Jump to topic:

Posting to prove points is a waste of time

jh1234lnew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 6:00:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There seems to be a religious following of claiming that something important is a waste of time to prove a point on DDO. I always get criticised and ignored when I make this point within threads, so I'm going to flesh-out my point here. There are usually at least half-a-dozen claiming that something important is a waste of time to prove a point threads running at any time. My question to the people who play is: have you really nothing better to do?

I mean, could you not find something better to do than make thread that generates nothing of serious value? What do you produce by making this thread? Could not your mental energy be directed better into something that is:

1) Productive

2) Is actually difficult to achieve, thereby granting you a better feeling once completed

Honestly, claiming that something important is a waste of time to prove a point is nothing more than a time-sink for people who have boring lives. I can understand the odd thread every several months, but playing this thread frequently is indicative of a life wasting.

Just think of all the possibilities life have to offer (e.g. travelling, learning a trade/skill, reading to learn etc.), and then realise the embarrassment of camping behind a computer to try and win a thread of no consequence.