Jump to topic:

How Long Does It Usually Take...

Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 2:53:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
...for a votebomb to get removed? I am curious about this as if it takes a decent amount of time (say a day+) then votebombs and votebombers could sneak in their votes shortly before the voting time expires and get away with one. Or am I mistaken?

I just suffered from my first votebomb :( [which was on my first debate ever to reach the voting period which bodes ill for the frequency that this is going to occur I feel].
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 2:55:53 PM
At 1/9/2015 2:53:24 PM, Clovis wrote:
...for a votebomb to get removed? I am curious about this as if it takes a decent amount of time (say a day+) then votebombs and votebombers could sneak in their votes shortly before the voting time expires and get away with one. Or am I mistaken?

I just suffered from my first votebomb :( [which was on my first debate ever to reach the voting period which bodes ill for the frequency that this is going to occur I feel].

PM it to Airmax, and it'll probably be taken down quicker than a regular report.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 2:56:54 PM
At 1/9/2015 2:55:53 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

PM it to Airmax, and it'll probably be taken down quicker than a regular report.

I don't want to bother him and seem whiny like that... if it doesn't get taken down tomorrow I'll consider that option.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 2:57:40 PM
At 1/9/2015 2:56:54 PM, Clovis wrote:

I don't want to bother him and seem whiny like that... if it doesn't get taken down tomorrow I'll consider that option.

It's not really whiny, it's just helping with moderation.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:04:24 PM

I whine to him every week. He's always a sympathetic ear.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:20:59 PM

I find it amusing how the voter said "this website is getting lamer and lamer and lamer" on his own profile.
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:17:52 PM
At 1/9/2015 3:20:59 PM, RevNge wrote:

I find it amusing how the voter said "this website is getting lamer and lamer and lamer" on his own profile.

Yeah I saw that too... I found it amusing for a brief moment until I realized that my debate was probably arbitrarily targeted out of boredom by this member. Then it just annoyed me.
Words are wind.

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:19:08 PM
At 1/9/2015 4:17:52 PM, Clovis wrote:

Yeah I saw that too... I found it amusing for a brief moment until I realized that my debate was probably arbitrarily targeted out of boredom by this member. Then it just annoyed me.

At least it's removed now. :P
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:20:52 PM
At 1/9/2015 4:19:08 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/9/2015 4:17:52 PM, Clovis wrote:

At least it's removed now. :P

Sadly 'tis not but 3 more points would put me in the lead either way. And considering it was a FF anyways... shouldn't be too hard to garner hopefully.
Words are wind.

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:53:27 PM

Votes can be deleted post voting period, so dont worry.
Nolite Timere
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:09:59 PM
At 1/9/2015 4:53:27 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Votes can be deleted post voting period, so dont worry.

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!
Words are wind.

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:13:14 PM

I usually handle all reported votes within 24 hours, but some votes require an extra day or two of review.

If you believe I have overlooked a reported vote that should be deleted, feel encouraged to contact me directly about it. It's not impossible that I may have accidentally dismissed the report, or that for some reason or another I may have overlooked a vote worthy of deletion. So be sure to contact me if you reported vote that's still around a couple days later.
Debate.org Moderator
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:14:12 PM
At 1/10/2015 9:13:14 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I usually handle all reported votes within 24 hours, but some votes require an extra day or two of review.

If you believe I have overlooked a reported vote that should be deleted, feel encouraged to contact me directly about it. It's not impossible that I may have accidentally dismissed the report, or that for some reason or another I may have overlooked a vote worthy of deletion. So be sure to contact me if you reported vote that's still around a couple days later.

Oh no its resolved now. I was just wondering because I wasn't sure about it but I won't hesitate to contact you if need be. Thanks!
Words are wind.

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:14:22 PM

I don't ever consider it a bother, it's what I'm here for. Feel encouraged to contact me anytime for anything at all that you may need.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:15:23 PM
At 1/10/2015 9:14:12 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:13:14 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Oh no its resolved now. I was just wondering because I wasn't sure about it but I won't hesitate to contact you if need be. Thanks!

I guess I took care of it then... no worries, contact me if you ever need anything.

Enjoy the site.
Debate.org Moderator
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:51:19 PM
At 1/9/2015 3:04:24 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

I whine to him every week. Damn, that's alot!! You have that many issues?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:28:33 PM
At 1/10/2015 9:51:19 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 1/9/2015 3:04:24 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

I whine to him every week. Damn, that's alot!! You have that many issues?

I prefer to think about them as other moron's issues.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite