Jump to topic:

Call Out Thread 3.0

Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:00:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Since my call out post broke some of the rules of the preceding one made by Annie, I"ve made my own. :)

Rules: Call out to people who have been of influence to your life on DDO. Otherwise, you have no standing obligations to follow anything but the ToS (and only loosely at that :D)

I really have a policy of not establishing any connections of intimacy with the members on this site, but there are some members I feel have been of influence to me. Not all of this is positive. :)
So, in no particular order of significance:

FourTrouble
I really looked up to FT. His debate with Stephen_Hawkins on utilitarianism was my very first exposure to metaphysics. Their debate was also the first real challenging debate on this site that I tried my hands on reading and voting, and was probably what set the standard for me as a DDO user in terms of debate. So I guess to be fair, I should also credit Stephen_Hawkins too. :)
FT's dedication to mafia was also an enormous factor in my holing up in the DDO games section for as long as I did. The guy represented DDO to me. <3

imabench
I first found out about this guy when I mindlessly stumbled across a link to the debate: Poop has DNA between bench and Tuttutturtle (http://www.debate.org...).
As lead troll to DDO's mindless trollfest, imabench was the first member to produce content to which I burst out laughing as I read them, and I almost never laugh.
I looked up to bench both as a debater and as my favorite comedian on DDO for quite a while. He was original. He was entertaining.

RationalMadman
RM felt like the first opponent I ever faced in debate (he is in reality the 3rd). I did not know dedication until after we had done our debate on 'A radical new Justice System" in which we debated the legitimacy of the 'eye for an eye' ideology. I was, at the time, an upstanding human being and felt an odd moral obligation to show RM that his way of thought was wrong. I'm now mostly ideologically apathetic. How DDO has changed me. T^T
I was never around for RM's fall from grace with the DDO community, and was shocked to learn that one of the debaters who I personally respected was shunned.

Danielle
I was exposed to Danielle via imabench when they did their prostitution debate. At this time, imabench was second on the ELO rankings, and the debate between two users who I considered DDO's debating titans can only be described as incredibly epic to the aspiring debater I was.
Danielle is also the one DDO user who I was slightly attracted to. I held a creepy but distant admiration until I found out that she was gay (bummer T^T).

TUF
TUF is generally friendly and likable.
I looked up to him as a mafia player, and respected him immensely (just as I respected FT, bench, Danielle, and Stephen_hawks).
TUF is my only Facebook friend from DDO.

Khaos_Mage
The no-nonsense out-of-the-box thinker in our mafia games. Khaos received a lot of flack, but was also extremely influential to my mafia game play. I will be honest, he did make me a little.. fired up, shall we say, over some of his antics, but who wants to admit getting mad over a game on the internet? I certainly don't.
I had the same respect for him as I did for FT and TUF.
I apparently had a thing for mafia players..

The_Fool_On_The_Hill
He's DDO's milder but equally funny version of imabench. The_Fool(TM) is an incredibly vocal, emoji making <(89), self referencing (The Fool: [blahblahblah]) anti-feminist. If not for him, I never would have heard of Karen Straughan. I love Karen Straughan.
I even stole The_Fool(TM)'s Hat(TM):
<(8D)

RevNge
I seriously dislike this guy for making me feel like a dunce (I probably am), but his claims: 13 yr old pianist who can play pieces that I literally thought impossible at that age, had me taking up trying to become a better pianist again. Thanks. :)
I still think his age is a complete lie. D:< If not. he's the only 13 year old I've seen with such a diction and variety of skills. They must be very few and far in between.
When are we doing that piano battle: http://www.debate.org...? :)

Other people who I found generally nice and/or helpful: heyfur, wrichrw, mishapqueen, and bsh1, in addition to every person I've ever done a serious debate

I did not miss anyone. Rest assured.

I blame all of you.
Senpai has noticed you.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:28:53 AM
At 1/9/2015 11:00:33 AM, Beginner wrote:
RationalMadman
I was never around for RM's fall from grace with the DDO community, and was shocked to learn that one of the debaters who I personally respected was shunned.
I think he's cool. :<

Danielle
Danielle is also the one DDO user who I was slightly attracted to. I held a creepy but distant admiration until I found out that she was gay (bummer T^T).
ROFL

TUF
Fine then. Don't accept my friend request bish. :P

Khaos_Mage
Kinky.

The_Fool_On_The_Hill
He's DDO's milder but equally funny version of imabench. The_Fool(TM) is an incredibly vocal, emoji making <(89), self referencing (The Fool: [blahblahblah]) anti-feminist. If not for him, I never would have heard of Karen Straughan. I love Karen Straughan.
<(8D)
He's punny.

RevNge
I still think his age is a complete lie. D:< If not. he's the only 13 year old I've seen with such a diction and variety of skills.
I agree actually. Very much. He seems almost... Indian in a way ;)

When are we doing that piano battle: http://www.debate.org... ? :)
DO EET

Other people who I found generally nice and/or helpful: heyfur, wrichrw, mishapqueen, and bsh1, in addition to every person I've ever done a serious debate

I blame all of you.
Rofl
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
mishapqueen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:27:13 PM
Since my call out post broke some of the rules of the preceding one made by Annie, I"ve made my own. :)

Rules: Call out to people who have been of influence to your life on DDO. Otherwise, you have no standing obligations to follow anything but the ToS (and only loosely at that :D)

I really have a policy of not establishing any connections of intimacy with the members on this site, but there are some members I feel have been of influence to me. Not all of this is positive. :)
So, in no particular order of significance:

FourTrouble
I really looked up to FT. His debate with Stephen_Hawkins on utilitarianism was my very first exposure to metaphysics. Their debate was also the first real challenging debate on this site that I tried my hands on reading and voting, and was probably what set the standard for me as a DDO user in terms of debate. So I guess to be fair, I should also credit Stephen_Hawkins too. :)
FT's dedication to mafia was also an enormous factor in my holing up in the DDO games section for as long as I did. The guy represented DDO to me. <3

imabench
I first found out about this guy when I mindlessly stumbled across a link to the debate: Poop has DNA between bench and Tuttutturtle (http://www.debate.org...).
As lead troll to DDO's mindless trollfest, imabench was the first member to produce content to which I burst out laughing as I read them, and I almost never laugh.
I looked up to bench both as a debater and as my favorite comedian on DDO for quite a while. He was original. He was entertaining.

RationalMadman
RM felt like the first opponent I ever faced in debate (he is in reality the 3rd). I did not know dedication until after we had done our debate on 'A radical new Justice System" in which we debated the legitimacy of the 'eye for an eye' ideology. I was, at the time, an upstanding human being and felt an odd moral obligation to show RM that his way of thought was wrong. I'm now mostly ideologically apathetic. How DDO has changed me. T^T

Danielle
I was exposed to Danielle via imabench when they did their prostitution debate. At this time, imabench was second on the ELO rankings, and the debate between two users who I considered DDO's debating titans can only be described as incredibly epic to the aspiring debater I was.

TUF
TUF is generally friendly and likable.
I looked up to him as a mafia player, and respected him immensely (just as I respected FT, bench, Danielle, and Stephen_hawks).

Khaos_Mage
The no-nonsense out-of-the-box thinker in our mafia games. Khaos received a lot of flack, but was also extremely influential to my mafia game play. I will be honest, he did make me a little.. fired up, shall we say, over some of his antics, but who wants to admit getting mad over a game on the internet? I certainly don't.
I had the same respect for him as I did for FT and TUF.

The_Fool_On_The_Hill
<(8D)

RevNge
I seriously dislike this guy for making me feel like a dunce (I probably am), but his claims: 13 yr old pianist who can play pieces that I literally thought impossible at that age, had me taking up trying to become a better pianist again. Thanks. :)
I still think his age is a complete lie. D:< If not. he's the only 13 year old I've seen with such a diction and variety of skills. They must be very few and far in between.

Thank you! You seem very nice too. :)

I blame all of you.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:42:42 PM
RevNge

Fvcking Asians, man.

Or a half-Asian in this case. :3

Crap, busted...

I seriously need to post my recording...

Way to leave people out, bruh.
I blame all of you.

LOL