Jump to topic:

I'm done with this site.

Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 3:17:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've decided I both hate this site, and love it. I constantly disagree with basically everyone on this site (which is kinda the point), but I can't seem to find anyone that shares my opinions. So i've decided to leave the site for now. I may return one day with a new account, but i'm just not having as much fun as I used to.
Goodbye for now and I'll hopefully see you all again.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 3:30:22 PM
At 1/17/2015 3:17:10 PM, Rubikx wrote:
I've decided I both hate this site, and love it. I constantly disagree with basically everyone on this site (which is kinda the point), but I can't seem to find anyone that shares my opinions. So i've decided to leave the site for now. I may return one day with a new account, but i'm just not having as much fun as I used to.

Bye.
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 3:58:47 PM
I've decided I both hate this site, and love it. I constantly disagree with basically everyone on this site (which is kinda the point), but I can't seem to find anyone that shares my opinions.
O.O
B-ut...
Okay.
So i've decided to leave the site for now. I may return one day with a new account, but i'm just not having as much fun as I used to.
Bye.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 4:32:38 PM
Leaving the site is not a bad or odd thing, and it always amazes me when individuals feel the need to make an announcement over it. This is an entertainment site. When it is no longer entertaining, don't use it any more. I didn't make a proclamation when I stopped using my playstation.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Chuz-Life
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 4:39:21 PM
At 1/17/2015 4:32:38 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Leaving the site is not a bad or odd thing, and it always amazes me when individuals feel the need to make an announcement over it. This is an entertainment site. When it is no longer entertaining, don't use it any more. I didn't make a proclamation when I stopped using my playstation.

I think it's a want for showing disappointment. It is for me, anyway. I've struggled with leaving DDO many times now and when I finally do, I'm fairly certain that I will show my disappointment in much the same way,
"Sooner or later, the Supreme Court of the Unites States is going to have explain how a 'child in the womb' is a person enough to be recognized as a MURDER victim under our fetal homicide laws but how they are not persons enough to qualify for any other Constitutional protections" ~ Chuz Life

http://www.debate.org...
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 4:43:47 PM

?!?
You stopped using your playstation?!?
I'm very concerned and interested. Tell me more.

PS1 is the second best system, next to the Super NES.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 4:48:13 PM
At 1/17/2015 4:43:47 PM, KhaosMage wrote:

?!?

Trust me, it was a struggle. Some of my favorite games of all time were for the PS1, but I left all my systems behind when I moved to avoid temptation. Maybe I should have made a thread over it, actually haha.
- lamerde

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 4:53:23 PM

?!?

Oh how nostalgia clouds our recollections in a golden haze. I enjoyed the games. I did not enjoy propping the cartridges with instruction packets, only to have a heavy stomp to cause my game to reset. Or the seven-year-old me blowing into my cartridges in the futile hope that they would be ressurected, only to curse the gods when they finally failed.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:20:51 PM

Bye
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Complicated_Mind
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:25:12 PM

I second this statement.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:38:50 PM

Eh. When I eventually get bored, I'll make sure not to do it.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:55:24 PM

I did when I stopped playing playstation.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:48:49 PM
At 1/17/2015 4:53:23 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

?!?

Oh how nostalgia clouds our recollections in a golden haze. I enjoyed the games. I did not enjoy propping the cartridges with instruction packets, only to have a heavy stomp to cause my game to reset. Or the seven-year-old me blowing into my cartridges in the futile hope that they would be ressurected, only to curse the gods when they finally failed.

Keep in mind you are talking to the guy who literally just played Mega Man 1-3 in the last week on his NES.
I'd rank the overall game value of a system as Super NES, PSX, then NES.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Batman Arkham Asylam and City on the XBOX, but, IMO, the system, overall, does not compare with the older, breakthough ones.
(and I'm aware, there are PLENTY of bad games for these systems)
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:50:03 PM
At 1/17/2015 8:48:49 PM, KhaosMage wrote:

?!?

Keep in mind you are talking to the guy who literally just played Mega Man 1-3 in the last week on his NES.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Batman Arkham Asylam and City on the XBOX, but, IMO, the system, overall, does not compare with the older, breakthough ones.

What was your favorite game?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:51:16 PM
At 1/17/2015 8:50:03 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

?!?

For what system?
Also, as a personal preference, I think the NES is the best. Sooooo many good, difficult titles.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:01:16 PM
At 1/17/2015 8:51:16 PM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/17/2015 8:50:03 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

?!?

For what system?
Also, as a personal preference, I think the NES is the best. Sooooo many good, difficult titles.

SNES or Playstation. I had both of those. NES was a bit before my time. The Playstation was like magic to me, lol.
- Hilaire Belloc -
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:17:42 PM
At 1/17/2015 9:01:16 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

SNES or Playstation. I had both of those. NES was a bit before my time. The Playstation was like magic to me, lol.

Well, I like RPGs, so for the SNES, of course, you have Chrono Trigger.
Other honorable mentions: Super Metroid, Final Fantasy III, Legend of Mana, and NinjaWarriors (beat-em-up game, like Double Dragon or Turtles).

PSX.....I'd have to say Wild Arms. (a very underrated turn based RPG, but fun as hell)
Other honorable mentions: Final Fantasy VII (obviously) and Tactics (although easy) and the remakes with cut scenes for I, II, IV, V, VI and Chrono Trigger, Castlevania Symphony of the NIght, Battle Arena Toshinden, and Alundra.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 10:27:06 PM
At 1/17/2015 9:17:42 PM, KhaosMage wrote:

Other honorable mentions: Super Metroid, Final Fantasy III, Legend of Mana, and NinjaWarriors (beat-em-up game, like Double Dragon or Turtles).

PSX.....I'd have to say Wild Arms. (a very underrated turn based RPG, but fun as hell)
Other honorable mentions: Final Fantasy VII (obviously) and Tactics (although easy) and the remakes with cut scenes for I, II, IV, V, VI and Chrono Trigger, Castlevania Symphony of the NIght, Battle Arena Toshinden, and Alundra.

Have you ever played Chrono Cross, or Legend of Dragoon? I've looking into Wild Arms, and it looks nice; maybe I can get a port.
- Hilaire Belloc -
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 12:27:29 AM
At 1/17/2015 10:27:06 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Have you ever played Chrono Cross, or Legend of Dragoon? I've looking into Wild Arms, and it looks nice; maybe I can get a port.

Chrono Cross I have played, and I did not like it. It's....different.
It is a sequel of Chrono Trigger (takes place like 20 years later) but it is weird, and the battle system is unique. Mostly, though, I didn't play much because I got confused story-wise, and there are way too many characters (IIRC, like 64).
Legend of Dragoon I played too, but I got confused pretty early on, as the first city was HUGE. It blew my mind, and I got lost. I should play it again.

Wild Arms is apparently known for difficult optional bosses, I think Wild Arms 3 for PS2 has 12 or something. I just like the standard RPG style, but on the main screen, you switch between characters and tools, and use them to problem solve. So, a little Zelda puzzling with your RPG, but nothing too crazy. For example, the female character has an amulet (to open doors), a wand (to talk to animals), and something else.
The graphics of the first Wild arms are awful, but, I don't really care about graphics, I care about gameplay and story (for RPGs). I've only played the first three of five (and only beat the 2nd one), but they all start the same: play the backstory of each character for a solo mission, which brings them to a point where they all meet, and the game begins.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:38:40 AM
At 1/18/2015 12:27:29 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/17/2015 10:27:06 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Chrono Cross I have played, and I did not like it. It's....different.
It is a sequel of Chrono Trigger (takes place like 20 years later) but it is weird, and the battle system is unique. Mostly, though, I didn't play much because I got confused story-wise, and there are way too many characters (IIRC, like 64).

Yeah, the characters were insane (though Suikoden was even more crazy on that count - there were over 100, I believe), and the story was an absolute mindf*ck. The soundtrack though... Yasunori Mitsuda writes stunningly lush music. Probably my favorite soundtrack of all time.

Legend of Dragoon I played too, but I got confused pretty early on, as the first city was HUGE. It blew my mind, and I got lost. I should play it again.

You should, probably the best story out of any RPG I've ever played. The world design is soooo interesting. The only bad thing that I can say about it is that the voice acting is horrible, but there are only like four spoken lines, so it isn't that much of a detriment.

Wild Arms is apparently known for difficult optional bosses, I think Wild Arms 3 for PS2 has 12 or something. I just like the standard RPG style, but on the main screen, you switch between characters and tools, and use them to problem solve. So, a little Zelda puzzling with your RPG, but nothing too crazy. For example, the female character has an amulet (to open doors), a wand (to talk to animals), and something else.
The graphics of the first Wild arms are awful, but, I don't really care about graphics, I care about gameplay and story (for RPGs). I've only played the first three of five (and only beat the 2nd one), but they all start the same: play the backstory of each character for a solo mission, which brings them to a point where they all meet, and the game begins.

Sounds great, I'll see if I can acquire it. Do you know of any PC ports?

And what about Fire Emblem? I'm an enormous fan of that series, and the last two for Gamecube/Wii had really outstanding world building and storyline. They come very close to topping my list on those aspects.
- Hilaire Belloc -
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:41:41 AM
At 1/18/2015 1:38:40 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Not even sure what that means LOL
I own all of these games and the required consoles, so I don't use the PC much.

And what about Fire Emblem? I'm an enormous fan of that series, and the last two for Gamecube/Wii had really outstanding world building and storyline. They come very close to topping my list on those aspects.
Never played any of them, but I've heard they were good.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:45:57 AM
At 1/18/2015 1:41:41 AM, KhaosMage wrote:

Lol, I'm mostly a PC gamer now, because I don't have a TV. It's basically a version of the game that you can play on the computer, with keyboard and mouse inputs replacing controller inputs, though you can hook up a controller to the computer itself. I played FFXIII that way because I didn't want to buy a PSIII just to fuel my obsessive need to play every Final Fantasy game that comes out.

Do you collect old consoles, or are you just careful about maintaining them?

- Hilaire Belloc -
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:48:36 AM

Nonsense. DDO is a social media site, too. It's not simply entertainment. When you decide to leave this site, and people know you well enough, it's only polite to say that you're leaving.
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:51:47 AM
At 1/18/2015 1:45:57 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Lol, I'm mostly a PC gamer now, because I don't have a TV. It's basically a version of the game that you can play on the computer, with keyboard and mouse inputs replacing controller inputs, though you can hook up a controller to the computer itself. I played FFXIII that way because I didn't want to buy a PSIII just to fuel my obsessive need to play every Final Fantasy game that comes out.

Does this help?
http://coolrom.com...

The old stuff is built well (and since they are simpler machines, they don't crash), so I guess both. I do own about 11 systems and about 500 games, and have probably only played about 1/3 of them.
Spend too much time working two jobs and/or on here to enjoy them, and, of course, there are many really bad games (or games that you have no idea what you are doing without the instructions)
Conservative101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:53:14 AM
At 1/18/2015 1:48:36 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Nonsense. DDO is a social media site, too. It's not simply entertainment. When you decide to leave this site, and people know you well enough, it's only polite to say that you're leaving.

You can just tell your friends privately that you're leaving instead of announcing it to the world.
When in doubt, start riots and scream racism
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:54:31 AM
At 1/18/2015 1:53:14 AM, Conservative101 wrote:
At 1/18/2015 1:48:36 AM, Zarroette wrote:

You can just tell your friends privately that you're leaving instead of announcing it to the world.

It's much easier just to make a forum topic in the personal section so that no one misses out, friend or not.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 10:20:51 AM

Have either of you ever played a game called Soviet Strike for PS? It was a top-down helicopter sim that had you playing as a Jack Bauer type all over the world. It was the first game I ever played that incorporated real actors into the cutscenes. I remember an 8 year old me playing that and my mind just being blown.
- lamerde

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 10:26:56 AM
At 1/18/2015 1:51:47 AM, KhaosMage wrote:
At 1/18/2015 1:45:57 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Does this help?
http://coolrom.com...

The old stuff is built well (and since they are simpler machines, they don't crash), so I guess both. I do own about 11 systems and about 500 games, and have probably only played about 1/3 of them.
Spend too much time working two jobs and/or on here to enjoy them, and, of course, there are many really bad games (or games that you have no idea what you are doing without the instructions)

Thanks, I'm working on getting the emulator working =D
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 10:28:49 AM
At 1/18/2015 10:20:51 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Have either of you ever played a game called Soviet Strike for PS? It was a top-down helicopter sim that had you playing as a Jack Bauer type all over the world. It was the first game I ever played that incorporated real actors into the cutscenes. I remember an 8 year old me playing that and my mind just being blown.

Nope, I don't believe so. My mind was first blown by the cutscenes in FFVIII, which is probably my favorite FF game.
- Hilaire Belloc -
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 11:24:25 AM

Bye bye
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica