Jump to topic:

A limit has to be put on the number of terms

Massive0
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 8:23:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Members of DDO have to come together and vote on a DDO constitution that will address this issue as well as other reasonable issues. A DDO president must have a limited number of terms in power, in an event where he/she is voted for numerous times. A DDO senate must also be elected to assist the President as well as strip him of the Presidency if he does not carry out duties to the required standard. My reason for this is that there are a number of DDO members who want to attain the presidency but they are not achieving the presidential ambitions they harbour because the majority of members on DDO have their eyes glued on the current president and his achievements to realise that someone else might be capable of doing a better job.
"Haters only hate because the truth you tell contradicts the lies they live"
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 8:30:56 AM
This idea has been tried. We already have a two term "curtisy" limit on the office, but if you're worried about Mikal this is his only term as he's already announced that he's not running for re-election. The DDO Consitution has already been tried and besides we have the TOS which is basicly the same thing and even if we did there is no way that the average DDOer would have a say in it as it would probably go to Bluesteel, Airmax, Mikal, bladerunner, and a few other members for creation and then it would be presented to the rest of us. So I highly doubt that anything really matters at this point.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 8:50:13 AM
At 1/2/2015 8:23:30 AM, Massive0 wrote:
Members of DDO have to come together and vote on a DDO constitution that will address this issue as well as other reasonable issues. A DDO president must have a limited number of terms in power, in an event where he/she is voted for numerous times. A DDO senate must also be elected to assist the President as well as strip him of the Presidency if he does not carry out duties to the required standard. My reason for this is that there are a number of DDO members who want to attain the presidency but they are not achieving the presidential ambitions they harbour because the majority of members on DDO have their eyes glued on the current president and his achievements to realise that someone else might be capable of doing a better job.

1) We've tried this, it doesn't work.
2) This would make things entirely more complicated.
3) This would only cause more drama.
4) Who the hell are you?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 8:53:59 AM
At 1/2/2015 8:50:13 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:

4) Who the hell are you?

I'm guessing it's either MassiveDump or Jifpop.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:09:26 PM

4) Who the hell are you?

That seemed like an unnecessary reaction...
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 5:11:39 PM
At 1/2/2015 5:09:26 PM, donald.keller wrote:

4) Who the hell are you?

That seemed like an unnecessary reaction...

Eh
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 4:10:03 AM

Unnecessary complication , there are other things we need to focus on.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica