Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

Suggestions for DDO

dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.
2. DDO doesn't recognize certain symbols (like the dash), which makes copying and pasting articles or passages very annoying, as you have to manually correct it. Please fix this.
3. When someone logs off of DDO, it takes four hours to update. It would be nice to know right away.
4. Fix the crappy search function.
5. Give us more space for our RFDs. There's no reason why the majority of people should be posting their RFDs in the comments section. Instead of showing the entire RFD, only show a certain portion, and have a "click here to expand" option.
6. Make the spelling correcter work in the rich text format as well.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:42:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.
But then people can just remove what they said, instead of being responsible for it.
2. DDO doesn't recognize certain symbols (like the dash), which makes copying and pasting articles or passages very annoying, as you have to manually correct it. Please fix this.
^this^
3. When someone logs off of DDO, it takes four hours to update. It would be nice to know right away.
Meh. STALKER :p
4. Fix the crappy search function.
^this^
5. Give us more space for our RFDs. There's no reason why the majority of people should be posting their RFDs in the comments section. Instead of showing the entire RFD, only show a certain portion, and have a "click here to expand" option.
Mmhmm
6. Make the spelling correcter work in the rich text format as well.
It doesn't... I never tried... 0.o
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:48:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:42:42 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.
But then people can just remove what they said, instead of being responsible for it.

Sometimes offensive material is best removed, even if it allows the person to avoid responsibility. Anyway, I think the ability to fix typos and update your posts outweighs that downside.

2. DDO doesn't recognize certain symbols (like the dash), which makes copying and pasting articles or passages very annoying, as you have to manually correct it. Please fix this.
^this^
3. When someone logs off of DDO, it takes four hours to update. It would be nice to know right away.
Meh. STALKER :p

lol

4. Fix the crappy search function.
^this^
5. Give us more space for our RFDs. There's no reason why the majority of people should be posting their RFDs in the comments section. Instead of showing the entire RFD, only show a certain portion, and have a "click here to expand" option.
Mmhmm
6. Make the spelling correcter work in the rich text format as well.
It doesn't... I never tried... 0.o
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:50:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.

Mafia, bruh. Mafia.
2. DDO doesn't recognize certain symbols (like the dash), which makes copying and pasting articles or passages very annoying, as you have to manually correct it. Please fix this.

It's extremely easy to fix this. Stop Word from AutoCorrecting long dashes, the long horizontal rule, and the ellipsis, and then it'll be fixed. There's nothing I can do for the apostrophes, though.
3. When someone logs off of DDO, it takes four hours to update. It would be nice to know right away.

Amen.
4. Fix the crappy search function.

Just use Google. :P

I also noticed you can't search again while in the search results and you need to navigate somewhere else to search again.
5. Give us more space for our RFDs. There's no reason why the majority of people should be posting their RFDs in the comments section. Instead of showing the entire RFD, only show a certain portion, and have a "click here to expand" option.

I'm in favor of this as well.
6. Make the spelling correcter work in the rich text format as well.

^^^

I'm in favor of 3, 5, and 6. Kind of leaning on 4.
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:52:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:50:02 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.

Mafia, bruh. Mafia.

There's an easy fix to that. We could make it so an edited post would say "edited", and mafia games could simply ban the use of editing.

2. DDO doesn't recognize certain symbols (like the dash), which makes copying and pasting articles or passages very annoying, as you have to manually correct it. Please fix this.

It's extremely easy to fix this. Stop Word from AutoCorrecting long dashes, the long horizontal rule, and the ellipsis, and then it'll be fixed. There's nothing I can do for the apostrophes, though.

Can you explain how to do this?

3. When someone logs off of DDO, it takes four hours to update. It would be nice to know right away.

Amen.
4. Fix the crappy search function.

Just use Google. :P

It's still annoying.


I also noticed you can't search again while in the search results and you need to navigate somewhere else to search again.
5. Give us more space for our RFDs. There's no reason why the majority of people should be posting their RFDs in the comments section. Instead of showing the entire RFD, only show a certain portion, and have a "click here to expand" option.

I'm in favor of this as well.
6. Make the spelling correcter work in the rich text format as well.

^^^

I'm in favor of 3, 5, and 6. Kind of leaning on 4.
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:54:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:48:42 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:42:42 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.
But then people can just remove what they said, instead of being responsible for it.

Sometimes offensive material is best removed, even if it allows the person to avoid responsibility. Anyway, I think the ability to fix typos and update your posts outweighs that downside.

We could also just have editing like Facebook does--it allows you to see what the post said before it was edited.

2. DDO doesn't recognize certain symbols (like the dash), which makes copying and pasting articles or passages very annoying, as you have to manually correct it. Please fix this.
^this^
3. When someone logs off of DDO, it takes four hours to update. It would be nice to know right away.
Meh. STALKER :p

lol

4. Fix the crappy search function.
^this^
5. Give us more space for our RFDs. There's no reason why the majority of people should be posting their RFDs in the comments section. Instead of showing the entire RFD, only show a certain portion, and have a "click here to expand" option.
Mmhmm
6. Make the spelling correcter work in the rich text format as well.
It doesn't... I never tried... 0.o
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:58:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:52:41 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:50:02 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.

Mafia, bruh. Mafia.

There's an easy fix to that. We could make it so an edited post would say "edited", and mafia games could simply ban the use of editing.

Ah, touche.
2. DDO doesn't recognize certain symbols (like the dash), which makes copying and pasting articles or passages very annoying, as you have to manually correct it. Please fix this.

It's extremely easy to fix this. Stop Word from AutoCorrecting long dashes, the long horizontal rule, and the ellipsis, and then it'll be fixed. There's nothing I can do for the apostrophes, though.


Can you explain how to do this?

1. Make a long dash in Word, click on it so an underline appears, then hover your mouse over it until the AutoCorrect options pop up. Press Stop Automatically Creating Dashes. It'll now be simply --.

2. Repeat the same process with the ellipsis so it'll show up as regular three dots.

3. If you type "________________", Word will automatically make it into an HR (spreads across the whole page). Repeat the process to revert that permanently.

The only problem left is the apostrophe, and it's not really that hard to read it if ' is replaced with ". I just CTRL + F all the quotation marks to revert them back to apostrophes to be picky, but that's your choice.
4. Fix the crappy search function.

Just use Google. :P

It's still annoying.

That it is.
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:59:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:56:35 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
7. Allow us to make all-cap posts. People just use "nac" to get around it anyway.

I like nac tho :(
funnycn
Posts: 16
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:00:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:59:05 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:56:35 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
7. Allow us to make all-cap posts. People just use "nac" to get around it anyway.

I like nac tho :(

I LIKE THAT IDEA

nac
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:01:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:59:05 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:56:35 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
7. Allow us to make all-cap posts. People just use "nac" to get around it anyway.

I like nac tho :(
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:15:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 3:01:38 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:59:05 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:56:35 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
7. Allow us to make all-cap posts. People just use "nac" to get around it anyway.

I like nac tho :(

Why
RevNge
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:19:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 3:15:50 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/9/2015 3:01:38 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:59:05 AM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:56:35 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
7. Allow us to make all-cap posts. People just use "nac" to get around it anyway.

I like nac tho :(

Why

Because it has a history and has its own legend.
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:26:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.

This is not smart. Person X can heavily insult person Y, and then edit it to a compliment, meaning a punishment could be nonexistent.

2. DDO doesn't recognize certain symbols (like the dash), which makes copying and pasting articles or passages very annoying, as you have to manually correct it. Please fix this.

There's not really enough here to mandate a change. It's not a major problem, and people seem to be debating and posting arguments just fine.

3. When someone logs off of DDO, it takes four hours to update. It would be nice to know right away.

Does it?

4. Fix the crappy search function.

Agreed lol

5. Give us more space for our RFDs. There's no reason why the majority of people should be posting their RFDs in the comments section. Instead of showing the entire RFD, only show a certain portion, and have a "click here to expand" option.
6. Make the spelling correcter work in the rich text format as well.

Agreed
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:29:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 3:26:31 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.

This is not smart. Person X can heavily insult person Y, and then edit it to a compliment, meaning a punishment could be nonexistent.


You can make it so mods are able to see the original post. I don't see this becoming a serious problem anyway.
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:30:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 3:29:50 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/9/2015 3:26:31 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.

This is not smart. Person X can heavily insult person Y, and then edit it to a compliment, meaning a punishment could be nonexistent.


You can make it so mods are able to see the original post. I don't see this becoming a serious problem anyway.

That would require more work, but if the opportunity arises, we could try it
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
dylancatlow
Posts: 12,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:34:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 3:30:41 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 1/9/2015 3:29:50 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
At 1/9/2015 3:26:31 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:40:27 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
1. Allow us to edit our forum posts after they've been posted.

This is not smart. Person X can heavily insult person Y, and then edit it to a compliment, meaning a punishment could be nonexistent.


You can make it so mods are able to see the original post. I don't see this becoming a serious problem anyway.

That would require more work, but if the opportunity arises, we could try it

I've been a member of other forums which allow editing, and it wasn't a problem. Most people who have reason to delete their posts (posting offensive material, etc) don't care if they are seen as rude to begin with.