Jump to topic:

Stepping Down

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 10:19:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This convo is pending with airmax and I have issued this offer to bluesteel and whiteflame, but I am probably going to step down as president. For lots of reasons, both real life and on the site.

First Ima has been banned, and his conduct is not something I can support. He sexually harassed another member, and got himself banned. He promised as VP he would remain civil and honest but he broke that promise upon his ban. Pending my leave he will be removed with me.

Why I am stepping down / taking a break : This site has always been an escape for me. I got to log on and talk to some really good friends. I got to enjoy doing debates, playing mafia live, and just having fun. Recently that attraction has faded. With recent circumstances, my passion and heart have severely decreased and I need a break for personal reasons. I can't even debate anymore without drama coming from it.

I'll still be on from time to time to check messages, but I can't actively be apart of the site for now. I am confident with me stepping down, that whoever steps up will do a great job. This can be one of the two people I mentioned or from a new election that airmax starts

There are alot of people who support me and that like me in office, but there are just as many people that don't want me in office. This should solve that problem. I am on here for friends and as of late a good deal of my friends have left, are leaving , or plan to leave.

With that being said I need my own time, because I can't enjoy much on here anymore.

Thank you guys for the chance, and with that being said good luck
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 10:22:56 AM
Does that mean you're gonna be stepping down and also leaving for a while, or just stepping down but you're still staying with us? Define "taking a break"
I may or may not be a cat
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 10:37:26 AM
At 1/5/2015 10:19:13 AM, Mikal wrote:
This convo is pending with airmax and I have issued this offer to bluesteel and whiteflame, but I am probably going to step down as president. For lots of reasons, both real life and on the site.

First Ima has been banned, and his conduct is not something I can support. He sexually harassed another member, and got himself banned. He promised as VP he would remain civil and honest but he broke that promise upon his ban. Pending my leave he will be removed with me.

Why I am stepping down / taking a break : This site has always been an escape for me. I got to log on and talk to some really good friends. I got to enjoy doing debates, playing mafia live, and just having fun. Recently that attraction has faded. With recent circumstances, my passion and heart have severely decreased and I need a break for personal reasons. I can't even debate anymore without drama coming from it.

I'll still be on from time to time to check messages, but I can't actively be apart of the site for now. I am confident with me stepping down, that whoever steps up will do a great job. This can be one of the two people I mentioned or from a new election that airmax starts

There are alot of people who support me and that like me in office, but there are just as many people that don't want me in office. This should solve that problem. I am on here for friends and as of late a good deal of my friends have left, are leaving , or plan to leave.

With that being said I need my own time, because I can't enjoy much on here anymore.

I didn't expect this at all , :( .
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 10:47:13 AM
Thanks, DDO. You have so much drama you even made our President take a hiatus from the site. >.>
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 11:08:01 AM
At 1/5/2015 10:47:13 AM, RevNge wrote:
Thanks, DDO. You have so much drama you even made our President take a hiatus from the site. >.>
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 11:13:40 AM
BAD NEWS: There may have to be a re-election and there hasn't been any voter reform at all. Mikal wasn't even president for a full month. I am really ticked off that I made that picture only for him to step down.

GOOD NEWS:This should be used a the perfect opportunity to rid the site of the presidency once and for all.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 11:26:04 AM
On a non official level. I just am tired of stuff. I came to the site to debate, and i'm scared to even do debates anymore because of fall outs. It's why i stopped debating seriously for a while anyway, and it's right back to the same old stuff that happened via the Roy debate.

When that outlet is gone, there is no reason for me to debate. I like to debate, i like to research stuff, I like to have fun. It's just not worth the politics and fall out that comes from things. With that avenue being gone, I really need a break
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 11:29:38 AM
At 1/5/2015 10:39:49 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

on my own discretion, and by nothing you did.

And with me being out of office, I can finally tell you to fuk off. People like you are what is wrong with the site and why members are leaving to begin with. You and people like you are a net detriment to the health of the site, and why so many of the good members have and will continue to leave as long as you are around. Go to hell and have a bad day
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 11:30:43 AM
At 1/5/2015 11:29:38 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 1/5/2015 10:39:49 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

on my own discretion, and by nothing you did.

And with me being out of office, I can finally tell you to fuk off. People like you are what is wrong with the site and why members are leaving to begin with. You and people like you are a net detriment to the health of the site, and why so many of the good members have and will continue to leave as long as you are around. Go to hell and have a bad day

Back at you.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 11:40:35 AM
At 1/5/2015 10:22:56 AM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Does that mean you're gonna be stepping down and also leaving for a while, or just stepping down but you're still staying with us? Define "taking a break"

It means i am taking a hiatus to I can convince myself I actually want to be on here.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 11:48:10 AM
At 1/5/2015 11:40:35 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 1/5/2015 10:22:56 AM, AngelofDeath wrote:

It means i am taking a hiatus to I can convince myself I actually want to be on here.

): I'll miss you boo </3
I may or may not be a cat
Massive0
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 11:59:36 AM
At 1/5/2015 11:13:40 AM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
BAD NEWS: There may have to be a re-election and there hasn't been any voter reform at all. Mikal wasn't even president for a full month. I am really ticked off that I made that picture only for him to step down.

GOOD NEWS:This should be used a the perfect opportunity to rid the site of the presidency once and for all.

Good News? Sir, there is nothing good about ridding this site of the presidency. Who will be there to ban those who don't follow basic debate etiquette? Nothing good is going to come out of this. If the behaviour of DDO members remains constant, then I foresee the ultimate fall of DDO.
"Haters only hate because the truth you tell contradicts the lies they live"
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:00:23 PM
At 1/5/2015 11:59:36 AM, Massive0 wrote:

Good News? Sir, there is nothing good about ridding this site of the presidency. Who will be there to ban those who don't follow basic debate etiquette? Nothing good is going to come out of this. If the behaviour of DDO members remains constant, then I foresee the ultimate fall of DDO.

The president can't ban people. Only mods can do that.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:05:49 PM
At 1/5/2015 11:59:36 AM, Massive0 wrote:

I hope this is a joke. The president isn't responsible for anything on this site. He doesn't own it nor does he police it, the moderators police and the site is owned by Juggle.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:13:20 PM

He tries to take on the religion forum and look what happens ...
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:16:37 PM
Mikal, can't you just not read the hate-mail from the circle-jerking imbeciles instead?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:25:47 PM
I know I am not supposed to be online, but this was pointed out to me. While I strongly opposed Mikal's election, he was duly elected, and I don't think that anything he did warranted his removal from office. Certainly, it may have been worthy of censure, but not "impeachment," as many called for. All in all, I am disappointed that Mikal stepped down, but I understand his desire to do so. I hope he enjoys his break from the site, and comes back refreshed.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:35:39 PM
I honestly saw something coming, considering all the drama that continues to swirl around the presidency, but I didn't see something of this magnitude coming. I understand why Mikal is doing it, but I still think this is a rather short-sighted decision. As someone who eschewed the election drama almost entirely (only voting for Blade within the last 15 minutes), I think this is a perfect explanation for why the presidency only seeks to harm the site. We don't need to elect a site leader, nor do we need only one. They don't have any more power than the average DDO member. Ordinary DDO members can organize tournaments and do other president things.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:55:42 PM

Good riddance to both you and Bench.
Just before you die will you remember a life of your smile changing the world or of the world changing your smile?
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:55:47 PM
Well, I am incredibly disappointed. I hadn't realized I was voting for a quitter. Sure, dylancatlow's conduct has been absolutely atrocious, but I don't see any IRL presidents stepping down because someone calls for their resignation. Enjoy your break, Mikal.