Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

You guys should vote for Ore-El

Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 8:22:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The guy has a good reputation and will restore a lot of honor to the office of president. I don't think anybody is more fit for the position.

Despite the fact that I'll be voting for him, I'm not withdrawing my name from the race. I will absolutely do nothing and be nothing if I get elected president. I'm here just as an outlet for protest votes against the office of presidency and will accept the position if elected and keep my promise to be useless.

In summary, I think there is no better fit to restore honor to the office and am rooting for Ore El, but I'm staying in the race as the candidate that will be useless if elected.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 12:10:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 8:22:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
The guy has a good reputation and will restore a lot of honor to the office of president. I don't think anybody is more fit for the position.

Despite the fact that I'll be voting for him, I'm not withdrawing my name from the race. I will absolutely do nothing and be nothing if I get elected president. I'm here just as an outlet for protest votes against the office of presidency and will accept the position if elected and keep my promise to be useless.

In summary, I think there is no better fit to restore honor to the office and am rooting for Ore El, but I'm staying in the race as the candidate that will be useless if elected.

I have no idea who is running (don't have the time to look atm), but OreEle should definitely be president. He's managed most of the elections, hall of fame, been a mod, and brought us and helped to implement Elo (and before that periodically calculated it on his own). Juggle already trusts him. He has technical knowledge. Mod experience. And he's done a lot for the site already.

Doesn't matter who else is running. OreEle should be president.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,035
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 12:33:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 12:10:44 PM, phantom wrote:
At 1/7/2015 8:22:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
The guy has a good reputation and will restore a lot of honor to the office of president. I don't think anybody is more fit for the position.

Despite the fact that I'll be voting for him, I'm not withdrawing my name from the race. I will absolutely do nothing and be nothing if I get elected president. I'm here just as an outlet for protest votes against the office of presidency and will accept the position if elected and keep my promise to be useless.

In summary, I think there is no better fit to restore honor to the office and am rooting for Ore El, but I'm staying in the race as the candidate that will be useless if elected.

I have no idea who is running (don't have the time to look atm), but OreEle should definitely be president. He's managed most of the elections, hall of fame, been a mod, and brought us and helped to implement Elo (and before that periodically calculated it on his own). Juggle already trusts him. He has technical knowledge. Mod experience. And he's done a lot for the site already.

Doesn't matter who else is running. OreEle should be president.

I agree!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 1:17:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
He's a good person, but we're not being given a choice, which makes this "election" a farce.

Airmax should have the honesty to say, "I've picked oreele and debatability to replace Mikal and Imabench until the next election. Deal with it." Instead we have to dress up and play democracy as if we were a bunch of uh dress up people.

Anyway why did you say "I'm serious" about runnung for president if you weren't?
KhaosMage
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 1:20:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 1:17:50 PM, Garbanza wrote:
He's a good person, but we're not being given a choice, which makes this "election" a farce.

Airmax should have the honesty to say, "I've picked oreele and debatability to replace Mikal and Imabench until the next election. Deal with it." Instead we have to dress up and play democracy as if we were a bunch of uh dress up people.

There is nothing stopping from you running, or anyone else.
Another candidate may surface in the next two days.
I see Lannan threw his hat in the ring.
Subutai
Posts: 3,223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 1:40:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Of all the people on this site, I'd probably only consider Ore_Ele and bladerunner as viable candidates for the presidency (apart from airmax and innomen, who, however, won't be running). I still like the idea of having no president better, but I'd get myself behind their ticket if the anarchism option has no chance.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 1:52:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 1:40:44 PM, Subutai wrote:
Of all the people on this site, I'd probably only consider Ore_Ele and bladerunner as viable candidates for the presidency (apart from airmax and innomen, who, however, won't be running). I still like the idea of having no president better, but I'd get myself behind their ticket if the anarchism option has no chance.

lol.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 2:02:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 2:01:19 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
I think Ore_Ele would be a great president, but isn't he a mod?

He stepped down a few months ago.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 2:06:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 1:40:44 PM, Subutai wrote:
I still like the idea of having no president better, but I'd get myself behind their ticket if the anarchism option has no chance.

Airmax already announced that we'll be having a special election starting this Friday.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 2:16:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 2:06:03 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/7/2015 1:40:44 PM, Subutai wrote:
I still like the idea of having no president better, but I'd get myself behind their ticket if the anarchism option has no chance.

Airmax already announced that we'll be having a special election starting this Friday.

Yes, and he's explained that anarchism isn't allowed as well.

Sigh. I can't even put my finger on why, but all this is so depressing.
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 2:43:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 8:22:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
The guy has a good reputation and will restore a lot of honor to the office of president. I don't think anybody is more fit for the position.

Despite the fact that I'll be voting for him, I'm not withdrawing my name from the race. I will absolutely do nothing and be nothing if I get elected president. I'm here just as an outlet for protest votes against the office of presidency and will accept the position if elected and keep my promise to be useless.

In summary, I think there is no better fit to restore honor to the office and am rooting for Ore El, but I'm staying in the race as the candidate that will be useless if elected.

Ok, since you won't be campaigning, you won't be getting any presidential artwork like the last president.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
TrueScotsman
Posts: 515
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 2:55:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 8:22:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
The guy has a good reputation and will restore a lot of honor to the office of president. I don't think anybody is more fit for the position.

Despite the fact that I'll be voting for him, I'm not withdrawing my name from the race. I will absolutely do nothing and be nothing if I get elected president. I'm here just as an outlet for protest votes against the office of presidency and will accept the position if elected and keep my promise to be useless.

In summary, I think there is no better fit to restore honor to the office and am rooting for Ore El, but I'm staying in the race as the candidate that will be useless if elected.

But I pledged to vote for you since you would do nothing! lol
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 3:11:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Actually, it makes no difference who wylted says we should vote for because his opinion means nothing. That's the whole point. I like it better, actually, that he says not to, and I'm voting for him anyway.
Beginner
Posts: 4,292
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 3:23:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 3:11:21 PM, Garbanza wrote:
Actually, it makes no difference who wylted says we should vote for because his opinion means nothing. That's the whole point. I like it better, actually, that he says not to, and I'm voting for him anyway.

Hi. :)
Senpai has noticed you.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 3:24:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 2:43:48 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 1/7/2015 8:22:39 AM, Wylted wrote:
The guy has a good reputation and will restore a lot of honor to the office of president. I don't think anybody is more fit for the position.

Despite the fact that I'll be voting for him, I'm not withdrawing my name from the race. I will absolutely do nothing and be nothing if I get elected president. I'm here just as an outlet for protest votes against the office of presidency and will accept the position if elected and keep my promise to be useless.

In summary, I think there is no better fit to restore honor to the office and am rooting for Ore El, but I'm staying in the race as the candidate that will be useless if elected.

Ok, since you won't be campaigning, you won't be getting any presidential artwork like the last president.

I'm taking campaign contributions.