Total Posts:110|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Not going to lie

Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 8:24:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Someone told me to log back in real quick to read all this, and I am leaving with a smile on my face. If this did anything, it highlights why the office should be abolished. The fact that one position with no power, no substance, or not real authority can do all this is kind of hilarious. I've always said I love the hate, and with this I leave achieving part my goal.

I'm not leaving because I can't have fun, as some people have said. I never gave a damn about that either way. Me being president did not force me to act in a certain manner, I was still going to do whatever I wanted to do regardless if that was not entirely evident already. Me leaving is not because I could not have taken the responsibility, I could have just afked and did nothing and it would have worked. I also actively worked to get quite a bit done in the past few weeks.

I stated over and over, that I went into the office and had the mindset that it should be abolished. Specifically from the election drama, I just needed bench to ban himself in order to make the point. So this occurring was dependent on whether or not he behaved himself, as with his ban I could remove him then remove myself. Bench being banned was a foreseeable consequence when I took him on, and if he was banned it highlighted further why it should be abolished.

The main reason I'm leaving is because bluesteel is planning to leave at some point in the near future. Partly because of our debate and the RFDS involved in it. Either way I lost on those terms. I either won the debate by majority consensus (good or bad votes) and he left the site, or I conceded and just lost my purpose to be on here to begin with which was debate. Granted he told me he was going to leave anyway, and told me conceding would not fix the heart of the problem that he saw. That is why I never did serious debates after roy, because of the same stuff and the drama that accompanied serious debates on here.

_______________________________________________________________________

This is a debate site, a community of friends that gathers together for intellectual discussion or just to have fun. The office has no more power than what you give it , and everyone on here is acting like it's a real life office. Wake up, it's not. The fact that you let a position that has no real power, dictate and divide the sight like this is sad. Again It should be abolished.

This entire thing started out as a joke in the first election, and as with most things on the site is a popularity contest even after the point it got serious. Stop acting like it is some position of real authority and stop treating your friends like crap over a pointless position. Even after I leave people are still taking shots at each other. Just from the 5 mins I have logged back on the only thing I see is " you signed up for this, and signed up for that". Dear God I don't care. Anything I did as president, a 5 min old new member of the site could do. Its an invisible position that has the power that you lend it.

I left because a few of my friends are going to leave, and or are in the process of leaving. Plus I got tired of seeing pages of drama everyday. The ones that are on here that I talk to on a regular basis, I will check back up on through messages once in a while.

Some people get it, some people don't. Hate me or love me , i really don't care. The entire point to this is stop letting an imaginary office ruin the relationships you have built since you joined the site. This has divided best friends, good friends, and acquaintances. All over an online position that has no real value.

Stop talking about it, Stop escalating it, Stop clogging the main forums with it, and move on.

If you want to get in contact with me hit up bluesteel, zaradi, or cermank. I'll be back in a month or two when people get a reality check and stop acting like pricks over something that has a net value of 0. This is a drama fest because of that office and it should be abolished entirely because of that. This is no longer the site i logged in to a year ago.
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 8:27:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 8:24:43 AM, Mikal wrote:
Stop talking about it, Stop escalating it, Stop clogging the main forums with it, and move on.

Why should we stop talking about it when it's such a big deal that the president we just elected is leaving?
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 8:46:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
That's pretty messed up that Bluesteel would create a negative utility for voting against him by threatening to leave.

Maybe I should try to get a free win by doing that next time I'm losing. My opponent will concede out of pity and I can win a debate I would have otherwise lost.

We all have lost debates we feel like we should have won but the votes against him seemed well thought out and fair. I didn't read the debate but I read the RFDs and they were all alright.
Ajabi
Posts: 1,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 8:47:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 8:46:25 AM, Wylted wrote:
That's pretty messed up that Bluesteel would create a negative utility for voting against him by threatening to leave.

Maybe I should try to get a free win by doing that next time I'm losing. My opponent will concede out of pity and I can win a debate I would have otherwise lost.

We all have lost debates we feel like we should have won but the votes against him seemed well thought out and fair. I didn't read the debate but I read the RFDs and they were all alright.

+1
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 8:47:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 8:37:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
What was the point of this thread?

Leave now.

It is simple, he is uncomfortable with leaving. He claims he doesn't care yet he posted an entire essay. He also told people to stop doing things he doesn't like yet he claims he doesn't care. Often the words of a person is divorced from the actions of a person.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 8:48:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I saw the votes and the votes were good for both sides with the exception of the people who accepted the concession.
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 8:50:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
As usual, this contradicts what you said earlier, and you have done this throughout the entire election process.
I long stopped caring if it was you being manipulative or political.

The bottom line is, your fiery passion for improving the site has dissolved quickly upon entering the office, and your reasons for leaving are as selfish as your lost passion is suspect. Frankly, I don't know what to make of your entire run, since it was based on popularity, and you have contradicted yourself so many times, it boggles the mind.
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 8:52:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 8:46:25 AM, Wylted wrote:

We all have lost debates we feel like we should have won but the votes against him seemed well thought out and fair. I didn't read the debate but I read the RFDs and they were all alright.

*gasp!!!*
It's almost like....debates have no objective relevance and thus, are a waste of time.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 8:55:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 8:24:43 AM, Mikal wrote:
Someone told me to log back in real quick to read all this, and I am leaving with a smile on my face. If this did anything, it highlights why the office should be abolished. The fact that one position with no power, no substance, or not real authority can do all this is kind of hilarious. I've always said I love the hate, and with this I leave achieving part my goal.

I'm not leaving because I can't have fun, as some people have said. I never gave a damn about that either way. Me being president did not force me to act in a certain manner, I was still going to do whatever I wanted to do regardless if that was not entirely evident already. Me leaving is not because I could not have taken the responsibility, I could have just afked and did nothing and it would have worked. I also actively worked to get quite a bit done in the past few weeks.

I stated over and over, that I went into the office and had the mindset that it should be abolished. Specifically from the election drama, I just needed bench to ban himself in order to make the point. So this occurring was dependent on whether or not he behaved himself, as with his ban I could remove him then remove myself. Bench being banned was a foreseeable consequence when I took him on, and if he was banned it highlighted further why it should be abolished.

The main reason I'm leaving is because bluesteel is planning to leave at some point in the near future. Partly because of our debate and the RFDS involved in it. Either way I lost on those terms. I either won the debate by majority consensus (good or bad votes) and he left the site, or I conceded and just lost my purpose to be on here to begin with which was debate. Granted he told me he was going to leave anyway, and told me conceding would not fix the heart of the problem that he saw. That is why I never did serious debates after roy, because of the same stuff and the drama that accompanied serious debates on here.


_______________________________________________________________________

This is a debate site, a community of friends that gathers together for intellectual discussion or just to have fun. The office has no more power than what you give it , and everyone on here is acting like it's a real life office. Wake up, it's not. The fact that you let a position that has no real power, dictate and divide the sight like this is sad. Again It should be abolished.

This entire thing started out as a joke in the first election, and as with most things on the site is a popularity contest even after the point it got serious. Stop acting like it is some position of real authority and stop treating your friends like crap over a pointless position. Even after I leave people are still taking shots at each other. Just from the 5 mins I have logged back on the only thing I see is " you signed up for this, and signed up for that". Dear God I don't care. Anything I did as president, a 5 min old new member of the site could do. Its an invisible position that has the power that you lend it.


I left because a few of my friends are going to leave, and or are in the process of leaving. Plus I got tired of seeing pages of drama everyday. The ones that are on here that I talk to on a regular basis, I will check back up on through messages once in a while.

Some people get it, some people don't. Hate me or love me , i really don't care. The entire point to this is stop letting an imaginary office ruin the relationships you have built since you joined the site. This has divided best friends, good friends, and acquaintances. All over an online position that has no real value.

Stop talking about it, Stop escalating it, Stop clogging the main forums with it, and move on.

If you want to get in contact with me hit up bluesteel, zaradi, or cermank. I'll be back in a month or two when people get a reality check and stop acting like pricks over something that has a net value of 0. This is a drama fest because of that office and it should be abolished entirely because of that. This is no longer the site i logged in to a year ago.

TL;DR: I am grounded! I am humble! I am one with everything!
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:06:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:05:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You're wrong, Mikal. This site kept you from being homeless, and you betrayed every member on it.

How much did he get in donations?
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:06:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:05:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You're wrong, Mikal. This site kept you from being homeless, and you betrayed every member on it.

Technically, I'm assuming his friends did that.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:07:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:06:20 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:05:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You're wrong, Mikal. This site kept you from being homeless, and you betrayed every member on it.

How much did he get in donations?

Hundreds of dollars, if I recall correctly. Possibly even $1,000.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:08:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:06:40 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:05:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You're wrong, Mikal. This site kept you from being homeless, and you betrayed every member on it.

Technically, I'm assuming his friends did that.

Well, you know what they say about assumptions.
Yes, Imabench did a huge portion of it, but not all of it.
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:11:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:08:27 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:06:40 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:05:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You're wrong, Mikal. This site kept you from being homeless, and you betrayed every member on it.

Technically, I'm assuming his friends did that.

Well, you know what they say about assumptions.
Everything is an assumption to some degree.

Yes, Imabench did a huge portion of it, but not all of it.
What I meant is this:
1. Bluesteel set it up, not Mikal.
2. Bluesteel advertised it, not Mikal.
3. I'd wager that every one of those donations was from people that are friends of his, or at least like him enough and are charitable enough, to give him money.

It was not the site, it was a possibly two score of members, and, as I said, most, if not all, were his friends or people who respect him to say the least.

Also, IIRC, it was about $2600, but the amount is irrelevant.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:12:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is disappointing.

To think that you went in the office with the intention of creating havoc on the site, and appointed bench for the sole purpose of being a troublemaker, I don't even know what to say. Especially when I had to bite my tongue so many times during the elections because I didn't want to caste doubts on your motives, I just lost a lot of respect for you.

w/e.

This doesn't do sh1t to prove that presidency is a useless position. As I said during the election, presidency has power depending on who occupies that position. You just weren't fit for it.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:19:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:17:31 AM, Bullish wrote:
This thread is a piece of bullshyt within itself.

Such Bullish Huh?
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:20:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:11:45 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:08:27 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:06:40 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:05:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You're wrong, Mikal. This site kept you from being homeless, and you betrayed every member on it.

Technically, I'm assuming his friends did that.

Well, you know what they say about assumptions.
Everything is an assumption to some degree.

Yes, Imabench did a huge portion of it, but not all of it.
What I meant is this:
1. Bluesteel set it up, not Mikal.
2. Bluesteel advertised it, not Mikal.
3. I'd wager that every one of those donations was from people that are friends of his, or at least like him enough and are charitable enough, to give him money.

It was not the site, it was a possibly two score of members, and, as I said, most, if not all, were his friends or people who respect him to say the least.

I'm fairly certain many people who disliked Mikal also donated. It was a communal coming-together.

Also, IIRC, it was about $2600, but the amount is irrelevant.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:22:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:05:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You're wrong, Mikal. This site kept you from being homeless, and you betrayed every member on it.

Holy sh1t. That's fucked up lol. He took you rubes for a ride.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
Valkrin
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:23:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 8:37:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
What was the point of this thread?

Leave now.

^ This.
There's no point making a big deal out of it.
You go "omg I don't want drama" yet you make three forum posts talking about how you don't want it, obviously sparking it.

You simply state way too much and you just simply need to put this: "I give up because I can't handle everything on DDO anymore." That's it; nothing else. There's nothing else to be put. That is the summary of your 3 posts.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:28:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:23:38 AM, Valkrin wrote:

You go "omg I don't want drama" yet you make three forum posts talking about how you don't want it, obviously sparking it.

lol
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:33:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:20:03 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:11:45 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:08:27 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

It was not the site, it was a possibly two score of members, and, as I said, most, if not all, were his friends or people who respect him to say the least.

I'm fairly certain many people who disliked Mikal also donated. It was a communal coming-together.

We don't know that.
We know a few people who donated (bench, DK, bsh1, bluesteel, Zaradi), but there were others that did too.
For all we know, it could have been friends/respected colleagues (like the ones mentioned) and family/IRL friends.
Take about assumptions, mate ;)
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:35:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
If the presidency is pointless now its because the active members over the last few years made it that way.

Since the presidency has had any real meaning three moderators have been added. Not saying every president should become a mod, obviously with members like mikal winning. But the three out of four mods since.......... ever, well Nate but that was years ago, have been elected presidents at one time or another.

Juggle, mods and presidents are not killing this site. The active members are doing a fine job of that. For the first time ever the threat is not trolls, wars or inactive owners/mods. It's each and every one of the active, and especially the prominent/popular members, that truely threaten this community. It's sad and kinda disgusting really.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:44:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:12:25 AM, Cermank wrote:
This is disappointing.

To think that you went in the office with the intention of creating havoc on the site, and appointed bench for the sole purpose of being a troublemaker, I don't even know what to say. Especially when I had to bite my tongue so many times during the elections because I didn't want to caste doubts on your motives, I just lost a lot of respect for you.

What about the people who voted for him?

w/e.

This doesn't do sh1t to prove that presidency is a useless position. As I said during the election, presidency has power depending on who occupies that position. You just weren't fit for it.

lol no. The person who happens to be president has power with or without the position. For example TUF submitted a good amount of code to Juggle during his term, he could have done (and I believe has done) that even if he wasn't president. The title is empty and meaningless.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
XLAV
Posts: 13,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:50:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:05:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You're wrong, Mikal. This site kept you from being homeless, and you betrayed every member on it.

It wasn't an obligation. It was a donation.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:53:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:33:59 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:20:03 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:11:45 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:08:27 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

It was not the site, it was a possibly two score of members, and, as I said, most, if not all, were his friends or people who respect him to say the least.

I'm fairly certain many people who disliked Mikal also donated. It was a communal coming-together.

We don't know that.
We know a few people who donated (bench, DK, bsh1, bluesteel, Zaradi), but there were others that did too.
For all we know, it could have been friends/respected colleagues (like the ones mentioned) and family/IRL friends.
Take about assumptions, mate ;)

It's not an assumption...I remember many posts about how 'I know we don't get along but....'
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 9:54:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 9:50:14 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 1/6/2015 9:05:19 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
You're wrong, Mikal. This site kept you from being homeless, and you betrayed every member on it.

It wasn't an obligation. It was a donation.

A center point of Mikal's campaign was about giving back to the community that helped him.