Jump to topic:

Unofficial DDO Jan 2015 Refrendum

Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:36:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Due to recent developments, strife has been brought upon DDO and the DDO establishment. In the best interest of DDO, I present this unofficial referendum for DDO users to express their opinions on the next course of action.

The president of DDO has stepped down under dubious circumstances. Whatever the case, a new status quo needs to be put in place, and a referendum is the best way to evenly represent the public opinion.

This motion is unrelated to any official DDO systems. IT IS NO MORE THAN A SUGGESTION. No guarentees are made that the results of this referendum will have any effect on policy. It is entirely up to the relevant bodies of DDO to decide on the official proceedings.

All clauses of this referendum are PROVISIONAL. They last until the regular June 2015 elections or until they are terminated. In June, the referendum will expire unless extended.

There are 3 distinct paths to follow, ranked here in order of least deviation from the status quo.

One: Continuation with bluesteel

Seeing that bluesteel is de facto the next highest ranking member of the Mikal administration who has neither abdicate nor been banned, and Mikal has not officially desolved his enter administration, he should naturally become the next president for the remainder of this term. Bluesteel with then decide what imabench's position is once he returns.

Two: Provisional Elections

One could argue that the current administration has effectively ended with Mikal stepping down. Since the president has been a standing feature of DDO for a few years, another provisional president needs to be elected.

The elections will follow closely to the regular elections: election season announcement will be made as soon as necessary after the referendum voting is deemed to end, after which there will be a two-week campaign period, and a three-day election.

Three: Temporary Mod Control

This means having no president, and no body resembling the presidency or another leadership/organizational/Juggle diplomat until further decisions between now and the regular June 2015 elections. In the mean time, DDO functions as normal with moderators in charge. If this clause is permanently extended, the DDO presidency is effectively abolished.

Whatever the case, all other discussions can and will be considered while this referendum is in effect.

Voting for this referendum has no deadline, as it is simply a suggestion thread. It ends when officials deem that it ends or if it is no longer relevant.
0x5f3759df
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:39:51 PM
At 1/5/2015 7:36:34 PM, Bullish wrote:

The President has not stepped down. The President is TUF and the Vice President is Cody Franklin.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:41:23 PM
At 1/5/2015 7:39:51 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

The President has not stepped down. The President is TUF and the Vice President is Cody Franklin.

If you are referring to this: http://www.debate.org...

It clearly says they were elected for 2013.
0x5f3759df
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:42:47 PM
At 1/5/2015 7:41:23 PM, Bullish wrote:

I know, the two are still President and Vice President according to Juggle. It shows how much they truly care for the site.
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:47:01 PM
At 1/5/2015 7:42:47 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

I know, the two are still President and Vice President according to Juggle. It shows how much they truly care for the site.

Juggle has no position on the presidency. It's benign negligence. In the mean time, it is the status quo of the DDO community that matters, regardless of what It says on the "elected officials" page, as the wording on that page clearly construe it to have expired at least a year ago.
0x5f3759df
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:51:36 PM
At 1/5/2015 7:47:01 PM, Bullish wrote:

Juggle has no position on the presidency. It's benign negligence. In the mean time, it is the status quo of the DDO community that matters, regardless of what It says on the "elected officials" page, as the wording on that page clearly construe it to have expired at least a year ago.

My point is the presidents elected the previous terms have probably not been in contact with Juggle at all. I.e the president is an empty no value position that can't even communicate with Juggle. So essentially, the president can't even do the basic function of his/her existence. What is the point when you can't do the only thing you are supposed to be doing?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:52:10 PM
Vote Option Two
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:58:12 PM
At 1/5/2015 7:56:18 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/5/2015 7:52:10 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Vote Option Two

Do you really want to go through this whole thing again?

It wouldn't be the same.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:59:19 PM
At 1/5/2015 7:58:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/5/2015 7:56:18 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/5/2015 7:52:10 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Vote Option Two

Do you really want to go through this whole thing again?

It wouldn't be the same.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 7:59:34 PM
Option 4: We host a mass mating gathering for DDO to produce the ideal president via natural selection, we vote which partners to pair up over and over and which of their children to pair up with each other when they are old enough. We also ensure to raise them in DDO schools learning only how the site works and how to become an efficientDDO president so as to avoid distractions such as having a life and non-DDO friends.
Just before you die will you remember a life of your smile changing the world or of the world changing your smile?
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:05:35 PM
Option 5: We roam around DDO slowly devolving from dramatic and emotional humans to wild party animals who like to get their freak on. We can party all day and sext all night. No one from the outside world knows who we are anyway, so why not go back to using our most basic instincts instead of fighting the urge to let loose? I say we go crazy with DDO!

NOW WHO'S WITH ME???

*audience cheering*
I may or may not be a cat
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:07:40 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:05:35 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Option 5: We roam around DDO slowly devolving from dramatic and emotional humans to wild party animals who like to get their freak on. We can party all day and sext all night. No one from the outside world knows who we are anyway, so why not go back to using our most basic instincts instead of fighting the urge to let loose? I say we go crazy with DDO!

NOW WHO'S WITH ME???

*audience cheering*

OH YES better than my idea! :D
Just before you die will you remember a life of your smile changing the world or of the world changing your smile?
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:09:30 PM
At 1/5/2015 7:47:01 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 1/5/2015 7:42:47 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

Per the link I gave you:

"Each year, the DDO community elects a President to represent the members of this site and help organize iniatives to enhance the environment of the community. Listed below is the elected President for 2013 and his appointed officials."

Communicating with Juggle is not the only task.
0x5f3759df
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:11:34 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:10:15 PM, RevNge wrote:
Option 4.5

which rounds to 5

therefore, my suggestion

thank you for voting

/thread
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:14:34 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:12:57 PM, RevNge wrote:
Option 4.49999999...

Which rounds to 4.5 since 0.09999999... is equivalent to 0.1 and therefore added to 4.4 would be 4.5 Since 4.5 rounds to 5, you have yet again voted for Option 5

Ty for voting XD
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:15:00 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:14:34 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Option 4.49999999...

Which rounds to 4.5 since 0.09999999... is equivalent to 0.1 and therefore added to 4.4 would be 4.5 Since 4.5 rounds to 5, you have yet again voted for Option 5

Ty for voting XD

You know what?

Option 4
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:16:05 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:15:00 PM, RevNge wrote:
Option 4.49999999...

Ty for voting XD

You know what?

Option 4

You never unvoted XD
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:16:48 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:07:40 PM, LayersofLols wrote:
At 1/5/2015 8:05:35 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

NOW WHO'S WITH ME???

*audience cheering*

OH YES better than my idea! :D

Cuz i'm just that amazing XD
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:17:40 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:16:05 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Option 4.49999999...

Ty for voting XD

You know what?

Option 4

You never unvoted XD

Option 6

Burn Kitty at the stake.

Unvote

Vote Option 6
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:18:20 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:09:30 PM, Bullish wrote:

Per the link I gave you:

"Each year, the DDO community elects a President to represent the members of this site and help organize iniatives to enhance the environment of the community. Listed below is the elected President for 2013 and his appointed officials."

Any member can organize initiatives. But I see where you are going because the president can be seen as legitimate. Both you know and I know that is not what people were voting on when it came to the elections or value in the presidency. We heard things about "free speech," "toxic members," communicating with Juggle, and other farces or misinformation about what the president could/would do.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:21:12 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:17:40 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/5/2015 8:16:05 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:
Option 4.49999999...

Ty for voting XD

You know what?

Option 4

You never unvoted XD

Option 6

Love Kitty forever and ever. <3

Unvote

Vote Option 6

But you voted 3 times... and you only unvoted once.... meaning you unvoted your last vote and your first two votes are still standing, as they are of the same vote :P

Although option 6 is sounding quite nice right now....
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:31:29 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:18:20 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

Per the link I gave you:

Any member can organize initiatives. But I see where you are going because the president can be seen as legitimate. Both you know and I know that is not what people were voting on when it came to the elections or value in the presidency. We heard things about "free speech," "toxic members," communicating with Juggle, and other farces or misinformation about what the president could/would do.

Yep. It has been widely recognized especially in the June 2014 elections that the president is a figure head who's hold on legitimacy by public vote helps him make the site better. Arguments have been made, then and now, that the president does nothing. I'm in the camp that disagrees, and I subscribe to the argument that all governments have no mandates except for the recognition of the people, and that's likely to remain true until robot armies are practical.

Also sorry I quoted myself there.
0x5f3759df
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:36:18 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:31:29 PM, Bullish wrote:

Per the link I gave you:

Yep. It has been widely recognized especially in the June 2014 elections that the president is a figure head who's hold on legitimacy by public vote helps him make the site better. Arguments have been made, then and now, that the president does nothing. I'm in the camp that disagrees, and I subscribe to the argument that all governments have no mandates except for the recognition of the people, and that's likely to remain true until robot armies are practical.

DDO is not government. It is a privately run site. Juggle nor the moderators have to do anything people want. Also there is no "the people," the majority of users don't comment in the forums. I doubt majority even know there is a presidency.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:41:52 PM
At 1/5/2015 8:36:18 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 1/5/2015 8:31:29 PM, Bullish wrote:

Per the link I gave you:

DDO is not government. It is a privately run site. Juggle nor the moderators have to do anything people want. Also there is no "the people," the majority of users don't comment in the forums. I doubt majority even know there is a presidency.

Of course. Like I said, Juggle is neglecting this site. So those of us who care ("the people" in this context) do what we want, and it so happens, sometimes an organizational structure can better bring us what we want.

Presidents in the past have ran tournaments upon inauguration (I was in one), and those tournaments are more likely to be respected and not fall apart.

In addition, the current moderator gives special consideration to the president.
0x5f3759df