Jump to topic:

Why being an Abby ain't the way to go.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:03:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Many people have called to question the necessity of the Presidency after this past election and when Mikal caused massive scandels. However, there was no Revolution in the United States after Andrew Johnson, or even Nixon. Though there may have been some anarchists there was not an overthrow of the US Government. As for DDO we have just simply hit our Richard Nixon and must now move on. I urge with the up coming election that we do not select the Jimmy Carter in Beginner as it will only lead us down the path of devastation. The mod on DDO has the greatest amount of power on the site, but the mod is much like a King and after awhile the needs of the people do not get tended to as the need's of Airmax are different then the needs of the average user on DDO. The average user may face different problems then Airmax does and it's through these biannual elections that we as a mass voice our problems and ideas to Juggle through this election of the Presidentcy. If you truly want Abolition then you will popularly vote for no President than Beginner. Why's this you may ask? Beginner representation would mean that he would do nothing. There would be no connection with Juggle. It would indicate that this site has no ideas and no solutions. Juggle would continue to ignore us and we would be left in an epitome of failure as this site's complaints would rise and we would become more useless then Kristoph's Ice business during Elsa's snow storm. You can see that the erratication of the Presidency is something that shouldn't occur. Now as Reagan gave his Pathway Speech on the LBJ Goldwater election we shall see you having two key roads here. You may choose Abolition and this site will continue to spiral into chaos as we would practically be ruled by a king, the second pathway is that you maintain your right to a voice here on DDO and vote for either Ore_Ele or Lannan13. A vote for a real candidate that will actually do something for this site will better the site and we will prevail. We will Progress. We will Conquer. The drama is nearly over and he have hit this crossroad. Think and truly pounder what's best for the site when you make your vote this Friday.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:22:16 AM
At 1/8/2015 12:20:11 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Well said.

Thank you.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:42:28 AM
At 1/8/2015 12:03:01 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Many people have called to question the necessity of the Presidency after this past election and when Mikal caused massive scandels. However, there was no Revolution in the United States after Andrew Johnson, or even Nixon. Though there may have been some anarchists there was not an overthrow of the US Government. As for DDO we have just simply hit our Richard Nixon and must now move on. I urge with the up coming election that we do not select the Jimmy Carter in Beginner as it will only lead us down the path of devastation.
DDO is not the United States, and the role and ramifications of DDO president is not even comparable to those of the U.S. president. We are a website not a nation. We are not entrenched by economics, social politics, hunger, war, disease, etc. The DDO-U.S.A. analogy is not quite adequate.
The mod on DDO has the greatest amount of power on the site, but the mod is much like a King and after awhile the needs of the people do not get tended to as the need's of Airmax are different then the needs of the average user on DDO. The average user may face different problems then Airmax does and it's through these biannual elections that we as a mass voice our problems and ideas to Juggle through this election of the Presidentcy.
This is simply not true. As has been said many times before, communication with Juggle does not require the presidency.
If you truly want Abolition then you will popularly vote for no President than Beginner. Why's this you may ask? Beginner representation would mean that he would do nothing.
Precisely. I will do nothing with any imaginary 'presidential powers'. You speak as if I plan to leave the site for 6 months after election.
There would be no connection with Juggle. It would indicate that this site has no ideas and no solutions.
Not true. One of the ideas these elections seem to be trying to erroneously pound into our heads is that, without the presidency, DDO members lose it's connection to Juggle. DDO members begin to falsely believe that they alone have no power whatsoever other than voting in these biannual elections. There is no truth to these beliefs. Any DDO member can use just as many functional aspects of the site as the president.
Juggle would continue to ignore us and we would be left in an epitome of failure as this site's complaints would rise and we would become more useless then Kristoph's Ice business during Elsa's snow storm.
Hey. That's insulting. http://33.media.tumblr.com...
You can see that the erratication of the Presidency is something that shouldn't occur.
Just to clarify (again), I am not proposing to permanently erradicate the presidency. What I represent is DDO's slowly backing out of this pothole we've driven ourselves into.
Now as Reagan gave his Pathway Speech on the LBJ Goldwater election we shall see you having two key roads here. You may choose Abolition and this site will continue to spiral into chaos as we would practically be ruled by a king,
There's no evidence to suggest such would happen. In fact, our community has historically been able to quell chaotic elements with or without a presidency [http://www.debate.org...]. Now that the presidency has stumbled into the chaos of a structural elitism, it's only natural that we set sight wards to warn off unweary future presidents from the DDO hostile DDOians hiding in the bushes.
the second pathway is that you maintain your right to a voice here on DDO and vote for either Ore_Ele or Lannan13.
This is entirely misleading. In fact, the DDO presidency has actually been draining the community's voice by it them that they have no voice outside of the medium of the presidency
A vote for a real candidate that will actually do something for this site will better the site and we will prevail. We will Progress. We will Conquer. The drama is nearly over and he have hit this crossroad. Think and truly pounder what's best for the site when you make your vote this Friday.

Abolition addresses the systemic problems which presidency does not and cannot address. For the sake of DDO's future politics and political community, put that hat on my head.
Senpai has noticed you.
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:01:38 AM
In fact, the DDO presidency has actually been draining the community's voice by [consistently and repetitively telling DDO users] that they have no voice outside of the medium of the presidency.
Senpai has noticed you.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:42:03 AM
At 1/8/2015 12:42:28 AM, Beginner wrote:
Many people have called to question the necessity of the Presidency after this past election and when Mikal caused massive scandels. However, there was no Revolution in the United States after Andrew Johnson, or even Nixon. Though there may have been some anarchists there was not an overthrow of the US Government. As for DDO we have just simply hit our Richard Nixon and must now move on. I urge with the up coming election that we do not select the Jimmy Carter in Beginner as it will only lead us down the path of devastation.
DDO is not the United States, and the role and ramifications of DDO president is not even comparable to those of the U.S. president. We are a website not a nation. We are not entrenched by economics, social politics, hunger, war, disease, etc. The DDO-U.S.A. analogy is not quite adequate.

DDO may not be the US, but there are similiarities. Large population and size compared to others (Createdebate and Edeb8), Politics, Revolutions (Imarevs and the occasional troll banning), hell we even have our own economy (posts, debates, polls), and each user has a certain income (ELO). There are many similaries.

The mod on DDO has the greatest amount of power on the site, but the mod is much like a King and after awhile the needs of the people do not get tended to as the need's of Airmax are different then the needs of the average user on DDO. The average user may face different problems then Airmax does and it's through these biannual elections that we as a mass voice our problems and ideas to Juggle through this election of the Presidentcy.
This is simply not true. As has been said many times before, communication with Juggle does not require the presidency.

I know, The mod does that, but you ignore the fact that the mod doesn't always care what we want. So we have to elect a leader for them to do that for us.

If you truly want Abolition then you will popularly vote for no President than Beginner. Why's this you may ask? Beginner representation would mean that he would do nothing.
Precisely. I will do nothing with any imaginary 'presidential powers'. You speak as if I
plan to leave the site for 6 months after election.

Yeah, when my term is up. The next elections are in the first week of June and I don't leave until June 22nd, so my term would be completed before I left.

There would be no connection with Juggle. It would indicate that this site has no ideas and no solutions.
Not true. One of the ideas these elections seem to be trying to erroneously pound into our heads is that, without the presidency, DDO members lose it's connection to Juggle. DDO members begin to falsely believe that they alone have no power whatsoever other than voting in these biannual elections. There is no truth to these beliefs. Any DDO member can use just as many functional aspects of the site as the president.

The average user's voice will never be heard by Juggle. Beginner when's the last time that you've spoken with Juggle? Probably never right? You can see that you're not alone and that a majority of the site is like you. Yes, we still have Airmax, but as I say again he really doesn't represent our voice.

Juggle would continue to ignore us and we would be left in an epitome of failure as this site's complaints would rise and we would become more useless then Kristoph's Ice business during Elsa's snow storm.
You can see that the erratication of the Presidency is something that shouldn't occur.
Just to clarify (again), I am not proposing to permanently erradicate the presidency. What I represent is DDO's slowly backing out of this pothole we've driven ourselves into.

No, your purposing to be a lame duck and not do anything your entire presidency. You are nothing but a failed Presidentcy. Heck your basically the James Buchannon of this site if you win, but I don't see likely.

Now as Reagan gave his Pathway Speech on the LBJ Goldwater election we shall see you having two key roads here. You may choose Abolition and this site will continue to spiral into chaos as we would practically be ruled by a king,
There's no evidence to suggest such would happen. In fact, our community has historically been able to quell chaotic elements with or without a presidency [http://www.debate.org...]. Now that the presidency has stumbled into the chaos of a structural elitism, it's only natural that we set sight wards to warn off unweary future presidents from the DDO hostile DDOians hiding in the bushes.
the second pathway is that you maintain your right to a voice here on DDO and vote for either Ore_Ele or Lannan13.
This is entirely misleading. In fact, the DDO presidency has actually been
draining the community's voice by it them that they have no voice outside of the medium of the presidency

What's your proof of that? Site your sources. My statement is highly justified as the creators of the Presidency had my ideals and it's that innovation that spurred the ideals of the society to come forward and many new things happened to this site that normally wouldn't if we didn't.

A vote for a real candidate that will actually do something for this site will better the site and we will prevail. We will Progress. We will Conquer. The drama is nearly over and he have hit this crossroad. Think and truly pounder what's best for the site when you make your vote this Friday.

Abolition addresses the systemic problems which presidency does not and cannot address. For the sake of DDO's future politics and political community, put that hat on my head.

You are advocating Abolition and yet you're still running for office to do NOTHING. It's the lone fact that your not going to do anything and you're still PResident. The Abbies will still be disappointed, because you are still running and there is still a President. They are no closer to achieving their goal then they were under the Last Chain of Presidents.

DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 6:58:33 AM
At 1/8/2015 4:42:03 AM, lannan13 wrote:

DDO may not be the US, but there are similiarities. Large population and size compared to others (Createdebate and Edeb8), Politics, Revolutions (Imarevs and the occasional troll banning), hell we even have our own economy (posts, debates, polls), and each user has a certain income (ELO). There are many similaries.
You forgot to mention neither Createdebate nor Edeb8 have site presidents......

I know, The mod does that, but you ignore the fact that the mod doesn't always care what we want. So we have to elect a leader for them to do that for us.

Precisely. I will do nothing with any imaginary 'presidential powers'. You speak as if I

Yeah, when my term is up. The next elections are in the first week of June and I don't leave until June 22nd, so my term would be completed before I left.

The average user's voice will never be heard by Juggle. Beginner when's the last time that you've spoken with Juggle? Probably never right? You can see that you're not alone and that a majority of the site is like you. Yes, we still have Airmax, but as I say again he really doesn't represent our voice.

No, your purposing to be a lame duck and not do anything your entire presidency. You are nothing but a failed Presidentcy. Heck your basically the James Buchannon of this site if you win, but I don't see likely.

draining the community's voice by it them that they have no voice outside of the medium of the presidency

What's your proof of that? Site your sources. My statement is highly justified as the creators of the Presidency had my ideals and it's that innovation that spurred the ideals of the society to come forward and many new things happened to this site that normally wouldn't if we didn't.

You are advocating Abolition and yet you're still running for office to do NOTHING. It's the lone fact that your not going to do anything and you're still PResident. The Abbies will still be disappointed, because you are still running and there is still a President. They are no closer to achieving their goal then they were under the Last Chain of Presidents.

Apparently you are applying what you are learning in our current debate, interesting.....
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:08:02 AM
We will Progress. We will Conquer.

Whoa there, Hitler. Don't get ahead of yourself.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 11:24:46 AM
At 1/8/2015 6:58:33 AM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 1/8/2015 4:42:03 AM, lannan13 wrote:

You forgot to mention neither Createdebate nor Edeb8 have site presidents......

Apparently you are applying what you are learning in our current debate, interesting.....

No, I'm just a big history nut that enjoys using historical allusions.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 11:25:41 AM
At 1/8/2015 7:10:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

DOWN WITH THE PRESIDENCY!

Were's your evidence? Site your sources.

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:12:59 PM
At 1/8/2015 11:25:41 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 1/8/2015 7:10:51 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

DOWN WITH THE PRESIDENCY!

Were's your evidence? Site your sources.

Danielle made a pretty convincing case on the matter. Though I'm not going to dig through the forums to find it.

Furthermore, didn't you get called out for playing both sides last election? I remember Mikal or bench called you an ego maniac. Seeing how you're running again, I can't say I'm surprised.
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:25:05 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:01:38 AM, Beginner wrote:
In fact, the DDO presidency has actually been draining the community's voice by [consistently and repetitively telling DDO users] that they have no voice outside of the medium of the presidency.

^ This and if you are not in the "in" crowd and don't stroke the egos of those who are - you become fair game for vote bombings and the like. It's about time (for me) to just deactivate and move on.
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:18:04 PM
From my understanding we have plenty of connections with Juggle outside of the presidency.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:53:26 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:18:04 PM, Clovis wrote:
From my understanding we have plenty of connections with Juggle outside of the presidency.

Such as?
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:55:32 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:53:26 PM, SebUK wrote:

Such as?

Via the mods.
Or their Contact Us page...
Or by messaging one of the official Juggle accounts that are floating around.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 3:19:29 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:55:32 PM, Clovis wrote:

Such as?

Via the mods.

No individual member has the legitimacy the president does. I've said this over and over. Everyone cannot contact Juggle and expect success. Only the president has that opportunity.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 3:27:10 PM
At 1/8/2015 3:19:29 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Such as?

Via the mods.

No individual member has the legitimacy the president does. I've said this over and over. Everyone cannot contact Juggle and expect success. Only the president has that opportunity.

I think the very opposite is the case. If we all contact juggle with the same request they're more likely to act.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 3:28:35 PM
At 1/8/2015 3:27:10 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Such as?

Via the mods.

I think the very opposite is the case. If we all contact juggle with the same request they're more likely to act.

Not at all. They're more likely to mark it as spam and delete it.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:33:09 PM
At 1/8/2015 3:28:35 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/8/2015 3:27:10 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Such as?

Via the mods.

Not at all. They're more likely to mark it as spam and delete it.

How can it qualify as spam if it's from diff users? Besides, it's much easier to ignore one person than to ignore many.
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:36:47 PM

Such as?

Via the mods.

I think you vastly overestimate the influence of the president and greatly underestimate your own. Which is sad.
Words are wind.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:37:44 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:36:47 PM, Clovis wrote:

Such as?

Via the mods.

I think you vastly overestimate the influence of the president and greatly underestimate your own. Which is sad.

You're greatly mistaken. That may be because of your newness.
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:39:35 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:37:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Such as?

Via the mods.

I think not but you can believe what you wish.
You are clearly enamoured of the presidency for reasons I cannot fathom but those reasons are clearly your own.
Words are wind.

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:45:52 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:39:35 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 9:37:44 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Such as?

Via the mods.

I think not but you can believe what you wish.
You are clearly enamoured of the presidency for reasons I cannot fathom but those reasons are clearly your own.

I've laid out case after case. There are 0 benefits and numerous disadvantages to abolishing the presidency. People who think that's a good idea are kidding themselves.