Jump to topic:

Please STOP THE DRAMA.

BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:48:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I feel this message needs to be heard, so hear me out.

Ever since the last presidential election, even when the candidates just started campaigning, drama on DDO has risen an extreme amount. Now, it has caused DDO to become a place where members just can't share opinions without causing an all-out argument in the forums involving tens of members. At any given moment there have been at least SOME flame-wars going on. It's caused Mikal, the former President of DDO, to step down from the presidency and take a hiatus. I strongly believe that this needs fixing QUICK, because it's not usual for something so much as a forum thread regarding whether Mafia is a waste of time or not to cause a tremor across the DDO community of this magnitude. And that's only a fraction of what's been going on.

The effect of the drama on DDO these days is huge. I'm 100% sure that I'm not the only one here who is completely burned out undergoing such a crisis. I think it's time we all stopped and just began to relax and have fun on DDO. Believe me, this is gonna make DDO a much prettier and more peaceful place.

I hope that DDO members start realizing the huge crack that has been thrown on this site.
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:53:18 AM
At 1/6/2015 12:51:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
Bitching about drama is the best way to stop drama?

Probably not, but that's the best thing I can come up with.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:54:19 AM
At 1/6/2015 12:53:18 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:
At 1/6/2015 12:51:55 AM, Wylted wrote:
Bitching about drama is the best way to stop drama?

Probably not, but that's the best thing I can come up with.

Just rise above it, buddy.
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:54:26 AM
The issue isn't with the drama, it is with your intolerance of it.
Just before you die will you remember a life of your smile changing the world or of the world changing your smile?
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:54:46 AM
At 1/6/2015 12:48:05 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

Ever since the last presidential election, even when the candidates just started campaigning, drama on DDO has risen an extreme amount. Now, it has caused DDO to become a place where members just can't share opinions without causing an all-out argument in the forums involving tens of members. At any given moment there have been at least SOME flame-wars going on. It's caused Mikal, the former President of DDO, to step down from the presidency and take a hiatus. I strongly believe that this needs fixing QUICK, because it's not usual for something so much as a forum thread regarding whether Mafia is a waste of time or not to cause a tremor across the DDO community of this magnitude.

Don't worry. Mikal's done this before . Not as president, but he quit the site because he hated almost everyone, and there was a dramatic announcement like this and accusations, and he was gone only for a few hours. This will be the same.

Stop reacting to nothing. Mikal will be back and he even may come back "persuaded" to complete his term.

And that's only a fraction of what's been going on.

The effect of the drama on DDO these days is huge. I'm 100% sure that I'm not the only one here who is completely burned out undergoing such a crisis. I think it's time we all stopped and just began to relax and have fun on DDO. Believe me, this is gonna make DDO a much prettier and more peaceful place.

I hope that DDO members start realizing the huge crack that has been thrown on this site.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:56:53 AM
At 1/6/2015 12:54:26 AM, LayersofLols wrote:

If it's drama like this, everyone has the right to not be able to tolerate it.

By the way, I can tolerate it. It's just that there's a bad feeling when I do.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:58:15 AM
At 1/6/2015 12:56:53 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

You're not rising above it. Are you sure you want the drama to disappear?
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:58:50 AM
At 1/6/2015 12:54:46 AM, Garbanza wrote:

Ever since the last presidential election, even when the candidates just started campaigning, drama on DDO has risen an extreme amount. Now, it has caused DDO to become a place where members just can't share opinions without causing an all-out argument in the forums involving tens of members. At any given moment there have been at least SOME flame-wars going on. It's caused Mikal, the former President of DDO, to step down from the presidency and take a hiatus. I strongly believe that this needs fixing QUICK, because it's not usual for something so much as a forum thread regarding whether Mafia is a waste of time or not to cause a tremor across the DDO community of this magnitude.

Don't worry. Mikal's done this before . Not as president, but he quit the site because he hated almost everyone, and there was a dramatic announcement like this and accusations, and he was gone only for a few hours. This will be the same.

Stop reacting to nothing. Mikal will be back and he even may come back "persuaded" to complete his term.

I know that. It's just that if drama can cause a tremor of this magnitude then it's just way too much.

Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:00:08 AM

That is like saying everyone has the right to now tolerate dark skinned individuals, it isn't harming anyone and is entertaining a vast majority of this website as well as increasing activity and clicks on ads which support Juggle's revenue more than any non drama nerdy period of DDO ever has and ever will (heck even put together vs right now).

this is a common issue across many websites, when they are brilliantly succeeding at publicizing and instigating drama, people like you whine and moan about it, only furthering the activity and drama which furthermore proves drama's benevolence for this website.

Then seek psychological tips on how to relax and put your mind at ease, control yourself before you try to control others.
Just before you die will you remember a life of your smile changing the world or of the world changing your smile?
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:00:45 AM
At 1/6/2015 12:58:15 AM, Wylted wrote:

I do. I just feel something has to be done.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:03:28 AM
At 1/6/2015 12:58:50 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

I know that. It's just that if drama can cause a tremor of this magnitude then it's just way too much.

Ikr. It's ridiculous. It's part funny and part boring for me though, but maybe it feels different if you think of Mikal as a human with feelings lol.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:03:29 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:00:45 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

Just rise above it. It really is that simple. React to the site drama the way Roy Latham has this past 24 hours and you'll experience it as much as he does.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:03:33 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:00:08 AM, LayersofLols wrote:

That is like saying everyone has the right to now tolerate dark skinned individuals, it isn't harming anyone and is entertaining a vast majority of this website as well as increasing activity and clicks on ads which support Juggle's revenue more than any non drama nerdy period of DDO ever has and ever will (heck even put together vs right now).

this is a common issue across many websites, when they are brilliantly succeeding at publicizing and instigating drama, people like you whine and moan about it, only furthering the activity and drama which furthermore proves drama's benevolence for this website.

The key words here were "If it's drama like this". Therefore I was only talking about drama.

Then seek psychological tips on how to relax and put your mind at ease, control yourself before you try to control others.

Sometimes it just can't be enough. The pressure is too much.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:04:16 AM

The first thing you could do is remove your signature which not only personally attacks one member but is quoting a presently banned user.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:05:02 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:03:28 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 1/6/2015 12:58:50 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

Ikr. It's ridiculous. It's part funny and part boring for me though, but maybe it feels different if you think of Mikal as a human with feelings lol.

Oh well. I guess we'll just have to wait.

Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:06:06 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:03:33 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

The key words here were "If it's drama like this". Therefore I was only talking about drama.

Accept that dram is superior to non-drama and your mind will be put at ease. Rooting for the underdog is similar to what you are doing, it is a psychologically unhealthy mentality to use that is doomed to depress the user.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:06:57 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:04:16 AM, LayersofLols wrote:

The first thing you could do is remove your signature which not only personally attacks one member but is quoting a presently banned user.

A lot of members on DDO have such signatures, and none have caused any drama with them.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:07:17 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:06:21 AM, Garbanza wrote:
Sorry. OF COURSE Mikal is human and has feelings. It was just a fippant comment. :/

How can you be sure?
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:08:13 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:06:06 AM, LayersofLols wrote:
At 1/6/2015 1:03:33 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

Accept that dram is superior to non-drama and your mind will be put at ease. Rooting for the underdog is similar to what you are doing, it is a psychologically unhealthy mentality to use that is doomed to depress the user.

Oh well. I guess I'll try.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:08:45 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:06:57 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

A lot of members on DDO have such signatures, and none have caused any drama with them.

How do you think Zarroette feels when she reads the signature? It is how you feel when you read the drama, except even worse because it's personal.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:09:05 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:07:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
Sorry. OF COURSE Mikal is human and has feelings. It was just a fippant comment. :/

How can you be sure?

O.o
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:09:54 AM

How can you be sure?

I'm not but I don't want to end up on those shows with a really bad photo of me getting into my car and someone reading out the mean thing I said online.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:11:15 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:08:45 AM, LayersofLols wrote:

How do you think Zarroette feels when she reads the signature? It is how you feel when you read the drama, except even worse because it's personal.

Me and Zarrioette are a lot alike. Her ego probably makes her thrilled at being relevant.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:11:54 AM

The way you put it, it seems irrelevant to the topic at hand. We'll discuss it another time.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:12:17 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:09:54 AM, Garbanza wrote:

How can you be sure?

I'm not but I don't want to end up on those shows with a really bad photo of me getting into my car and someone reading out the mean thing I said online.

I've seen that show. I never waning to be on "To Catch A Predator " either.
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:12:52 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:11:54 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

The way you put it, it seems irrelevant to the topic at hand. We'll discuss it another time.

You want your feelings respect regarding drama, yet you do not respect hers.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:17:30 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:12:52 AM, LayersofLols wrote:
At 1/6/2015 1:11:54 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

You want your feelings respect regarding drama, yet you do not respect hers.

That is untrue. I only want the drama to die down, and that is different to having my feelings respected regarding drama.

Anyway, just to prevent drama, I will remove my sig.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 1:17:44 AM
At 1/6/2015 1:12:17 AM, Wylted wrote:

How can you be sure?

I've seen that show. I never waning to be on "To Catch A Predator " either.

I didn't mean that.