NEW FANFIC: Divergent: Episode 1

BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 6:59:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am Annie.

I suddenly realize that I am sitting in a crooked wooden chair, in front of a small cracked mirror hanging inside a sliding closet. I crane my neck and look around, and all I can glance at is a mattress between two uneven bedside tables and chipped walls, before I feel a sharp twinge of pain and jerk away.

"ANNIE! Face front!"

Instinctively, I face the cracked mirror. Between the shattered edges I start to piece
together a familiar face, a close person snipping off my hair.

My mother. Marie.

I think about the beauty of that name, how it once sounded so familiar and became unique and strange as time went by. I will always remember that name.

Then again, my name is the best in the world.

"That"s about done."

My mother steps up to the mirror and slides the closet door closed. She only gets about halfway when-

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WAIT!!!!!! OPEN THE CLOSET!"

I shove her hand out of the way, open the closet and find myself staring at the mirror once again.

"It" it needs more cutting. OH MY GOD IT NEEDS MORE CUTTING! THE WORLD IS DOOMED! NOT EVEN BETTER HAIR CAN SAVE IT!"

My mother stares at me in shock. Pressed against the wall like a sticker. She walks up to me slowly, with more confidence. That is when I see the horror of my life.

"OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE ANNIE. YOU ARE AN ABNEGATION GIRL GOING TO AN APTITUDE TEST, NOT AN AMITY GIRL AT A WEDDING."

I do my best to forget that scolding as I slip out the door, my mother behind me.

At least my name sounds like Amity.

I go downstairs and notice 9space and my dad, Zaradi. I eat plain rice quietly, ignoring the plain bland taste in my mouth. In Abnegation, it is rude to discuss anything at the dinner table.

That must mean my parents are being rude today.

"UGH. The Erudite paper. Says here Airmax ran away from his dad, 16kadams, because he committed child abuse."

"HIM? He"s our closest partner leading Abnegation. He couldn"t have done such a thing!"

"That"s why I"m disgusted, idiot. Use your brain."

"Excuse me, who solved your entire sudoku that you were trying to work on ever since two years ago?"

"THAT DOESN"T COUNT. NOW SHUT UP AND BE SMARTER."

9space and I are startled by the conversation and try hard to look away and ignore the argument. This is SOOOOOOOO religion forum.

"WHY ARE YOU BEING SUCH A CRUEL, EVIL HUSBAND? ALL I DID WAS AGREE WITH YOU AND YOU START TO SCREAM AT ME?! REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN YOU THREW A DISH AT ME FOR READING A BEDTIME STORY TO THE KIDS?!"

"SHUT UP YOU ***. I AM ALWAYS RIGHT AND YOU ARE ALWAYS WRONG, SO **** YOU."

I wince. 9space squeezes me.

They both stare at us, then give a look of realization and guilt. My mother smiles and tears up emotionally.

"I"m s-orr-y. I *gasp* j-us-t d-don"t *gasp* feel a-s nor-mal wh-en you"re going t-t-o live a-wa-y *gasp* fr-om u-us *gasp* for s-so ma-n-y m-mon-ths *gasp*."

"Mom, I"m not going to leave you forever. You would never."

I hug her like a teddy bear. Then I hug my father, and 9space hugs our parents as he dries his tears with his shirt sleeve.

"It is time," my father says.

"Bye!" I say with 9space simultaneously.

And in seconds, our house was out of sight. Unfortunately, I was still bothered with the question:

WHO DO I BELONG TO?
I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas...
Is...
Youuuuuu
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:09:21 AM
Darn this was supposed to go in the Entertainment forum.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 6:21:40 PM
At 1/14/2015 3:43:31 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
No

Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 10:05:19 PM
At 1/14/2015 6:21:40 PM, BLAHthedebator wrote:
No

Divergent is a cheesy teenage romance faux sci-fi novel.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 11:16:16 PM
At 1/14/2015 10:05:19 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/14/2015 6:21:40 PM, BLAHthedebator wrote:
No

Divergent is a cheesy teenage romance faux sci-fi novel.

That will never stop me! NEVERRRRRRRR!
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 12:05:33 AM
This was heavily ripped off of Divergent...to be honest, it's no better than Vox's Death Note fanfic.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 12:53:14 AM
At 1/15/2015 12:05:33 AM, RevNge wrote:
This was heavily ripped off of Divergent...to be honest, it's no better than Vox's Death Note fanfic.

Not to mention that it wasn't even that great of a rip off...I mean I can appreciate a decent rip-off in this case because it makes me feel like I'm in the movie...but that was just....interesting.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 1:12:34 AM
At 1/15/2015 12:53:14 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Not to mention that it wasn't even that great of a rip off...I mean I can appreciate a decent rip-off in this case because it makes me feel like I'm in the movie...but that was just....interesting.

First time writing a fanfic. Honestly this sucks, but it was also rushed.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 1:21:24 AM
At 1/15/2015 1:12:34 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

Don't rush it then. Take your time. I take around a weekish to write my episodes (that's too long, but you get the point). There's no need to try and bang one out in five minutes. Make it good.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 1:33:28 AM
At 1/15/2015 1:21:24 AM, Zaradi wrote:
At 1/15/2015 1:12:34 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

Don't rush it then. Take your time. I take around a weekish to write my episodes (that's too long, but you get the point). There's no need to try and bang one out in five minutes. Make it good.

Okay.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:09:08 AM
At 1/14/2015 6:59:38 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:

While you're doing a fanfic about Divergent, you don't necessarily have to use the plot of the book/movie itself. You could use the world of Divergent and create your own story within that world.

For instance, see Zaradi's story: http://www.debate.org...
It's not exactly on one storyline, but is on Greek mythology.
Or even Adam_Godzilla's.

You don't wanna write the same plot over, with just different character names, but rather twist that plot, in your own way.
)

That's what I would do anyways, since I actually hated Tris in the books. She was irrational, careless and stupid in my opinion. The only person I might put on a level with her for my hatred of books would be Clary from TMI. Divergent was a very meh book, Insurgent made me almost bash out my head to read, and Allegiant was... okay. CC killed of Tris... so I was happy.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:13:02 AM
At 1/15/2015 4:09:08 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

While you're doing a fanfic about Divergent, you don't necessarily have to use the plot of the book/movie itself. You could use the world of Divergent and create your own story within that world.

Or even Adam_Godzilla's.

You don't wanna write the same plot over, with just different character names, but rather twist that plot, in your own way.
)

That's what I would do anyways, since I actually hated Tris in the books. She was irrational, careless and stupid in my opinion. The only person I might put on a level with her for my hatred of books would be Clary from TMI. Divergent was a very meh book, Insurgent made me almost bash out my head to read, and Allegiant was... okay. CC killed of Tris... so I was happy.

Wasn't Insurgent where she killed Jeanine and could overtake the new serum she made?
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:16:31 AM

It's not even Greek Mythology. It's like the Percy Jackson world, just with a plot of my own creation from within that world

If you wanted to do something Divergent based, create a plot within the world that Divergent takes place with original characters and then just write.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:17:01 AM
At 1/15/2015 4:13:02 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:
Wasn't Insurgent where she killed Jeanine and could overtake the new serum she made?
Uhh... No... 0.o Well... She could overtake the new serum but I don't think she killed Jeanine in that one, did she?
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

BLAHthedebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:17:56 AM
At 1/15/2015 4:17:01 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/15/2015 4:13:02 AM, BLAHthedebator wrote:
Uhh... No... 0.o Well... She could overtake the new serum but I don't think she killed Jeanine in that one, did she?

Oh wait, that was Tori.
Make my wish come true
Is...
Youuuuuu
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:20:33 AM
At 1/15/2015 4:16:31 AM, Zaradi wrote:

It's not even Greek Mythology. It's like the Percy Jackson world, just with a plot of my own creation from within that world

Percy Jackson= Greek Mythology ??? o.0
If you wanted to do something Divergent based, create a plot within the world that Divergent takes place with original characters and then just write.

Underlined
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:25:30 AM
At 1/15/2015 4:20:33 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

http://camphalfblood.wikia.com...

Underlined
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:45:35 AM
HAhAhHA!
Holy crap man, that was the best fanfic I've read in a while.

Guys, this isn't plagiarism, it's subversive. It is meant to make a satire out of a well known book.

And you nailed it. Make more and don't change a thing. This is pure entertainment man.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:49:00 AM
I am Annie.

I suddenly realize that I am sitting in a crooked wooden chair, in front of a small cracked mirror hanging inside a sliding closet. I crane my neck and look around, and all I can glance at is a mattress between two uneven bedside tables and chipped walls, before I feel a sharp twinge of pain and jerk away.

"ANNIE! Face front!"

Instinctively, I face the cracked mirror. Between the shattered edges I start to piece

My mother. Marie.

I think about the beauty of that name, how it once sounded so familiar and became unique and strange as time went by. I will always remember that name.

"That"s about done."

My mother steps up to the mirror and slides the closet door closed. She only gets about halfway when-

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WAIT!!!!!! OPEN THE CLOSET!"

I shove her hand out of the way, open the closet and find myself staring at the mirror once again.

"It" it needs more cutting. OH MY GOD IT NEEDS MORE CUTTING! THE WORLD IS DOOMED! NOT EVEN BETTER HAIR CAN SAVE IT!"

My mother stares at me in shock. Pressed against the wall like a sticker. She walks up to me slowly, with more confidence. That is when I see the horror of my life.

"OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE ANNIE. YOU ARE AN ABNEGATION GIRL GOING TO AN APTITUDE TEST, NOT AN AMITY GIRL AT A WEDDING."

I do my best to forget that scolding as I slip out the door, my mother behind me.

I go downstairs and notice 9space and my dad, Zaradi. I eat plain rice quietly, ignoring the plain bland taste in my mouth. In Abnegation, it is rude to discuss anything at the dinner table.

"UGH. The Erudite paper. Says here Airmax ran away from his dad, 16kadams, because he committed child abuse."

"HIM? He"s our closest partner leading Abnegation. He couldn"t have done such a thing!"

"Excuse me, who solved your entire sudoku that you were trying to work on ever since two years ago?"

9space and I are startled by the conversation and try hard to look away and ignore the argument. This is SOOOOOOOO religion forum.

"WHY ARE YOU BEING SUCH A CRUEL, EVIL HUSBAND? ALL I DID WAS AGREE WITH YOU AND YOU START TO SCREAM AT ME?! REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN YOU THREW A DISH AT ME FOR READING A BEDTIME STORY TO THE KIDS?!"

They both stare at us, then give a look of realization and guilt. My mother smiles and tears up emotionally.

"I"m s-orr-y. I *gasp* j-us-t d-don"t *gasp* feel a-s nor-mal wh-en you"re going t-t-o live a-wa-y *gasp* fr-om u-us *gasp* for s-so ma-n-y m-mon-ths *gasp*."

I hug her like a teddy bear. Then I hug my father, and 9space hugs our parents as he dries his tears with his shirt sleeve.

And in seconds, our house was out of sight. Unfortunately, I was still bothered with the question:

WHO DO I BELONG TO?

Noooooo. Want more XD! I'm excited to see what you will do to Annie. Hope it's hilarious! Don't hold back, go all out!
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 12:15:10 PM

My Death Note fanfic shows few (if any) signs of being ripped off. You must be thinking of "Attack on Liberal".

The DDO Blog:

RevNge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 12:18:13 PM
At 1/15/2015 12:15:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

My Death Note fanfic shows few (if any) signs of being ripped off. You must be thinking of "Attack on Liberal".

roflmao...it's exactly like it, with Bluesteel being Light and Near being L. It's far from being original, much to my distaste.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 1:59:33 PM
At 1/15/2015 12:18:13 PM, RevNge wrote:
At 1/15/2015 12:15:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

roflmao...it's exactly like it, with Bluesteel being Light and Near being L. It's far from being original, much to my distaste.

Yes, that part was intentional. These characters were meant as "successors" to the original characters, and it takes place within the same universe as Death Note.

The DDO Blog:

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 2:08:12 PM
At 1/15/2015 4:25:30 AM, Zaradi wrote:

That's the second series. The first was primarily Greek gods and goddesses.

Underlined
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:11:21 PM
At 1/15/2015 2:08:12 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 1/15/2015 4:25:30 AM, Zaradi wrote:

That's the second series. The first was primarily Greek gods and goddesses.

Sure but it's the literary world in which my story kind of takes place. If the serieses had never been written I would say "yeah it's Greek mythology" and claim credit for the idea of a camp half blood. Buuuuut...

Underlined
MWonderWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2016 5:25:47 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
I am Annie.

"ANNIE! Face front!"

My mother. Marie.

"That"s about done."

WHO DO I BELONG TO?

My moms name is Marie.
Wonder Wolf is AWESOME, and if you disagree, DEAL WITH IT!!!