Jump to topic:

The utter failure of the Mikal/Ima presidency

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:09:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When things got boring, Mikal decided to create unnecessary controversy and Imabench got banned for sexually harassing another member. They behaved like the children we knew they would be, and left us to clean up their mess.

All in all, they accomplished absolutely nothing, and only made the site worse within the two weeks they stuck around.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:10:41 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:09:08 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
When things got boring, Mikal decided to create unnecessary controversy and Imabench got banned for sexually harassing another member. They behaved like the children we knew they would be, and left us to clean up their mess.

All in all, they accomplished absolutely nothing, and only made the site worse within the two weeks they stuck around.

Really I mean Really? do you have to point it out? Could you have been a little more mature and just left alon
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:11:08 PM
and left us to clean up their mess.

Are u for real bro?
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:12:56 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:11:55 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
This is such a dumb site.

for the circumstances I will say amen to that
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:20:05 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:11:55 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
This is such a dumb site.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:24:36 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:22:10 PM, Cermank wrote:
This forum post is going to achieve nothing positive.

My hope was to garner support for changing the voting requirements so that this will never happen again.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:24:36 PM
Probably none of the posts in this board are going to achieve anything positive. It's all just ridiculous roleplay.

Escapism, as Mikal says.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:27:02 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:10:41 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:

Really I mean Really? do you have to point it out? Could you have been a little more mature and just left alon

I kind of agree with Cyber on this. I mean, Mikal has already stepped down. Is there any purpose at this point to adding insult to injury other than just to gloat?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:27:04 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:24:36 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

My hope was to garner support for changing the voting requirements so that this will never happen again.

Honestly, at this point I'm not even sure if I support presidency on the site. Either way, perhaps mentioning that in the forum topic would have helped. It seems needlessly aggressive.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:28:57 PM

Then start a thread on the subject instead.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:29:09 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:27:04 PM, Cermank wrote:

Honestly, at this point I'm not even sure if I support presidency on the site. Either way, perhaps mentioning that in the forum topic would have helped. It seems needlessly aggressive.

Originally I was going to start by saying "First, they stole the presidency by exploiting DDO's lax voting requirements", but I decided to remove it. And yeah, I'm beginning to think the presidency is more trouble than its worth. It's too distracting and polarizing for what it accomplishes.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:36:27 PM
And yes, I was pretty mean to Mikal throughout this entire thing. But if he was mature, he would try to prove me wrong, not behave like a ten year old. Unfortunately, he only ended up proving me right.
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:48:46 PM

It will teach the morons who voted for them to think better of their decision and apologize for their mistake.
Just before you die will you remember a life of your smile changing the world or of the world changing your smile?
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:51:14 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:48:46 PM, LayersofLols wrote:

It will teach the morons who voted for them to think better of their decision and apologize for their mistake.

People have different ideas about attributes they deem important in a presidential figure. Just because they disagree with you doesn't make them a moron.
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:53:02 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:51:14 PM, Cermank wrote:

People have different ideas about attributes they deem important in a presidential figure. Just because they disagree with you doesn't make them a moron.

If you think anything about the Mikal/Imabench ticket was good in the first place, you are a moron to begin with.

All in all, i will let you be. Fools will vote for fools, as that is who they admire.
Just before you die will you remember a life of your smile changing the world or of the world changing your smile?
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:05:32 PM
At 1/5/2015 12:53:02 PM, LayersofLols wrote:
At 1/5/2015 12:51:14 PM, Cermank wrote:

If you think anything about the Mikal/Imabench ticket was good in the first place, you are a moron to begin with.

All in all, i will let you be. Fools will vote for fools, as that is who they admire.

I mean, if you want less drama and more discussion on the site, your behaviour really isn't helping.

I was on the ticket opposing him. I had concerns about his platform, and I voiced them at the time. That doesn't mean that people who wanted him to run were wrong, they valued different attributes in their ideal president.

There's nothing to 'teach' here, the answer to who to vote for isn't an objective one.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:11:35 PM
This is too much. Dylancatlow, your conduct has been unacceptable ever since the election. Your contributions to the site devolved into vicious attacks and smear tactics. I don't know whether you bear some personal vendetta against Mikal and/or Imabench, but it certainly seems that way. The sheer level of malevolence you have raised against them is reprehensible, and I think you should be ashamed of your actions. They have harmed the integrity of the site more than anything Mikal has done. And their toxicity seems to have worked, which I certainly hope you do not deem to be a good thing. I am utterly disappointed in you.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:22:24 PM
At 1/5/2015 1:11:35 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
This is too much. Dylancatlow, your conduct has been unacceptable ever since the election. Your contributions to the site devolved into vicious attacks and smear tactics. I don't know whether you bear some personal vendetta against Mikal and/or Imabench, but it certainly seems that way. The sheer level of malevolence you have raised against them is reprehensible, and I think you should be ashamed of your actions. They have harmed the integrity of the site more than anything Mikal has done. And their toxicity seems to have worked, which I certainly hope you do not deem to be a good thing. I am utterly disappointed in you.

This post is quite ironic, if the other thread is true.
LOL
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:44:43 PM

Although I agree with this to some degree, this really isn't the time. I do think you greatly exaggerated some points though.
Nolite Timere
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:46:20 PM

lol You're being way too sensitive.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:47:20 PM

I'll try to tone it down though.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:54:24 PM
This is too much. Dylancatlow, your conduct has been unacceptable ever since the election.

But seriously, what have I said in this in this thread that's soooo horrible? I should be allowed to call people children without you having a hissy fit.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 2:13:07 PM
I guess Bench is gonna be President now...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 2:16:47 PM
At 1/5/2015 2:13:07 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Not really. His statement on coming back was to support Mikal in the presidency. If Mikal's leaving, I think that means Bench is leaving as well. Which leaves either Bluesteel (next in line I suppose) or....idk, a re-election?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 2:17:38 PM
At 1/5/2015 2:16:47 PM, Zaradi wrote:
Which leaves either Bluesteel (next in line I suppose) or....idk, a re-election?

pleasegodno
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 2:18:35 PM

Not really. His statement on coming back was to support Mikal in the presidency. If Mikal's leaving, I think that means Bench is leaving as well. Which leaves either Bluesteel (next in line I suppose) or....idk, a re-election?

Quote from Bench over FB:
"Could you tell Mikal he doesn't have the authority to take me out of office just because he wants to step down, and that he should get in Facebook so I can talk to him?"
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 2:18:40 PM
At 1/5/2015 2:17:38 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Which leaves either Bluesteel (next in line I suppose) or....idk, a re-election?

pleasegodno

^ This is probably the first thing you've ever said that I agree with.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...