Jump to topic:

Behold: The Troll

cultsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 6:45:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Under the guise of "cultsmasher," I have been called a troll at many forums. (Before I got banned) But do you know what the opposite of a troll is? A fairy. As in homosexual. It's too bad that so many prople out there are only interested in homosexual discussion. But I refuse to stoop to that level. Besides, there is a concept in this country called "freedom of speech."

This forum, like most others, probably won't allow it. Even though those who run it probably believe in the concept of freedom of speech themselves. So to deny somebody the right to exercise theirs is hypocritical. As well as showing a lack of dignity, honor and decency. There are people out there who say, "I may not agree with what you say. But I will defend with my life your right to say it.

Let's see if those who run this forum can live up to that morality. Even a little. Because the things I have to say, most of you probably won't like. But if what you have to say doesn't offend somebody, then chances are that what you have to say has no real value. It is my wish to debate people on any point that I make. Will this forum allow such debate? We shall see.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 6:50:24 PM
Want freedom of speech?
Go start your own website.

And I have no idea what homosexual discussion means.
So, welcome. You've already established you are a controversial idiot who doesn't like gays. I'm so glad you are here.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:16:55 PM
At 1/15/2015 6:45:41 PM, cultsmasher wrote:
Under the guise of "cultsmasher," I have been called a troll at many forums. (Before I got banned)

You know its a pretty stupid idea for your first post on a website to be a confession about how youve been banned from other sites for trolling.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:19:33 PM
Under the guise of "cultsmasher," I have been called a troll at many forums. (Before I got banned) But do you know what the opposite of a troll is? A fairy. As in homosexual. It's too bad that so many prople out there are only interested in homosexual discussion. But I refuse to stoop to that level. Besides, there is a concept in this country called "freedom of speech."

This forum, like most others, probably won't allow it. Even though those who run it probably believe in the concept of freedom of speech themselves. So to deny somebody the right to exercise theirs is hypocritical. As well as showing a lack of dignity, honor and decency. There are people out there who say, "I may not agree with what you say. But I will defend with my life your right to say it.

Let's see if those who run this forum can live up to that morality. Even a little. Because the things I have to say, most of you probably won't like. But if what you have to say doesn't offend somebody, then chances are that what you have to say has no real value. It is my wish to debate people on any point that I make. Will this forum allow such debate? We shall see.

So, you make a regular habit about talking about how horrible homosexuality is?
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:22:10 PM
A person who believes that the value of what someone says is connected to its propensity to offend is probably not someone who ever had any extensive formal education, and most likely not a person who is well read, cultured, or has any sense of the world beyond a very small little place.
Tsar of DDO
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:22:29 PM
I certainly believe in freedom of speech and I can assure you that it will be upheld in this forum to the extent that the US congress will make no law here respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

This is a website though, and there are therefore limits on what we allow.
Debate.org Moderator
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:22:38 PM
At 1/15/2015 7:16:55 PM, imabench wrote:
Under the guise of "cultsmasher," I have been called a troll at many forums. (Before I got banned)

You know its a pretty stupid idea for your first post on a website to be a confession about how youve been banned from other sites for trolling.....

OR MAYBE

HE'S USING REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

OR MAYBE

HE'S JUST SAYING THAT SO WE'LL BE SURPRISED WHEN HE DOESN'T GET BANNED

OR MAYBE

He's a duh- cough cough cough cough mars cough cough
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:24:56 PM
At 1/15/2015 7:22:29 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I certainly believe in freedom of speech and I can assure you that it will be upheld in this forum to the extent that the US congress will make no law here respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I think that sums it up fairly well.
Tsar of DDO
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:28:32 PM

freedom of speech and legally protected homosexual marriage cannot co-exist. Freedom of speech must be sacrificed.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:30:58 PM
At 1/15/2015 7:28:32 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

freedom of speech and legally protected homosexual marriage cannot co-exist. Freedom of speech must be sacrificed.

And here I was thinking that the OP was going to be the stupidest post in the thread

Well done LMGIG. You've done it again. Well f*cking done.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:31:45 PM

: This is a website though, and there are therefore limits on what we allow.

IN OTHER WORDS:

Badmouth me and I give you the banhammer.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:32:34 PM
At 1/15/2015 7:31:45 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:

IN OTHER WORDS:

Don't get Garbanza started...
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:33:49 PM

^ If he keeps that up I may just have to make a WS episode featuring just quotes he has said
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:35:05 PM

IN OTHER WORDS:

haha if only this were true :P

btw once you have a few episodes of your fan fic, be sure to send me the links via PM so I can add them to the sticky in the entertainment forum

(and that was post 11k, yay)
Debate.org Moderator
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:37:32 PM

roflmao

And the award for dumbest comment of the day goes to..... LMGIG!
Tsar of DDO
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:39:21 PM
At 1/15/2015 7:35:05 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

IN OTHER WORDS:

haha if only this were true :P

btw once you have a few episodes of your fan fic, be sure to send me the links via PM so I can add them to the sticky in the entertainment forum

(and that was post 11k, yay)

Sure thing, airmax... happy to be in an official sticky lol
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Valar_Dohaeris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:09:58 PM

Freedom of speech does not exist, when you agree to adhere to a sites policies.
Valar_Dohaeris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:11:47 PM

You forgot to tell me how to get saved. I messaged you like 92 times, can you explain it to me please?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:39:27 PM

You, like so many, probably confuse what freedom of speech means and what being insulting and vulgar means. Freedom of speech has never been about pornography or being vulgar and insulting. It is and always has been about being able to be critical about govt policies and govt officials without fear of persecution. Calling someone a rope smoking fa##ot is being vulgar and insulting. It has no intellectual value. You can say it, but it will violate the "terms of use". It isn't rocket science.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:43:49 PM

How is troll opposite to homosexual?

I'm not sure I understand this. Are you willing to debate that "An Internet troll is the opposite of a homosexual"?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:51:56 PM
Lol...I have no words, only laughter.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:53:28 PM

http://wtcdemolition.com...
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 3:01:10 AM

[Insert off base Reductio ad Hitlerum here], whine whine whine, blabbity blah blah.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:37:43 PM
At 1/15/2015 7:22:10 PM, YYW wrote:
A person who believes that the value of what someone says is connected to its propensity to offend is probably not someone who ever had any extensive formal education, and most likely not a person who is well read, cultured, or has any sense of the world beyond a very small little place.

How much alcohol did it take to finish your formal education?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:54:41 PM
At 1/16/2015 7:37:43 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 1/15/2015 7:22:10 PM, YYW wrote:

How much alcohol did it take to finish your formal education?

I drank early and often as an undergrad. I drink a lot less now. Maybe once or twice a month. I'm in grad school, btw.
Tsar of DDO
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:09:08 PM
I give him a month to make enemies out of experienced DDO users and cause in his own tissy fit through the forums.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 12:16:48 AM

You sound like such a pleasant chap; I'm sure we'll all be waiting for your nuanced and inspired thoughts on creative applications of the Bill of Rights with bated breath.

I'm willing to bet you're an expert on retroviral epidemiology as well.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -