Jump to topic:

One problem with the forums

SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:07:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
One problem with the forums is that people are allowed to spam them in a way that is not considered spam.

As I spend a lot of time in the religion forums, I will use that as an example.

Someone could spam those forums by posting their own views on certain issues, and refusing to actually discuss them. As long as they make different threads, that have some relevance to religion, they are not breaking any rules.

But what this does is puts threads that actually are productive onto the 2nd page (at least, more easily), and most of the time, those threads die.

What needs to happen is people who are here to preach (whether it be political, religious, etc.) need to be taken care of.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:19:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 4:07:10 PM, SNP1 wrote:
One problem with the forums is that people are allowed to spam them in a way that is not considered spam.

As I spend a lot of time in the religion forums, I will use that as an example.

Someone could spam those forums by posting their own views on certain issues, and refusing to actually discuss them. As long as they make different threads, that have some relevance to religion, they are not breaking any rules.

But what this does is puts threads that actually are productive onto the 2nd page (at least, more easily), and most of the time, those threads die.

What needs to happen is people who are here to preach (whether it be political, religious, etc.) need to be taken care of.

Problem with this theory is that if people are actually discussing a lot in a thread it's constantly being bumped to the front, meaning it's still getting attention. The only threads that would get kicked off the front page would be ones that people aren't posting in often, and that wouldn't matter a whole lot.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...