airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:09:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hey DDO,

How's it goin?

I hope you are all doing well, and are all having an excellent start to your 2015.

I've heard some stuff has been happening lately, so I figured I should say some things.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Bladerunner and Whiteflame. Both have been doing an excellent job in their role as moderators. While there is much work to be done in certain areas, and certainly there are things I want to improve upon, both of them have been working hard to help in whatever way they can, and their dedication to helping the site has been commendable.

Secondly, I'd like to thank every other members who has at any point contributed something to the site. There's a long list of people who have been great contributors, and if I even mentioned a few dozen of them, I'd inevitably be leaving people unmentioned. So you know who you are, whether your contributions are big or small, in view of everyone, or behind the scenes, thank you.

Finally I'd like to address some of the issues of late. I don't think there's much to say that hasn't been said by someone, so I don't think there's really much that I can add. Unfortunate things happen, I hope everyone maintains some perspective, and that all involved will take a personal accounting of what's occurred here and learn from it.

Now it's time to move on.

With that in mind, the presidency will go on. There is no inherent negativity attached to the presidency and until recently in fact, we had seen very little of it in its history.

There is no current president as the most recent administration has been dissolved, so now we should move on, and I think the best way to do this is jump right in. In that spirit, a special election will happen this Friday.

I will act as election organizer (unless a volunteer PMs me - and I specifically want a PM, do not offer your services in this thread) and we will use updated voting criteria:

Minimum 2 months membership (60 days), 3 debates with no FFs from either side and 100 forums posts or 250 combined Opinion Arguments, Opinion Questions, Poll Votes, Poll Topics.

So to qualify to vote you have to be a member for 2 months, have 3 completed debates (all completed before the day of the election) and 100 forum posts. Or, 2 months membership, 3 completed debates and 250 combined Opinion Arguments, Opinion Questions, Poll Votes, Poll Topics.

So the minimum requirement to vote will be, 2 months membership and 3 completed debates with no FFs. Then either 100 forum posts or 250 combined Opinion Arguments, Opinion Questions, Poll Votes, Poll Topics.

This isn't a perfect criteria, but it's a working plan and will be a working concept in this special election. I hope whoever becomes the next president will be enthusiastic to work on this, since it's been a tough project to work on to put it simply. There's no perfect system, there's no genuinely fair way to implement something. This is what I see as best at the moment from many conversations I've had and while I don't want to disenfranchise anyone, we need to move forward with this. I do hope that by the next election we will create a mechanism for change that is fair and practical.

To summarize:

1) A special election will happen this Friday. The term will last until mid-June, ending when the previous president's term would have.

2) The requirements for voting in this election are as follows: Minimum 2 months membership (60 days), 3 debates with no FFs from either side and 100 forums posts or 250 combined Opinion Arguments, Opinion Questions, Poll Votes, Poll Topics.

3) I love you all, have a nice day.

Thank you.
Debate.org Moderator
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:10:15 PM
I love the title of this thread.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:15:36 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:10:15 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I love the title of this thread.

I was torn about using it, but it did really well in focus groups so I went with it.
Debate.org Moderator
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:21:05 PM
Like a frickin boss
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:21:24 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:09:23 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Hey DDO,

How's it goin?

I hope you are all doing well, and are all having an excellent start to your 2015.

I've heard some stuff has been happening lately, so I figured I should say some things.

Firstly, I'd like to thank Bladerunner and Whiteflame. Both have been doing an excellent job in their role as moderators. While there is much work to be done in certain areas, and certainly there are things I want to improve upon, both of them have been working hard to help in whatever way they can, and their dedication to helping the site has been commendable.

Secondly, I'd like to thank every other members who has at any point contributed something to the site. There's a long list of people who have been great contributors, and if I even mentioned a few dozen of them, I'd inevitably be leaving people unmentioned. So you know who you are, whether your contributions are big or small, in view of everyone, or behind the scenes, thank you.

Finally I'd like to address some of the issues of late. I don't think there's much to say that hasn't been said by someone, so I don't think there's really much that I can add. Unfortunate things happen, I hope everyone maintains some perspective, and that all involved will take a personal accounting of what's occurred here and learn from it.

With that in mind, the presidency will go on. There is no inherent negativity attached to the presidency and until recently in fact, we had seen very little of it in its history.

There is no current president as the most recent administration has been dissolved, so now we should move on, and I think the best way to do this is jump right in. In that spirit, a special election will happen this Friday.

I will act as election organizer (unless a volunteer PMs me - and I specifically want a PM, do not offer your services in this thread) and we will use updated voting criteria:

Minimum 2 months membership (60 days), 3 debates with no FFs from either side and 100 forums posts or 250 combined Opinion Arguments, Opinion Questions, Poll Votes, Poll Topics.

So to qualify to vote you have to be a member for 2 months, have 3 completed debates (all completed before the day of the election) and 100 forum posts. Or, 2 months membership, 3 completed debates and 250 combined Opinion Arguments, Opinion Questions, Poll Votes, Poll Topics.

So the minimum requirement to vote will be, 2 months membership and 3 completed debates with no FFs. Then either 100 forum posts or 250 combined Opinion Arguments, Opinion Questions, Poll Votes, Poll Topics.

This isn't a perfect criteria, but it's a working plan and will be a working concept in this special election. I hope whoever becomes the next president will be enthusiastic to work on this, since it's been a tough project to work on to put it simply. There's no perfect system, there's no genuinely fair way to implement something. This is what I see as best at the moment from many conversations I've had and while I don't want to disenfranchise anyone, we need to move forward with this. I do hope that by the next election we will create a mechanism for change that is fair and practical.

To summarize:

1) A special election will happen this Friday. The term will last until mid-June, ending when the previous president's term would have.

2) The requirements for voting in this election are as follows: Minimum 2 months membership (60 days), 3 debates with no FFs from either side and 100 forums posts or 250 combined Opinion Arguments, Opinion Questions, Poll Votes, Poll Topics.

Thank you.

Huzzah! Our savior airmax has returned. We love you too airmax. <3
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:21:31 PM
Hey DDO,

How's it goin?

To summarize:

Thank you.

Does that mean I can vote? Or did my eyes just single out the polls part?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:22:29 PM
Very creative title, and I love you too.
Also, you literally repeated the full list of requirements four times, lol.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:23:11 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:21:24 PM, That1User wrote:

Huzzah! Our savior airmax has returned. We love you too airmax. <3

I actually never left, and the rumors of my death were greatly exaggerated.

And thank you.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:23:38 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:21:31 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

You need to have 3 debates completed.
Debate.org Moderator
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:24:07 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:23:38 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Ugh...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:24:39 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:22:29 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Very creative title, and I love you too.
Also, you literally repeated the full list of requirements four times, lol.

Yup. I wanted it to be very clear since it is possible that it might be misunderstood....
Debate.org Moderator
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:27:15 PM

Does debates in the voting period count?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:28:17 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:27:15 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

Must be completed by the day of the election, but they can be in the voting period. So yes, those will count.
Debate.org Moderator
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:28:43 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:28:17 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Must be completed by the day of the election, but they can be in the voting period. So yes, those will count.

All right. :D
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:28:57 PM
I think this is a good thing...though it doesn't give much time to campaign. Still, I am glad that this is taking place.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:29:44 PM
"This is a thread from Airmax"

Oh... So it wasn't that Airminimum guy I've been seeing around?
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:30:05 PM
Hey DDO,

How's it goin?
Good, and you?

Yah, same to you <3

power to da mods

woot to those people

movvvveee onnnnnnn *sings*

yeah rite lol

ok

umm...

wait- but.. 0.o

To summarize:

yayay

ok ok we geddit

Love you too Max. Same to you!

Thank you.
No- thank you

VOTE AIRMAX1227 FOR PRES 2015
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:35:17 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:30:05 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Hey DDO,

How's it goin?
Good, and you?

I'm good, thank you. Thanks for asking.

Yah, same to you <3

Thank you.

power to da mods

woot to those people

Woot to these people indeed.

movvvveee onnnnnnn *sings*

This is probably a song I'm not familiar with.

yeah rite lol

ok

umm...

wait- but.. 0.o

To summarize:

yayay

ok ok we geddit

Just making sure...

Love you too Max. Same to you!

Thank you.
No- thank you

VOTE AIRMAX1227 FOR PRES 2015

haha please don't
Debate.org Moderator
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:37:02 PM

Another question: Will voting just be one day or multiple days?

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:37:08 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:28:57 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I think this is a good thing...though it doesn't give much time to campaign. Still, I am glad that this is taking place.

I'm not sure much time is needed to campaign.... and just a few days should be enough in this circumstance. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:37:59 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:37:02 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

It will be a standard election. Friday to Sunday.
Debate.org Moderator
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:38:18 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:37:59 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 1/6/2015 11:37:02 PM, mishapqueen wrote:

It will be a standard election. Friday to Sunday.

Oh, all right. :D

--Joey

Nunc aut Numquam
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:38:29 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:29:44 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Correct. This is a thread from Airmax.
Debate.org Moderator
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:39:26 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:38:29 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Well you tell that Airmax guy that I don't like his style.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:40:03 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:39:26 PM, donald.keller wrote:

I will. He referred to himself in the third person - what a jerk.
Debate.org Moderator
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:41:26 PM
When is the airmax1228 coming out?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:41:36 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:40:03 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 1/6/2015 11:39:26 PM, donald.keller wrote:

I will. He referred to himself in the third person - what a jerk.

I know, right? We should ban him <_< We don't need his kind around here.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:42:01 PM

After this term, would you be so kind as to become our shadowy overlord, and rule over DDO with an iron fist until the server crumbles to dust, crushing dissent and bad taste with no remorse or hesitation?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:43:20 PM
At 1/6/2015 11:41:26 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
When is the airmax1228 coming out?

Juggle is working on it... there's no timeline set for it's approval and release yet though... but they are working on it.
Debate.org Moderator