Jump to topic:

I am not running for president.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 7:57:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am not running for president of DDO in these special elections coming up very shortly. In that I am not running, I have no goals that relate to the presidency. But if I had goals, they would be these:

1) Degrade the value of the presidency.

I fully understand that there is no inherent value, lots of special privileges, and a sh!t load of cool perks like being able to order pizza on the company credit card that make the office special in itself. The value of the office does not depend on what members think, after all, because fvck democracy. You are all horrible people anyway.

2) Running off new members.

Continuing to run off new members to purge them from this site is essential to presidential leadership. Guiding them away and convincing them that what they're looking for is somewhere else is very important, after all.

3) Deter and degrade the opinions and the polls section.

There is a strong divide in some members in the value of the opinions vs the forums or debates, and that divide is there for a reason. It's fine to have opinions about one side being better, or of a higher quality, because that is a matter of objective fact. When those positions turn to negative opinions about one side being composed of second class members who need to be purged from this site, it is necessary to take action in pursuit of that end.

Anyway, I will not be having a massive ten point platform or spend 8,000 characters in a long post. Just a simple, these are a few things I would work towards if I was running for president will do.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:00:19 PM
*Claps*
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:00:37 PM
Who all is seriously running? I stopped keeping track after OreEle announced he was running since he's gonna win
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:01:02 PM
At 1/8/2015 7:57:00 PM, YYW wrote:
I am not running for president of DDO in these special elections coming up very shortly. In that I am not running, I have no goals that relate to the presidency. But if I had goals, they would be these:

I fully understand that there is no inherent value, lots of special privileges, and a sh!t load of cool perks like being able to order pizza on the company credit card that make the office special in itself. The value of the office does not depend on what members think, after all, because fvck democracy. You are all horrible people anyway.

Continuing to run off new members to purge them from this site is essential to presidential leadership. Guiding them away and convincing them that what they're looking for is somewhere else is very important, after all.

There is a strong divide in some members in the value of the opinions vs the forums or debates, and that divide is there for a reason. It's fine to have opinions about one side being better, or of a higher quality, because that is a matter of objective fact. When those positions turn to negative opinions about one side being composed of second class members who need to be purged from this site, it is necessary to take action in pursuit of that end.

Anyway, I will not be having a massive ten point platform or spend 8,000 characters in a long post. Just a simple, these are a few things I would work towards if I was running for president will do.

I'm guessing this is a parody of Ore_Ele's platform.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:01:59 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:00:37 PM, imabench wrote:
Who all is seriously running? I stopped keeping track after OreEle announced he was running since he's gonna win

I think Wylted might be running, but I'm not sure.

The DDO Blog:

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:02:07 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:01:02 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I am actually not running for president.
Tsar of DDO
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:04:03 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:02:07 PM, YYW wrote:

Face it: you're one of those mature, serious members of the Old Guard who are very skilled debaters but awful trolls.

The DDO Blog:

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:06:03 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:04:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Face it: you're one of those mature, serious members of the Old Guard who are very skilled debaters but awful trolls.

I can haz satire.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:08:29 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:06:03 PM, YYW wrote:

I can haz satire.

lawl <3
http://4.bp.blogspot.com...+(2).jpg
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:08:32 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:06:03 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/8/2015 8:04:03 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I can haz satire.

Guys it is PROOVIN FACT that the best Prezidents are the ones who abdikate for Legendaree statis so lets all be Prezident and than quit its so awsum to quit

The DDO Blog:

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:20:05 PM

+1
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Daltonian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:20:31 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:20:05 PM, TUF wrote:

+1
F _ C K
All I need is "u", baby
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:21:50 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:14:32 PM, Cermank wrote:
lol i was wondering why the standard yyw i'm not running announcement didn't come this election

Every election cycle people ask me to run, they talk about how I should run, and stuff. I respect and appreciate that, and I am honored that some people think I would be a good president. I'm confident I could do the job, but I'm just as confident that there are lots of other people who can too and I would prefer to leave that responsibility with them.... and I thought I might to that in a creative way this election cycle. Perhaps not everyone shared my sense of humor, though.
Tsar of DDO
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:21:55 PM

Senpai has noticed you.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:27:43 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:21:55 PM, Beginner wrote:

Soon Yama will be able to pass judgement upon you. Despite all your titles and fame, everyone stands before us eventually.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:29:46 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:27:43 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I am going to drop out of the race. Now that YYW is running, and with this platform I don't stand a chance.

I concur.

I will vote for YYW as well.
Tsar of DDO
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:30:43 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:29:46 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/8/2015 8:27:43 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
I am going to drop out of the race. Now that YYW is running, and with this platform I don't stand a chance.

I concur.

I will vote for YYW as well.

*continues playing flute*
Soon...
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 1:43:16 AM
I see we have entered that faze where everyone says their running but when the real time comes they aren't.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...