Jump to topic:

Changing character limit in debating period

RobertSine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 11:51:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is this possible? My opponent (the instigator) and I are both new members in the middle of what is to be our first debate on here. I am finding it really hard to stay within the character limit that they set and requested that it be increased. They agreed but can't find an option for it. I have nothing to go on because I haven't instigated any debates yet so have no idea if there's an option to edit the conditions of the debate at all, much less where that is or whether it includes an option to change the character limit. I've looked in the FAQ and n00b sticky at the top of this page and can't find anything about it.
Valar_Dohaeris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 11:55:53 PM
At 1/12/2015 11:51:06 PM, RobertSine wrote:
Is this possible? My opponent (the instigator) and I are both new members in the middle of what is to be our first debate on here. I am finding it really hard to stay within the character limit that they set and requested that it be increased. They agreed but can't find an option for it. I have nothing to go on because I haven't instigated any debates yet so have no idea if there's an option to edit the conditions of the debate at all, much less where that is or whether it includes an option to change the character limit. I've looked in the FAQ and n00b sticky at the top of this page and can't find anything about it.

Once you start it, you are stuck with it. It's like traditional christian marriage
RobertSine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 11:59:59 PM
At 1/12/2015 11:55:53 PM, Valar_Dohaeris wrote:

Once you start it, you are stuck with it. It's like traditional christian marriage

I was worried that might be the case. Might just have to forfeit and instigate another with them. Thanks for answering.
Valar_Dohaeris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 12:01:02 AM
At 1/12/2015 11:59:59 PM, RobertSine wrote:

I was worried that might be the case. Might just have to forfeit and instigate another with them. Thanks for answering.

http://www.debate.org...

message this guy. If you and your adversary both consent that you want it deleted and to restart, he will remove it for you so it can be redone.
RobertSine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 12:18:00 AM
At 1/13/2015 12:01:02 AM, Valar_Dohaeris wrote:

message this guy. If you and your adversary both consent that you want it deleted and to restart, he will remove it for you so it can be redone.

Thanks for this! That was a massive help. I've messaged my opponent to see what their feelings are on doing that.
Valar_Dohaeris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 12:18:23 AM
At 1/13/2015 12:18:00 AM, RobertSine wrote:

Thanks for this! That was a massive help. I've messaged my opponent to see what their feelings are on doing that.

Np mate
Valar_Dohaeris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 12:19:31 AM

Been off and on the site for quite some time now, until some friends talked me into staying. If you want to know anything shoot me a message.
RobertSine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 12:26:52 AM
At 1/13/2015 12:19:31 AM, Valar_Dohaeris wrote:

Been off and on the site for quite some time now, until some friends talked me into staying. If you want to know anything shoot me a message.

Very nice of you to offer. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.
darthebearnc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:00:28 PM

Hilarious.