Jump to topic:

I am Running for DDO President

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 2:49:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
With the recent administration dissolved, I am here to announce, after much thought, that I am running for president of DDO. I feel that I will bring what is needed to secure popularity, integrity, and respect into a DDO presidency. I will now give the reasons why fellow DDO members should vote for me.

Most of You Know Me

I have been a DDO member for three years and there is no doubt that many members who have been active on DDO have encountered me before. I may not have a huge number of debates under my belt, but I have been on this site long enough to know the kind of people who are here, to know what is expected, and I believe I know what is right for DDO at this moment. The main reason I came to Debate.org was because I felt a sense of hope away from ignorant arguments and statements with others publicly where no formal exchange of ideas could possibly occur. I had truly never seen a website like this and I had high hopes. These hopes have lasted. I have been able to enjoy many debates with members that have been here for a while or have only been here for a short time, but it is always an experience no matter who I debate, no matter if I win or lose.

Debate.org is obviously not just about debates and I have enjoyed making my own opinions and polls as well as contributing to others. I have also been on the forums whenever I feel I want to give my opinion on certain subjects that I am interested in. I have been involved in all four major sectors of DDO and I understand the differences and similarities between them as well as the members who are active in the different sectors. I have a great respect for whatever DDO members like to do on this site if it is debating, or in the polls section, or in the opinions section, or on the forums. I hope all of you who intend to vote in this special election can trust me to be president.

Normalcy, Order, and Stability

Normalcy is the key to what we need. The centerpiece of my platform is that I have no intention to rush into situations or take any major actions during my presidency, unless needed. I want my presidency to be a time of breathing and relaxation for DDO in which times are quiet and we are able to go on and interact on this site peacefully and generously. Things during my presidency will be quite normal.

Order is an important component in DDO. By order I mean the ability DDO has to not break apart into any all out flame wars between users. In order to continue to work to prevent this I will hire someone as Secretary of Security during my tenure who I feel deserves the job. The user who is given the position will have to show how he or she can be trusted and respect to help prevent users from tearing each other apart in bitter and unnecessary arguments that are hurtful and insulting. This secretary will hire a staff of police under himself or herself to assist in carrying out duties.

With no dramatic changes in DDO, I will usher in an age of stability. Needed reforms will be gradual in order for the right steps to be taken and carefully implemented. I fully intend to listen to all members of DDO who would like to PM me and give their thoughts on what needs to be done to make this site one that is kept for the people.

As of now I am seeking a vice president, someone who can provide great advice and counsel as well as remain loyal to my administration.

Thank you all and I hope I can guarantee on your vote.

Sincerely,
1Historygenius
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 10:35:12 AM
Hate to break it to you, but the election basically ended when Ore Ele announced he was going to run since everyone is going to vote for him
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 10:38:10 AM
At 1/9/2015 10:35:12 AM, imabench wrote:
Hate to break it to you, but the election basically ended when Ore Ele announced he was going to run since everyone is going to vote for him

Bench is back! :)
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 10:57:16 AM

This is, as of now, likely to be the actual result, but it still doesn't mean I don't want to run.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:16:34 AM

Sadly true. I'm pretty sure the majority of the voting populace won't even bother reading the campaign text of other candidates.
Ore_Ele builds on a solid past reputation.
Senpai has noticed you.
PapaNolan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:43:31 PM

Welcome back