidency; it's always been there.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:26:34 PM

People should shut up about the presidency already.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:34:55 PM

I heard he is STALIN.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:35:38 PM
At 12/30/2014 7:26:34 PM, SebUK wrote:

People should shut up about the presidency already.

AMEN!!!!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:51:13 PM
At 12/30/2014 7:34:55 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

Why am I not so surprised? LOL
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:52:18 PM
At 12/30/2014 7:51:13 PM, RevNge wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

Maybe because he acts the same way?

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:53:50 PM
At 12/30/2014 7:52:18 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

No, because both of them are butthurt over Bench's actions. STALIN would be turning in his grave (if he had one ;D) if he knew Ima was the VP.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:55:16 PM
At 12/30/2014 7:53:50 PM, RevNge wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

No, because both of them are butthurt over Bench's actions. STALIN would be turning in his grave (if he had one ;D) if he knew Ima was the VP.

He does know. Didn't you see the spam before the election?

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:56:00 PM
At 12/30/2014 7:55:16 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

True. Oh wait...fanfic idea...

*resumes typing away*
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:57:01 PM
At 12/30/2014 7:56:00 PM, RevNge wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

*resumes typing away*

Make Annie happy, and you won't end up dead as a bonus!

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:57:58 PM
At 12/30/2014 7:57:01 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

*resumes typing away*

Nah, she'll just castrate me. Endark's the one who'll kill me by drowning me in soap (inside joke).
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 8:02:23 PM
At 12/30/2014 7:57:58 PM, RevNge wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

*resumes typing away*

Nah, she'll just castrate me. Endark's the one who'll kill me by drowning me in soap (inside joke).

Either way, keep 'em both happy.

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 8:04:03 PM
At 12/30/2014 8:02:23 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

*resumes typing away*

I'd rather die than lose my freedom of speech. :3

Then again, I'd rather lose my freedom of speech than being castrated. FML
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 8:05:24 PM
At 12/30/2014 8:04:03 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 12/30/2014 8:02:23 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

I heard he is STALIN.

*resumes typing away*

I'd rather die than lose my freedom of speech. :3
Brave words.... can you live up to them?

Then again, I'd rather lose my freedom of speech than being castrated. FML

At least you aren't dead....

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam