Jump to topic:

Mikal is a good president

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:23:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mikal has been great as a president. I loved his updates. I thought they were better to read and more informative than we've been used to. He's started a bunch of positive programs.

The guy has just had a moment of weakness. He was stressed out and did something rash. We knew going into this that despite his many strengths that he does have a bit of a maturity issue and episodes like this are to be expected.

We knew his immaturity when he chose people as being a part of his administration based strictly on his friendship with him. We knew it based on how he entered the campaign, totally unprepared and on a whim.

We've accepted these weaknesses because we wanted to focus on the strengths he brings to the table. Mikal hasn't let us down. We've let Mikal down. The community should be showing the pain of their loss in a more appropriate way. Be honest guys. Let Mikal know you're sad by this loss. Stop masking your sadness as anger. People will believe your mask.

For those of you who are saying "I told you so". Grow up and get behind your president. If you can't get behind your president STFU.

Just like I thought that the concession in Mikal's gun debate should have been rejected, I think his resignation could be rejected.

Garbanza had a good point when she said we should reject his resignation just like she rejects her boyfriends dumping her.

@Mikal, We know you're immature and impulsive. We elected you knowing that, but we also elected you knowing you have the heart of a lion and can overcome any odds. The odds you need to overcome right now is your self doubt and low self esteem. You can keep the immaturity.

Dude stop being a pvssy and get back in here and finish the fight. A lot of us are rooting for you, just because your critics are the most vocal, doesn't mean they're representative of all of us.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:31:32 AM
So, you want an immature and impulsive quitter to represent us to Juggle?
How can you have any faith in that? How can you trust he'll push harder than others would?

He was given the chance, he did not rise up to the challenge, and is quitting.
He is ill-equipped to lead.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:39:50 AM
If he was a good president, we wouldn't be having this conversation. None of this would have happened. He doesn't need "another chance", considering that he's done nothing to show that he deserves it. He's deserted his post because he couldn't act like he needed to act. That's all there is to it.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:40:29 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:23:04 AM, Wylted wrote:
I agreed for the first sentiments until it degenerated into weakness being considered acceptable. I refuse to have a weak leader. As Mussolini said "If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, cut me down! If I die, avenge me!"

If he doesn't plan to grow a pair of balls and muster up some resolve, he should not come back as president.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:41:28 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:31:32 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
How can you have any faith in that? How can you trust he'll push harder than others would?

And a Phoenix rises from the ashes.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:44:47 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:41:28 AM, Wylted wrote:

So,let me get this straight.
You admit that he had flaws, but gave him a chance (which is what he asked for).
You admit that he still has flaws. (no change)
You somehow believe he will change.
Why?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:45:22 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:39:50 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
If he was a good president, we wouldn't be having this conversation. None of this would have happened. He doesn't need "another chance", considering that he's done nothing to show that he deserves it. He's deserted his post because he couldn't act like he needed to act. That's all there is to it.

He's acted precisely as we knew he would. It's clear he needed to adjust to the position and had to overcome a bit of a curve. This was evident before the election. We knew he'd need the people who surrounded him to step up and keep him in line a bit.

What has he done that's unexpected? He's done a great job with the exception of his recent action.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:46:19 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:40:29 AM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
I agreed for the first sentiments until it degenerated into weakness being considered acceptable. I refuse to have a weak leader. As Mussolini said "If I advance, follow me! If I retreat, cut me down! If I die, avenge me!"

If he doesn't plan to grow a pair of balls and muster up some resolve, he should not come back as president.

I don't think he'd even be able to do that unless he's already grown a set and mustered up the resolve to do it.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:47:15 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:44:47 AM, KhaosMage wrote:

You admit that he had flaws, but gave him a chance (which is what he asked for).
Why?

I don't think he'll change. I don't think he needs to change. I think he's great the way he is. He just needs to grow a pair.
Ajabi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:47:29 AM
Mikal has been great as a president. I loved his updates. I thought they were better to read and more informative than we've been used to. He's started a bunch of positive programs.

The guy has just had a moment of weakness. He was stressed out and did something rash. We knew going into this that despite his many strengths that he does have a bit of a maturity issue and episodes like this are to be expected.

We knew his immaturity when he chose people as being a part of his administration based strictly on his friendship with him. We knew it based on how he entered the campaign, totally unprepared and on a whim.

We've accepted these weaknesses because we wanted to focus on the strengths he brings to the table. Mikal hasn't let us down. We've let Mikal down. The community should be showing the pain of their loss in a more appropriate way. Be honest guys. Let Mikal know you're sad by this loss. Stop masking your sadness as anger. People will believe your mask.

For those of you who are saying "I told you so". Grow up and get behind your president. If you can't get behind your president STFU.

Just like I thought that the concession in Mikal's gun debate should have been rejected, I think his resignation could be rejected.

Garbanza had a good point when she said we should reject his resignation just like she rejects her boyfriends dumping her.

@Mikal, We know you're immature and impulsive. We elected you knowing that, but we also elected you knowing you have the heart of a lion and can overcome any odds. The odds you need to overcome right now is your self doubt and low self esteem. You can keep the immaturity.

Dude stop being a pvssy and get back in here and finish the fight. A lot of us are rooting for you, just because your critics are the most vocal, doesn't mean they're representative of all of us.

I am one of those people who talked to a lot of people on Mikal's behalf, though I stayed out of the lime light. I also voted for Mikal, and I was the one who, for better or for worse, first contacted Imabench on Mikal's request.

I have always stood by Mikal, and he knows it. I love the guy, but the thing is, perhaps he is not ready for the presidency. Perhaps we do not even need the presidency. In the end after all this drams, resigning like that was not right. if it was airmax, after all this time he has a bout and angrily resigns, I'd be behind him to get him back. Not here, not with Mikal.

I think its time we abolish the presidency. Really it means nothing, airmax has all the power, and I trust airmax. In the end the president can do nothing. All the things in the platforms can be done by people.

I told Mikal in a PM that I'll always be with him. Tho this has ended, and we need to leave it at that.

Mikal if you're reading this know you're one of the best members that debate.org has. I think its wrong for you to leave, we are like your family, no? Did we not send aid in time of your crisis? Have we not been there on G+ with you and Marina, the laughs and the sad times? You should not have left, and you should be a member even now.

I also think its bad of bluesteel to do what he did. To say to Mikal that he'll leave the site if he loses the debate. I feel like voting against bluesteel just for that. The RFDs provided are fine. If he wants to leave, fine, he does not need to guilt Mikal. Mikal has always had a soft spot of friends.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:50:33 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:45:22 AM, Wylted wrote:

He's acted precisely as we knew he would. It's clear he needed to adjust to the position and had to overcome a bit of a curve. This was evident before the election. We knew he'd need the people who surrounded him to step up and keep him in line a bit.

What has he done that's unexpected? He's done a great job with the exception of his recent action.

He's done nothing that was unexpected, which is exactly why I and many others didn't vote for him. This wasn't hard to see coming, and the fact that it did come is more evidence for the fact that he was not and is not for to be president.

I don't care what pressure he's under. He's the one who acted in such a way to draw that pressure. It's all his fault, and there's no reason to let him off without any blame.

The buck stops with the President, and that's a fact.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:50:51 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:47:15 AM, Wylted wrote:

Why?

I don't think he'll change. I don't think he needs to change. I think he's great the way he is. He just needs to grow a pair.

This does not answer the question at all.
You seem to agree that his flaws affect his presidency. We all knew this, you said.
He did not grow a pair, so why do you think he will?

Frankly, I'm surprised you are so invested in this.
But, given your love for controversy, I can see why you backed him and continue to do so.
But, didn't Mikal himself say that Blade was too weak as president and will cause more harm to the site. So, assuming that was true, Mikal cannot serve, as he has asked for a chance, failed, and is now damaged goods.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:53:53 AM

he said it wasn't rash
I stated over and over, that I went into the office and had the mindset that it should be abolished. Specifically from the election drama, I just needed bench to ban himself in order to make the point. So this occurring was dependent on whether or not he behaved himself, as with his ban I could remove him then remove myself. Bench being banned was a foreseeable consequence when I took him on, and if he was banned it highlighted further why it should be abolished.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:56:20 AM
Also, Wylted, what exactly has Mikal done that was good, as a president?
Nothing I am aware of was unable to be accomplished as a member.
In fact, as I said in the election, all but five of his views were irrelevant to being president, and the rest had to do with juggle and/or Airmax agreeing with him, which, as far as I can see, none of those occurred.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:59:02 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:50:33 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

He's done nothing that was unexpected, which is exactly why I and many others didn't vote for him. This wasn't hard to see coming, and the fact that it did come is more evidence for the fact that he was not and is not for to be president.

I don't care what pressure he's under. He's the one who acted in such a way to draw that pressure. It's all his fault, and there's no reason to let him off without any blame.

Yes but it's also a fact that while he was serving he did a better job as president than anyone before him. So despite the weaknesses it's an overall positive.

I'm surprised that so few people are able to see anything other than weaknesses as if we all don't have them or as if being able to easily point out a few means anything special.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 10:59:58 AM
Just to be honest, he looks weak and scared.

But to be even more frank, he's a direct reflection of the community that elected him.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:02:57 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:59:02 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/6/2015 10:50:33 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Yes but it's also a fact that while he was serving he did a better job as president than anyone before him. So despite the weaknesses it's an overall positive.

I'm surprised that so few people are able to see anything other than weaknesses as if we all don't have them or as if being able to easily point out a few means anything special.

If the president is taken to be a representative to Juggle, then Innomen and Airmax did FAR (as in an infinite amount) more than Mikal. Mikal started a few tournaments. Max basically made Juggle confident in the site and he was trusted so much he was made a mod.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:03:09 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:50:51 AM, KhaosMage wrote:

Why?

You seem to agree that his flaws affect his presidency. We all knew this, you said.

Everybody who could conceivably have that position have flaws which would affect their presidency.

It's personal advice and not indicative of whether he'll be able to continue to do a great job as he has already proven he can.

But, given your love for controversy, I can see why you backed him and continue to do so.
But, didn't Mikal himself say that Blade was too weak as president and will cause more harm to the site. So, assuming that was true, Mikal cannot serve, as he has asked for a chance, failed, and is now damaged goods.

Have you read the popular list of things Lincoln failed at? His (Mikal's) presidency isn't a failure, not yet.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:03:53 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:53:53 AM, Cermank wrote:

he said it wasn't rash

And I'm sure he believes that, but it's not true.

I stated over and over, that I went into the office and had the mindset that it should be abolished. Specifically from the election drama, I just needed bench to ban himself in order to make the point. So this occurring was dependent on whether or not he behaved himself, as with his ban I could remove him then remove myself. Bench being banned was a foreseeable consequence when I took him on, and if he was banned it highlighted further why it should be abolished.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:04:29 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:59:58 AM, jharry wrote:
Just to be honest, he looks weak and scared.

But to be even more frank, he's a direct reflection of the community that elected him.

Most of his votes came from members who only barely met the minimum voting requirements and will probably never log into the site again.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:08:23 AM
At 1/6/2015 11:03:09 AM, Wylted wrote:

Why?

Everybody who could conceivably have that position have flaws which would affect their presidency.
So?
He ran, not everyone. He admitted these faults and asked for a chance. He got one. He failed. He runs away.

It's personal advice and not indicative of whether he'll be able to continue to do a great job as he has already proven he can.
So.....not answering the question, I see.

Have you read the popular list of things Lincoln failed at? His (Mikal's) presidency isn't a failure, not yet.
Why don't you list what he has done as president, and then list the things he needed to be president to do.

The bottom line is:
He asked for a chance. He failed and bailed.
Why should we give him another chance, especially when he himself doesn't want one?
Further, why should we expect a different result, especially when Mikal himself stated this was all a ruse and doesn't believe the position he has should even exist?
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:16:39 AM

Supporting a president based on updates alone is silly. But really, if you put mikal and blade's updates side by side and compare them... they are no different. Mikal has more to talk about update wise because more drama has stemmed from this election than ever before. But I'd like to hear specifically *why* you think they are better.

Also, what positive programs? I'd like to hear of some programs he has instituted that he couldn't have done as a normal member.

His immaturity is the very reason he shouldn't have been president in the first place...

This is totally wrong. Mikal left because stuff got inconvenient for him and he couldn't handle it. If his presidency really was a ploy to prove how stupid having a president is, then that makes it even worse. His contraversial campain tactics and substandard conduct during the short time that he was president caused a rediculous amount of drama and negatively impacted the site overall.
I cannot think of a single strength mikal has that prooves he would be a worthy president. A worthy member? sure... but not president

That concession was a BS pity party just like him leaving the site was. He's trying to make himself look like a marytr by forfieting a debate, simply because we all know he was originally winning due to sh1tty voting

^If he comes back, he 100% should not stay president after his current conduct. That being said, he should stay on the site...
All his reasoning behind doing what he did was incredibly selfish and you can't deny that.
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:22:49 AM
At 1/6/2015 10:46:19 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/6/2015 10:40:29 AM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

I don't think he'd even be able to do that unless he's already grown a set and mustered up the resolve to do it.

Well I know one thing, whom ever his advisers or friends are need to tell him to relax or man up. Mikal claims he doesn't want drama yet he intentionally comes to this site to aggravate himself after he claimed he needed a break. Is he a masochist or something?
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:26:00 AM

Although I have voted for Mikal and I've been a supporter , this is no way to act I voted for him to get things done and his conduct was largely irrelevant to me but now it is clear when things get inconvenient he will run away rather then deal with it.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:26:39 AM
At 1/6/2015 11:08:23 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/6/2015 11:03:09 AM, Wylted wrote:

Why?

So?
He ran, not everyone. He admitted these faults and asked for a chance. He got one. He failed. He runs away.

So.....not answering the question, I see.

Why don't you list what he has done as president, and then list the things he needed to be president to do.

The bottom line is:
He asked for a chance. He failed and bailed.
Why should we give him another chance, especially when he himself doesn't want one?

That question is nonsensical. We don't need to give him another chance. He just needs to get in here and do his thing.

Further, why should we expect a different result, especially when Mikal himself stated this was all a ruse and doesn't believe the position he has should even exist?

That's just the "poor me" part of him talking.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:27:33 AM
+1 to everything Khaos and Debatability are saying. They've got good heads on thier shoulders.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:30:21 AM
At 1/6/2015 11:16:39 AM, debatability wrote:

Supporting a president based on updates alone is silly. But really, if you put mikal and blade's updates side by side and compare them... they are no different. Mikal has more to talk about update wise because more drama has stemmed from this election than ever before. But I'd like to hear specifically *why* you think they are better.

Also, what positive programs? I'd like to hear of some programs he has instituted that he couldn't have done as a normal member.

His immaturity is the very reason he shouldn't have been president in the first place...

This is totally wrong. Mikal left because stuff got inconvenient for him and he couldn't handle it. If his presidency really was a ploy to prove how stupid having a president is, then that makes it even worse. His contraversial campain tactics and substandard conduct during the short time that he was president caused a rediculous amount of drama and negatively impacted the site overall.
I cannot think of a single strength mikal has that prooves he would be a worthy president. A worthy member? sure... but not president

That concession was a BS pity party just like him leaving the site was. He's trying to make himself look like a marytr by forfieting a debate, simply because we all know he was originally winning due to sh1tty voting

I haven't read the debate, but I read the RFDs and they seem legit and the members awarding Mikal the win look like they're Liberally biased so I don't see bias playing a factor. It seemed like Bluesteel threatened to quit DDO if he lost a debate and therefore create a negative utility to vote against him

^If he comes back, he 100% should not stay president after his current conduct. That being said, he should stay on the site...
All his reasoning behind doing what he did was incredibly selfish and you can't deny that.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:31:56 AM
At 1/6/2015 11:01:08 AM, Cermank wrote:

Its been long, how have you been?

I can't complain, how about you?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:33:35 AM
At 1/6/2015 11:31:56 AM, jharry wrote:
At 1/6/2015 11:01:08 AM, Cermank wrote:

Its been long, how have you been?

I can't complain, how about you?

been better, lol.

you should be on here more. i loved reading your posts.