Attention DDO presidency abolitionists

Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 5:27:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
To those who want to abolish the presidency:
Having the presidency abolished means to have it functionally nullified. Thus, my candidacy serves your purpose. I would be the functionally non-existent president, and would, in effect, serve the abolition movement. I would be president but not president because I literally don't propose to do anything with the title (other than wear my shiny metaphysical hat).
<(8D)
^designed by some foolish hatmaker

DDO is determined to have a president regardless of this petition. The election will occur Friday.
Want to see what DDO will be like with no functional president?
Vote me come Friday.
Senpai has noticed you.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 5:49:49 PM
At 1/7/2015 5:27:55 PM, Beginner wrote:
Having the presidency abolished means to have it functionally nullified. Thus, my candidacy serves your purpose. I would be the functionally non-existent president, and would, in effect, serve the abolition movement. I would be president but not president because I literally don't propose to do anything with the title (other than wear my shiny metaphysical hat).
<(8D)

DDO is determined to have a president regardless of this petition. The election will occur Friday.
Vote me come Friday.

Instead, let's just elect a President who will do the job right and at the same time will not bring about more drama.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 6:08:36 PM
At 1/7/2015 5:49:49 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Instead, let's just elect a President who will do the job right and at the same time will not bring about more drama.
What the presidency has come to represent is a tailoring to the vocal, intellectual elite.
To 'do the job right' is to acquiesce to this elite. DDO's politics has hit a trench. What we need to do is to back off slowly before we drive on, to slowly back off from elitism. We don't need a president, and now's as good a time to begin the term to slowly drop existing unreasonable standards.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 6:09:04 PM
At 1/7/2015 5:49:49 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

BEGONE FALSE ABOLITIONIST!! D:<
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 6:31:02 PM
At 1/7/2015 6:08:36 PM, Beginner wrote:
We don't need a president, and now's as good a time to begin the term to slowly drop existing unreasonable [DDOians'] standards [of what the presidency should be about].

Additive: Drama is created by those unhappy because their standards and expectations are not met. Much of these standards are unreasonable. For the health of the position of the DDO presidency and to alleviate the community's unreasonable pressure on the position, I propose we dispense with the presidency for at least a term.

Since abolition is likely not happening as evidenced by the election come Friday, I am, as one of the most average members on the site, running for the presidency as the leading voice to the abolition movement.
Senpai has noticed you.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 7:31:28 PM
At 1/7/2015 5:27:55 PM, Beginner wrote:
<(8D)

Vote me come Friday.

You completely ripped off my platform, but that's fine. Take it.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 7:33:12 PM
At 1/7/2015 7:31:28 PM, Wylted wrote:

I didn't even see your platform when I made mine. I'm not kidding.
Senpai has noticed you.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 7:34:10 PM
At 1/7/2015 7:33:12 PM, Beginner wrote:

You're getting a dim pic now for not stalking me enough. You're welcome.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 7:38:37 PM
At 1/7/2015 7:34:10 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/7/2015 7:33:12 PM, Beginner wrote:

You're getting a dim pic now for not stalking me enough. You're welcome.

There, I stalked one post. <3
Senpai has noticed you.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:08:07 AM
The presidency serves crucial functions for the site. Your arguments have routinely been debunked. Ore_Ele will, in all liklihood, be elected, and hopefully that will end all this absurdity.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:20:25 AM
At 1/8/2015 12:08:07 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
The presidency serves crucial functions for the site. Your arguments have routinely been debunked. Ore_Ele will, in all liklihood, be elected, and hopefully that will end all this absurdity.

It's highly obvious that Ryback will win, but I'm not sure if it will quite the abbies though.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:25:06 AM
At 1/8/2015 12:20:25 AM, lannan13 wrote:

It's highly obvious that Ryback will win, but I'm not sure if it will quite the abbies though.

... I have no idea why you used a mispelling of my last name rather than my user name.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:27:53 AM
At 1/8/2015 12:25:06 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

... I have no idea why you used a mispelling of my last name rather than my user name.

Whoops my bad. It's second nature for me to call people by their last name. The mispell was an accident.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:35:53 AM
At 1/8/2015 12:27:53 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 12:25:06 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Whoops my bad. It's second nature for me to call people by their last name. The mispell was an accident.

It's weird, because you also used Ryback in a WWE mafia game (that is the WWE guys name), but it is also really close to my last name. No worries though. I've already posted my full name when calling out those that said they would find people they don't like (it was some troll complaining about people hiding behind the anonymity of posting online, so I gave him my name and said, come and get me, he never did).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"