Jump to topic:

vote NOTHING

Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:07:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There won't be a referendum on abolishing the presidency, but we can effectively remove it for a term by voting in NOTHING as president.

Let's try life without a president and see if it makes a difference.

http://www.debate.org...
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:14:33 PM
At 1/8/2015 2:07:57 PM, Garbanza wrote:
There won't be a referendum on abolishing the presidency, but we can effectively remove it for a term by voting in NOTHING as president.

As stupid as this sounds, this is a user whose login may be known to an individual who lurks on this site and he/she may suddenly retake control after the election and wreak havoc worse than Mikal. they have neither closed their account nor rendered it inactive.
Just before you die will you remember a life of your smile changing the world or of the world changing your smile?
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:21:22 PM
At 1/8/2015 2:14:33 PM, LayersofLols wrote:
As stupid as this sounds, this is a user whose login may be known to an individual who lurks on this site and he/she may suddenly retake control after the election and wreak havoc worse than Mikal. they have neither closed their account nor re.ndered it inactive.

It's a remote risk, and the president has no powers anyway.
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:22:23 PM
At 1/8/2015 2:21:22 PM, Garbanza wrote:
As stupid as this sounds, this is a user whose login may be known to an individual who lurks on this site and he/she may suddenly retake control after the election and wreak havoc worse than Mikal. they have neither closed their account nor re.ndered it inactive.

Then why abolish it?
Just before you die will you remember a life of your smile changing the world or of the world changing your smile?
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:27:05 PM
At 1/8/2015 2:22:23 PM, LayersofLols wrote:

Then why abolish it?

So that we stop wasting time with it. Bladerunner was a constructive and interesting user before he was president and Mikal was a troll before and during his presidency. We didn't actually need all the drama and it's also enormously cheesy to elect a president. Not that I don't enjoy the whole thing a bit, but I am a shameless.nerd. We don't need a president. It's oppressive, and it's better for individuals to be empoweted to do stuff without it.
LayersofLols
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:28:11 PM
At 1/8/2015 2:27:05 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 1/8/2015 2:22:23 PM, LayersofLols wrote:

Then why abolish it?

So that we stop wasting time with it. Bladerunner was a constructive and interesting user before he was president and Mikal was a troll before and during his presidency. We didn't actually need all the drama and it's also enormously cheesy to elect a president. Not that I don't enjoy the whole thing a bit, but I am a shameless.nerd. We don't need a president. It's oppressive, and it's better for individuals to be empoweted to do stuff without it.

I actually agree to the bladerunner comment very much.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:29:20 PM

How about people stop making threads on the presidency...
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:36:34 PM
At 1/8/2015 2:29:20 PM, SebUK wrote:

Because abstaining from the election won't make a difference. A president will be elected. This is the only way of having no president without forcing a referendum, which I'm pretty sure Airmax won't allow.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 3:46:03 PM
At 1/8/2015 2:36:34 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 1/8/2015 2:29:20 PM, SebUK wrote:

Because abstaining from the election won't make a difference. A president will be elected. This is the only way of having no president without forcing a referendum, which I'm pretty sure Airmax won't allow.

And rightly so he would not allow it, this is not a democracy.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:02:58 PM
YOU HEARD EM FOLKS! VOTE: http://www.debate.org...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.