Jump to topic:

*Religion Forum Topics of the Week*

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 11:18:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
We are starting to do a sponsored topic of the week discussion in the Religion Forum. Each week a new topic will be chosen to be stickied. The hope is that more members of DDO will start participating in that forum. A lot of you have said you want to see the Religion Forum improved, and we hope to do so in part by encouraging members to submit official topics for discussion. If you've ever said you want the content in that forum to get better, now is your chance! Go over to the official Topic of the Week and share your thoughts.

This weeks topic: "The Problem of Free Will" - http://www.debate.org...

We are also looking for help in selecting future topics. If you have a topic idea, please send it to me via PM.
Debate.org Moderator
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 7:39:07 AM
It seems like a good idea, but I do see a flaw. It only introduces a topic to talk about. If we want to improve discussion in the religion forum, I think we would need to draw attention to the best thread of the religion forum each week, in order for people to be a little more motivated to make threads of quality.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:28:40 AM
Great topic, but it seems to me that it will just become a common dogfight between a moronic theist and a smartass atheist. We need to promote topics that are already being well discussed to bring peace to the religion forum and actually create intelligent discussions in such a broad area of debate.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
TrueScotsman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:50:51 AM
At 12/31/2014 10:28:40 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:
Great topic, but it seems to me that it will just become a common dogfight between a moronic theist and a smartass atheist. We need to promote topics that are already being well discussed to bring peace to the religion forum and actually create intelligent discussions in such a broad area of debate.

The trick is to completely ignore people who don't have anything constructive to add to the discussion. If their remarks are totally off the wall and don't make any sense then don't respond.

The best tactic to deal with trolls or posters who appear to be out of their minds... ignore them.