Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

1,500th Post! Q&A

1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:54:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For my special 1,500th post, I will DDO users ask questions and I will answer them (as long as their reasonable that is).
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:05:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It took you 3 years to get 1,500 posts?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:06:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 9:05:09 PM, imabench wrote:
It took you 3 years to get 1,500 posts?

Yes... it clearly says that on his profile. What is the point of the question, when you already know the answer, and it is most likely he does, also?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:08:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 8:56:21 PM, YYW wrote:
Who are your favorite members of DDO and why?

That's a good one and I have always thought about this. I guess it might be because of ideology that when I first came here I interacted with conservatives. 16kadams came about the same time I did and I've always liked him. We have debated each other as well, in two debates. I would say Subutai and Contra are two I like as well. Contra seems to enjoy fiscal issues like I do while I think Subutai has around the same passion for history.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:10:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 9:08:57 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 1/17/2015 8:56:21 PM, YYW wrote:
Who are your favorite members of DDO and why?

That's a good one and I have always thought about this. I guess it might be because of ideology that when I first came here I interacted with conservatives. 16kadams came about the same time I did and I've always liked him. We have debated each other as well, in two debates. I would say Subutai and Contra are two I like as well. Contra seems to enjoy fiscal issues like I do while I think Subutai has around the same passion for history.

I think that's an excellent answer. 16k is one of the smartest kids I've ever known, same with Subutai. Both are excellent debaters and great contributors to this site. Contra I'm not sure about so much because he's not active anymore, but I'd welcome his return.
Tsar of DDO
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:10:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 9:05:09 PM, imabench wrote:
It took you 3 years to get 1,500 posts?

I would answer, but someone else has answered for me. A bit of an obvious question wouldn't you say?
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:11:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 9:10:09 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/17/2015 9:08:57 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 1/17/2015 8:56:21 PM, YYW wrote:
Who are your favorite members of DDO and why?

That's a good one and I have always thought about this. I guess it might be because of ideology that when I first came here I interacted with conservatives. 16kadams came about the same time I did and I've always liked him. We have debated each other as well, in two debates. I would say Subutai and Contra are two I like as well. Contra seems to enjoy fiscal issues like I do while I think Subutai has around the same passion for history.

I think that's an excellent answer. 16k is one of the smartest kids I've ever known, same with Subutai. Both are excellent debaters and great contributors to this site. Contra I'm not sure about so much because he's not active anymore, but I'd welcome his return.

He's been gone for about a week. I like him, partly because I think he is one of the best examples we have of how important DDO can be. He was once a liberal who became a conservative. Another user, before he left, that I had a good time with was ConservativePolitico.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:11:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 9:06:25 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 1/17/2015 9:05:09 PM, imabench wrote:
It took you 3 years to get 1,500 posts?

Yes... it clearly says that on his profile. What is the point of the question, when you already know the answer, and it is most likely he does, also?

I ask because ive been here the same amount of time with literally 10 times more forum posts....

.........only 80% of which were due to flamewars.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:12:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 9:11:40 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 1/17/2015 9:10:09 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/17/2015 9:08:57 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
At 1/17/2015 8:56:21 PM, YYW wrote:
Who are your favorite members of DDO and why?

That's a good one and I have always thought about this. I guess it might be because of ideology that when I first came here I interacted with conservatives. 16kadams came about the same time I did and I've always liked him. We have debated each other as well, in two debates. I would say Subutai and Contra are two I like as well. Contra seems to enjoy fiscal issues like I do while I think Subutai has around the same passion for history.

I think that's an excellent answer. 16k is one of the smartest kids I've ever known, same with Subutai. Both are excellent debaters and great contributors to this site. Contra I'm not sure about so much because he's not active anymore, but I'd welcome his return.

He's been gone for about a week. I like him, partly because I think he is one of the best examples we have of how important DDO can be. He was once a liberal who became a conservative. Another user, before he left, that I had a good time with was ConservativePolitico.

I used to really respect ConservativePolitico. Grant and I were, at least I think, friends for a while... but there at the very end he got seriously hostile and that really had a negative impact on our friendship.
Tsar of DDO
dtaylor971
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:14:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 9:11:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 1/17/2015 9:06:25 PM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 1/17/2015 9:05:09 PM, imabench wrote:
It took you 3 years to get 1,500 posts?

Yes... it clearly says that on his profile. What is the point of the question, when you already know the answer, and it is most likely he does, also?

I ask because ive been here the same amount of time with literally 10 times more forum posts....

.........only 80% of which were due to flamewars.

Only? Dude, you have some catching up to do
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite