Jump to topic:

The First Post In A New Era: Zaradi's 12k

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:04:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's kind of funny to me. Looking back at some of the posts I made when I was a little newbie member of the site, I can't help but think about not only how silly I must've seemed to the more experienced people on the site, but also how much I've changed as a person. I've talked, debated, played more than a few games of mafia (which was a COMPLETE waste of my time ;), and connected with so many people over the site. I've made so many friends on this site who've given me so much, both emotionally and mentally, even financially (yes, TUF, I'm looking at you). I can only hope that one day I can give back to the site even a percentage of what it's given to me.

Recently a lot of the older members have been talking about how far this site's core has fallen in quality: how debates have become low quality cesspools and votes are worse, and how they've been considering leaving the site because of it and moving on with their lives. A lot of the criticisms are correct: debates now are at a much lower quality than they were before. Voters are hard to find and those who are willing to vote very rarely know how to properly evaluate a debate. When voters try to defend that a rebuttal isn't an argument, things have fallen really, really far.

I won't lie, I've considered leaving too. It's hard to say that the site today is the same site it was two, three years ago when I first joined. But part of me rejects that logic. Debate.org is my home. I love it here, flawed as it is. The people here are my friends, my family even. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I know I can come on here and forget about my problems, and that there are people on here who I can go to for help when I need it.

That was my crappy attempt to segway into shoutouts, by the way.

Mikal - Before I talk about anyone, I have to talk about Mikal. Mikal's one of my closest friends on this site. Yes, he's rash, impulsive, insensitive, offensive, lacks a filter and common sense on a lot of occasions, and makes a lot of choices I don't agree with on a lot of occasions. He's no saint. But what he IS, though, is caring, compassionate, intelligent, funny, and a loyal friend. No matter what I'm doing or what's going on, I know the second he and I start playing League together that nothing else really matters, that I can relax and let my guard down and no matter what happens or what either of us say, that we're still close and I'm eternally grateful to him for being a person that I can relax and be myself around. It's sad how much flak he's received lately (regardless of whether it was deserved or not), and I hope that no matter what people may say, there's at least one person who still appreciates you for the person you are, and wishes that you would come back.

GodChoosesLife/ElCorazonAma - Marie. You always undervalue yourself for no legitimate reason. Given I do that to myself also, so I understand your thought process behind doing it, but just look around you. You've helped so many people on this site. You're, easily, one of the most beloved people on this site, and there's a lot of lovable people here. No matter the struggles you're going through, know that you're loved and appreciated on here. And if you still insist on staying off the site (even though I know you still lurk around), you know where to find me.

Lucky_Luciano/Mestari - First off, f*ck you. You're too good at everything and it's aggravating. Second off, thank you. Not only have you been a big help in my journey to become a better League player, but you're easily one of my closest friends on this site. Our normal games that we play for funzies and our (rare) one v. ones are some of my fondest memories (Urgot mid. The SOTO staxx are real). I know you've been really busy with work and school lately, but it's my biggest desire for you to not look back at your life when your older and regret not doing something you could've. If you're happy with what you're doing right now and where your life is headed, then I'm behind you 100%.

Bsh1 - I mean come on, what would a nthk post milestone shoutout section be without talking about you?

But to be honest, you're one of the maybe two debaters on this site that I'll just blatantly admit are better than me in almost every way. I'm confident in my abilities as a debater to match up with some of the more well-known debaters on the site, even if I'm not as known for my ability to debate, but you just have me beat. So props.

But you're more than just a talented debater. You're absolutely adorable (in a completely platonic, non-homosexual way) and an absolute joy to talk to. Thank you for being someone I can talk to about personal issues and willing to listen to me and help me when I need it. Someday, I'll return the favor, however and whenever you need it.

YYW - Brutal honesty time. When you first came on the site, I thought you were absolutely annoying. You were arrogant, annoying, and acted like you were knowledgeable about everything and it aggravated me. When you and bsh1 became a public thing, I wondered what he saw in you that I was missing.

After finally getting to know you a little better and talking to you more, I can see now. You're intelligent, caring, and supportive. You're knowledgable about how other people feel in certain situations, and you offer some of the best advice around. I'm glad that I can trust you and can rely on you to be there for me if I need it.

Airmax1227 - You nazi mod you. Who actually knew that underneath the nazi shell you sport when modding that you're a talkative, lovable person who fills a room up so fast (No seriously, you guys should listen to this kid talk on a G+ hangout, he literally just goes on forever if you let him). You're a fun person to talk to and you've taught me a lot about the site and I'm one of the few people left on the site who can say "HEY I KNEW THAT KID BEFORE HE BECAME FAMOUS".

Other people who deserve shoutouts but I haven't talked to as much:

EndarkenedRationalist - Keep writing. Thanks for being a great mentor to my writing.
bluesteel - One day I'm going to beat you in a debate. Thanks for giving me someone I can look up to and aspire to be like one day.
Rev - Rev8 pls stahp
Annie - Yo you cool gurlll
Thett3 - You're a lot better of a person than you think you are. Give yourself a little credit.

And for the rest of the site? F*CK YOU!!!

jk.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:12:41 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:04:53 PM, Zaradi wrote:
It's kind of funny to me. Looking back at some of the posts I made when I was a little newbie member of the site, I can't help but think about not only how silly I must've seemed to the more experienced people on the site, but also how much I've changed as a person. I've talked, debated, played more than a few games of mafia (which was a COMPLETE waste of my time ;), and connected with so many people over the site. I've made so many friends on this site who've given me so much, both emotionally and mentally, even financially (yes, TUF, I'm looking at you). I can only hope that one day I can give back to the site even a percentage of what it's given to me.

CONGRATS

Recently a lot of the older members have been talking about how far this site's core has fallen in quality: how debates have become low quality cesspools and votes are worse, and how they've been considering leaving the site because of it and moving on with their lives. A lot of the criticisms are correct: debates now are at a much lower quality than they were before. Voters are hard to find and those who are willing to vote very rarely know how to properly evaluate a debate. When voters try to defend that a rebuttal isn't an argument, things have fallen really, really far.

I won't lie, I've considered leaving too. It's hard to say that the site today is the same site it was two, three years ago when I first joined. But part of me rejects that logic. Debate.org is my home. I love it here, flawed as it is. The people here are my friends, my family even. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I know I can come on here and forget about my problems, and that there are people on here who I can go to for help when I need it.

That was my crappy attempt to segway into shoutouts, by the way.

Mikal -
BROMANCE IN THE MAKING
#KNEWIT
#DOWNWITHENDARI&UPWITHMIKARI

GodChoosesLife/ElCorazonAma - Marie. You always undervalue yourself for no legitimate reason. Given I do that to myself also, so I understand your thought process behind doing it, but just look around you. You've helped so many people on this site. You're, easily, one of the most beloved people on this site, and there's a lot of lovable people here. No matter the struggles you're going through, know that you're loved and appreciated on here. And if you still insist on staying off the site (even though I know you still lurk around), you know where to find me.
^this^

Lucky_Luciano/Mestari - First off, f*ck you. You're too good at everything and it's aggravating...
^that^
... but it's my biggest desire for you to not look back at your life when your older and regret not doing something you could've. If you're happy with what you're doing right now and where your life is headed, then I'm behind you 100%.
Aww <3

Bsh1 - I mean come on, what would a nthk post milestone shoutout section be without talking about you?
^

But to be honest, you're one of the maybe two debaters on this site that I'll just blatantly admit are better than me in almost every way. I'm confident in my abilities as a debater to match up with some of the more well-known debaters on the site, even if I'm not as known for my ability to debate, but you just have me beat. So props.

I remember about a year ago when bsh thought he wasn't a good debater...

But you're more than just a talented debater. You're absolutely adorable (in a completely platonic, non-homosexual way) and an absolute joy to talk to.
AWW^^^

YYW -
After finally getting to know you a little better and talking to you more, I can see now. You're intelligent, caring, and supportive. You're knowledgable about how other people feel in certain situations, and you offer some of the best advice around. I'm glad that I can trust you and can rely on you to be there for me if I need it.

Airmax1227 - You nazi mod you. Who actually knew that underneath the nazi shell you sport when modding that you're a talkative, lovable person who fills a room up so fast (No seriously, you guys should listen to this kid talk on a G+ hangout, he literally just goes on forever if you let him). You're a fun person to talk to and you've taught me a lot about the site and I'm one of the few people left on the site who can say "HEY I KNEW THAT KID BEFORE HE BECAME FAMOUS".
^ Lol. So true. ^

Other people who deserve shoutouts but I haven't talked to as much:

EndarkenedRationalist - Keep writing. Thanks for being a great mentor to my writing.
bluesteel - One day I'm going to beat you in a debate.
Good luck :P You can do it
Thanks for giving me someone I can look up to and aspire to be like one day.
Rev - Rev8 pls stahp
rofl
Annie - Yo you cool gurlll
Awww. <3
Thett3 - You're a lot better of a person than you think you are. Give yourself a little credit.
^^ this ^^:
And for the rest of the site? F*CK YOU!!!
You're gonna need a lot of condoms for that..

jk.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:14:45 PM
"Lucky_Luciano/Mestari - First off, f*ck you. You're too good at everything and it's aggravating."

That's pretty accurate, actually.

Congrats on 12k, noob.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:16:06 PM
This was your 12,001st post.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:19:15 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:13:40 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Such positivity from my lovely other half. May Endari rise above.

*awaits disapproval from Annie*
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:21:57 PM

Beautiful, Zaradi.

Wait... Zaradi is gay? Why won't he change his hair like Luke Hemmings then? lol
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:22:17 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:19:15 PM, RevNge wrote:

Her fling with Kitty is out of hand. She has no right to complain now.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:22:48 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:21:57 PM, YYW wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

Wait... Zaradi is gay? Why won't he change his hair like Luke Hemmings then? lol

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

Help me convince him.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:23:25 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:22:48 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

Help me convince him.

lol

You two should post a make-out video...
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:25:29 PM

As Endark said, he should be allowed to have his fun with his guys- so I can have *my* fun with Kitty.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:26:37 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:23:25 PM, YYW wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

Help me convince him.

lol

Can you offer us sanctuary from Airmax's big, long, thick, dripping banhammer?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:27:17 PM

Beautiful, Zaradi.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

You like Luke Hemmings?

Help me convince him.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:29:15 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:27:17 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

You like Luke Hemmings?

In certain lighting conditions.

Help me convince him.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:29:59 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:29:15 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

You like Luke Hemmings?

Interesting...

Help me convince him.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:30:50 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:29:59 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

You like Luke Hemmings?

Like when it's dark, for instance.

Interesting...

Help me convince him.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:39:33 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:26:37 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/8/2015 9:23:25 PM, YYW wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

Help me convince him.

lol

Can you offer us sanctuary from Airmax's big, long, thick, dripping banhammer?

I can look into it.
Tsar of DDO
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:49:59 PM

Beautiful, Zaradi.

Wait... Zaradi is gay?

No?

Why won't he change his hair like Luke Hemmings then? lol
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:52:25 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:49:59 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

Wait... Zaradi is gay?

No?

Such disappoint.

Tsar of DDO
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:55:42 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:52:25 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/8/2015 9:49:59 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

Wait... Zaradi is gay?

No?

Such disappoint.

I'm sure you'll find a way to move on.

AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:56:40 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:22:17 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Excuse me? I'm no "fling" sweetie, i'm what they refer to as, her true love <3
I may or may not be a cat
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:58:05 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:56:40 PM, AngelofDeath wrote:

Something nonexistent then?
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:00:39 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:58:05 PM, RevNge wrote:

Rev, I'm proud of you. That was a true #rekt moment right there.
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:00:45 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:58:05 PM, RevNge wrote:

You live in a sad, sad world, if you think love does not exist.... it exists right before your eyes, and you dont even see it? you disappoint me *smh*
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:01:39 PM
*doesnt see name on the list*
*goes off to sulk in corner of the room*
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:01:56 PM
At 1/8/2015 10:00:39 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Btw CONGRATS!

...though i would prefer if you kept your penis away from me. tyvm XD
AngelofDeath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:04:41 PM
At 1/8/2015 10:01:39 PM, imabench wrote:
*doesnt see name on the list*
*goes off to sulk in corner of the room*
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:05:14 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:30:50 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 1/8/2015 9:29:59 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Beautiful, Zaradi.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!?!

You like Luke Hemmings?

Like when it's dark, for instance.

I like your hair better

Interesting...

Help me convince him.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY